OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The only thing you have to be aware of using the GT350 hat is that the basket will begin to empty faster than it can refill at around 675lph.

The Sai Li is a return style system. The factory system is a dead head system (returnless) which is internally regulated.
Is the GT500 setup different than the GT350. Does it not have a basket style too?
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
his kit works somewhat like a dead head, where the fuel can enter the rails but never passes via the regulator, how ever the regulator can open in order to vent excess fuel to prevent over pressurization of the system. The one I'm working on and referring to Dead head the regulator is the tee, so:

Pump > Hoses > Regulator >Fuel rail
So the rail is at the end of the system, fuel doesnt flow anywhere but into the engine once it hits the rails.

return style is:
Pump > Hoses > Y block > Fuel rails > Hoses > Fuel regulator(each rail goes to their own side of regulator) > bottom port returns to fuel hat

and the deadhead(returnless) kit you're making will be for what applications?

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
and the deadhead(returnless) kit you're making will be for what applications?
I am not making a returnless system, both the dead head and return system will have a regulator to return fuel to the tank. A dead head will just use the OEM rails instead of a new set of billet rails

Is the GT500 setup different than the GT350. Does it not have a basket style too?
13/14 GT500 has a vertical outlet(s197 style) on the pump and the GT350 has a horizontal outlet from the pump(s550 style), how ever both of them have baskets

Last edited:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
That's how I did it on my kit. Ran my own AN feed and return, mine is 6AN though(8AN is easily do-able), it will support about as much as the pumps can. You can always BAP them to get a little more out of them too. Second pump can be wired to activate off of a Hobbs switch as well.
How did you get that big of a feed line into the stock fuel hat? I have a Sai Li kit and am looking for a way to upgrade the feed line.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How did you get that big of a feed line into the stock fuel hat? I have a Sai Li kit and am looking for a way to upgrade the feed line.
I could probably make you the line if you really wanted. You would need about 110" of hose if not a little more to do it yourself along with all the correct fittings. How ever you wont see much gains on the Sai kit by doing this since he doesn't include new rails and you will be limited by the 3/8th rail inlet size.

Ideally you would want new rails and to route you system so you are flowing fuel through both rails and the back to the regulator where excess is sent to the tank.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I could probably make you the line if you really wanted. You would need about 110" of hose if not a little more to do it yourself along with all the correct fittings. How ever you wont see much gains on the Sai kit by doing this since he doesn't include new rails and you will be limited by the 3/8th rail inlet size.

Ideally you would want new rails and to route you system so you are flowing fuel through both rails and the back to the regulator where excess is sent to the tank.
I would plan on getting rails too to go with it for sure. How to attach a larger feed line to the stock hat would be my struggle. Although I didn't look too closely at the assembly when I put it in. What could these pumps support with a larger feed?

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would plan on getting rails too to go with it for sure. How to attach a larger feed line to the stock hat would be my struggle. Although I didn't look too closely at the assembly when I put it in. What could these pumps support with a larger feed?
While having larger lines does allow the pump to flow more LPH since there is less restriction in the lines, you are going need a car capable of maxing out this system to know what the max of it would be. Logging your fuel pressure and IPW/IDC is the only way to know for sure.

The "max" may vary by set up but would be determined by seeing when you start to lose fuel pressure to the point where the IDC can longer reasonably keep up and stay safe. Losing a few psi at peak fuel demand isn't going to kill the engine but losing say 10+psi is def going to starve the engine a lot sooner and could result in your duty cycle spiking well past 100% to just try and keep up

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Converting the stock hat to a larger AN style line seems easy but I have not tried it yet. My plan is to use the parts below. I was thinking about going with 10AN feed line and 8AN return so I am good to go when I upgrade to a tripple pump hat down the road. I am wondering if going to a 10AN would be too large a line. I also need to find out what type of HP a 8An will support at 65PSI and how much of a return line is needed.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-16886 (Vibrant Performance Fuel Adapter Fittings 16886) This will convert pump hat 3/8 line to 6AN

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/icb-an894-06-08b (6AN-8AN (ICT Billet Reducer Fittings AN894-06-08B) Use this to convert 6AN to 8AN

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
That's an interesting way to use Excel lol.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When do you think your return setup will be out? Q1 2018 maybe?
I was aiming for black friday pre-orders and kits to start arriving before x-mas, but currently not accepting orders yet as I finalize the install guide for s550(already finished the one for s197) and work with another vendor on maybe carrying/stocking it(which would let me focus solely on production)

What do you guys think of this setup?

Keep in mind the middle bottom port of the regulator is the return port, but your general idea could work how ever it looks like you are keeping it a dead head system vs converting to a full return set up.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea I his goal was to make it affordable but be able to upgrade easily without getting rid of the whole system and starting over,but ran that way it does dead head but u use the stock rails.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yea I his goal was to make it affordable but be able to upgrade easily without getting rid of the whole system and starting over,but ran that way it does dead head but u use the stock rails.
My dead head system will be cheaper by ~$100-150...my full return with billet rails will be around ~$1,000...it'll be cheaper if you go with the our budget regulator vs aeromotive in the standard kit...but don't quote me 100% on the prices yet, how ever the goal is to get a full return system with rails in the $900-$1000 range and the dead head in the $800-$900 range(both cheaper with budget regulator)
Sponsored