Sponsored

Accessing the fire wall sound hole from the driver foot well

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I'm trying to run my oil temp sensor wires through the fire wall hole where the sound tube was. From the engine bay it looks like its up and in from the steering column. The fire wall in the driver foot well is covered with fiber mat, doesn't seem easy to loosen and pull away to find the sound tube hole from the foot well.

Any suggestions on how to access the sound tube fire wall hole from inside the driver foot well without making a complete mess of things? Estimating from the looks of it in the engine bay, the sound hole looks to be right where the gas pedal mounts. Is it ill-advised to dismount the gas pedal?
As most of you know, Its really hard to reach from the engine bay and I have it plugged already.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
This hole is exactly behind the gas pedal assembly. You can pull the wires through it without even taking the pedal off, or take the pedall unit off (which is just a few nuts).

Use a flashlight from motor side and you will see the light inside))

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This hole is exactly behind the gas pedal assembly. You can pull the wires through it without even taking the pedal off, or take the pedall unit off (which is just a few nuts).

Use a flashlight from motor side and you will see the light inside))
^^ This, I removed my gas pedal (I think it’s 2 or 3 nuts, and pulled through my boost gauge wires in about 15-20 minutes.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Pedal is super easy to take off. I ran my flex fuel sensor wires through the same spot. Three nuts and the pedal is off, unclip the wire and it’s right there. There’s nothing to recalibrate or anything when you put it back on, just bolt it up and connect the wire.

I would recommend popping the sound tube plug out from the inside, drilling your hole, and starting the wires through. Then you can just pop it back in which is much easier than trying to poke the wire through a tiny hole in the plug when you can’t see.

OP
OP
Bossdog

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Thanks all, much appreciated!
Sponsored