Sponsored

AC went out

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thanks. I will definitely push them towards looking at that initially. Should I do something about the cooled seats at the same time?
If the AC evaporator is bad, the seats will have to come out to get the dash out. So it would be a good time to have the dealer also do the cooled seats TSB fix.
Sponsored

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been having the same issue since December, finally just dropped it off at the dealer this morning. Service writer told me I should get my baby back by the end of the day let's hope.

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That was quick car is done.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Got the call from Ford that my car is ready to be picked up. They said they couldn't find a leak after using UV die but that it was low on gas so they filled that up.. they've asked me to bring it back in in 2 weeks to check if there is any UV die leak. Does this sound even possible to anyone? How could it be low on gas when it is less than a year old and with no obvious leak? Do you think it's really the evaporator and they didn't really look into it? I suggested they check their first as it has been known to go on many mustangs.

Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Got the call from Ford that my car is ready to be picked up. They said they couldn't find a leak after using UV die but that it was low on gas so they filled that up.. they've asked me to bring it back in in 2 weeks to check if there is any UV die leak. Does this sound even possible to anyone? How could it be low on gas when it is less than a year old and with no obvious leak? Do you think it's really the evaporator and they didn't really look into it? I suggested they check their first as it has been known to go on many mustangs.
For our mustang, it was initially found to be low on refrigerant. They serviced it, but found no leaks in the under-hood area. It wasn't until they checked the evaporator that they found the leak. If they didn't check the evaporator, they probably missed the leak. I imagine it's not easy to check, so they may not be too excited about that task.
However, with this such a common issue, I can't imagine they didn't check the evaporator. If they did, and found no leak, then it could be something else. FWIW, my service writer told me they check the evaporators on all 15+ mustangs when diagnosing low refrigerant issues.

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Called for appointment on Monday, told to drop car off on Wednesday morning. Was told they were backed up and may get to it today(Thursday) got a text this PM. Evaporator being replaced. Hopefully can get my car back tomorrow. Only 5,000 miles. Sad.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
For our mustang, it was initially found to be low on refrigerant. They serviced it, but found no leaks in the under-hood area. It wasn't until they checked the evaporator that they found the leak. If they didn't check the evaporator, they probably missed the leak. I imagine it's not easy to check, so they may not be too excited about that task.
However, with this such a common issue, I can't imagine they didn't check the evaporator. If they did, and found no leak, then it could be something else. FWIW, my service writer told me they check the evaporators on all 15+ mustangs when diagnosing low refrigerant issues.
It had 200gms of refrigerant out of the 680 it takes. So was very low. Has to be a leak somewhere. I pushed them towards the evaporator but they claim they couldn't see a leak or problem. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if any of the UV dye is visible anywhere. I feel like this is a problem I'm going to be fighting for a while until they actually take a long time and properly fund the problem...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do they even check the evaporator for leaks if it's buried deep inside the dashboard?

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So when I picked up the car they left the plastic on the steering column in 2 pieces, and the wipers sitting halfway up the glass. Dropped the car off again today to get them fixed, let's hope second times a charm.

Sponsored

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
My compressor is starting to make a noise. I have a feeling mine is on the way out.

I have headers in my garage waiting to go on. Should I hold off on the header install until I take it to the dealer and get the A/C issue sorted out?

I don't want them telling me the headers caused the A/C to go out or some BS.

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My compressor is starting to make a noise. I have a feeling mine is on the way out.

I have headers in my garage waiting to go on. Should I hold off on the header install until I take it to the dealer and get the A/C issue sorted out?

I don't want them telling me the headers caused the A/C to go out or some BS.

Depends on your dealer look at my mod list and I flashed the ECU. I didn't have to return to stock at all, but I know someone at the dealer who told me they were mod friendly.

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Called for appointment on Monday, told to drop car off on Wednesday morning. Was told they were backed up and may get to it today(Thursday) got a text this PM. Evaporator being replaced. Hopefully can get my car back tomorrow. Only 5,000 miles. Sad.
Saga continues. Picked up the car today. Told to bring back Monday morning and they will replace the evaporator. Very frustrating. Maybe I am lucky, first time with issues with a new car since my 2001 C5 Vette. 2005 MINI Cooper S, no issues. 2009 BMW 135, no issues, 2011 MINI JCW, no issues, 2013 Fiat Abarth, no issues. 2016 Mustang ECB- ac out at less tha 5,000 miles. Disappointed.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Is the evaporator the most common AC failure? My AC went out last summer. They said it was a leaky line, replaced it, recharged it and it was fine. In the fall I started smelling that smell and thought it might be going out again. Plus whenever I go through a car wash now the inside of my windshield gets fogged up so bad it's hard to drive out. Well today it was about 70* so I turned on the AC and sure enough, no cold air at all. I just wanted to know what the most common thing is so I can mention it. I don't want them bandaiding this thing until the warranty runs out and then saying oh it's your ??? and it'll be $2500 to fix it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wanted to know what the most common thing is so I can mention it. I don't want them bandaiding this thing until the warranty runs out and then saying oh it's your ??? and it'll be $2500 to fix it.
Probably is the evaporator based on all the failed A/C talk on this board, so I'd mention to them that they need to verify.
Sponsored