2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
57249151.jpg
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
100% this was a troll post. New account with no prior posts, overly critical of the Mustang, makes it clear from the start he thinks the SS is better, followed by a post less than a day later in which he naturally picks the SS, doesn't act the least bit surprised or defensive that half the replies were insulting and/or calling him out on his troll. Mmhmm. :cool:

Impressive OP. :cheers:

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
good luck with it dude. should be awesome.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Looking for some reasonable input and discussion. Hope I'm posting in the correct section. :)
You came to a Mustang forum, my friend. Remember, we're the same people who mow down bystanders at Mustang Week. Reasonable doesn't enter into it. That being said, you asked some questions. I will answer you.

Mustang pros
Cheaper, which doesn't matter much to me
Non Direct-Injection engine. No carbon build-up is a good thing
I like the overall interior layout better
Better visibility (this could be the deciding factor)
I always wanted to own a Mustang at least once in my life
1. Cheaper should matter, unless you're filthy rich or something. I'm assuming you aren't, and you're just saying it's not a big deal. Consider this: you can get a Roush modified GT for around $40k from the right dealer, still have warranty and everything. That'll smoke the Camaro. Or buy Mustang, spend cost difference in aftermarket. That'll do it too.

2. I feel you on the better visibility thing. Looked at some 5th gen Camaros back when... visibility was a heaping pile of donkey sh*t. I felt like I was going to die just sitting in it. Damn death trap, especially if you're like me and you drive like a complete f*cknut. That whole death thing? Yeah, not me.

3. The interior is no contest. Mustang all the way.

Mustang cons
I don't really love the styling. Initially I didn't care or the rear end, but now I find the front end to be even less likeable. Compared to the front end, the rear end is a lot more tolerable to me
Power
Handling
Gas mileage
Eats oil?
More new Mustangs on the road than Camaros
Feminine
1. Front end is iffy. I agree. But, the damn thing grew on me.
2. Rear end is nice. It's a bit fat, mind you. But hey, more junk in a bigger trunk. What's not to like?
3. Gas mileage is a non-issue. And oh, it gets 30 highway, easy. I have a youtube video on it somewhere.
4. Eats oil?! Not as far as I know.
5. Yes, more Mustangs on the road than Camaros. It's starting to annoy me now, so I feel you. At first it was all zOMG *THAT* is a Mustang wow! Now it's like "oh THAT douchebag in his c*ntwagon Mustang again. So lame."

Anyway, this isn't the market segment for impressing people with the rarity of your car anyway. If money really is no object for you, buy a Lambo or something. Then, instead of being a poor douche like me, you can be a rich douche.

Camaro pros
Exterior styling I like
Power
Handling
Magnetic damping
Better ride
Gas mileage (really doesn't matter to me, will be a weekend car)
A lot more feautures. NPP exhaust, heads up display
Better value for the money
More rare than Mustangs
Let me list a con here you might not have noticed. You want a car that's not so common on the road. But your average low-information voter isn't going to notice the difference between 5th and 6th gen Camaros. Too similar!

1. Power... okay. You win. Got nothing.
2. Handling... I've heard mixed things about this. 6th gen Mustangs handle pretty well.
3. Magnetic shit... okay, you win. Hey, if you're rich, buy mt a GT350, please?
4. Better ride? Subjective, I guess.
5. Features... yeah, but you pay out the ass for them. I looked up prices 'cause you made me curious. I can't even get a mid-range v6 Camaro for what I bought my Mustang GT for.
6. Gonna go with nope on better value for money. Better car? Yes. I admit. In stock form, trim-to-trim, it's better. But more expensive, too.

Camaro cons
I don't like the interior layout as much as the Mustang
Poor visibility (this alone could be the deal-breaker!)
Costs more (not a major factor)
I wish I was in the position that costs more didn't matter.

I don't play on modding whatever car I get. Could that change? Yea, especially if I go with the Mustang. I kind of want a low 12 second car. It would be nice if the car was faster than my stock '10 Camaro SS M6.
Either car will do that.

Not sure what tranny to go with yet....
Hint: Not Bruce Jenner. Sh*t's busted.

the Camaro I'd have no problem driving an auto, but with the Mustang I'd probably lean towards a manual GTPP. I want all the options......premium.
The performance difference between the cars narrows if you compare manual to manual. Something to note.

The other thing I want to get out of the way is how I really, really am tired of the fanboyism on both sides. Can that be kept out of this thread? Coming up with every reasons and justification for why one car is superior than the other is extremely lame. Legitimate bashing and hating on the other car/brand is pathetic. It's like some people's car/opinion is their identity. :crazy:
Well, I'm an ass to everybody. Equal opportunity. But... yeah, this is a flame worthy topic. But I appreciate the sentiments, man.

But I'd really appreciate some reasonable discussion, why you like and don't like about the Mustang, as well as the Camaro. Just try to keep it mature and civil please.
Civil you got. Mature... is asking too much, good sir. I am a purveyor of fart jokes and sexual humor, my friend.

I'll be posting this exact message on the Camaro site if they ever let me join. I tried to join a while back and their administrator never approved my registration. :rolleyes::thumbdown:
Put on a fake mullet and a sideways NASCAR hat and post the picture to the camaro6g admins. They'll expedite your approvals there. All you have to do here in the Mustang world is post your body count from Mustang Week. Easy-peasy.

Good luck in your car buying, man. Don't let the sales weasel put any dicks anywhere they don't belong.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Buying an SS right now. Black 2SS npp magnetic A8.

Thanks for all the contributions brothers.
I am sure that you will enjoy it! Good luck on Camaro6g.com... :cheers: If you are similar to [MENTION=16068]ZaneWayne[/MENTION] I am sure you will be welcomed here by most folks too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
I'll respond in depth to this thread tomorrow....thanks again for those who were cool to me. But damn, some of you need to mellow out. :D

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yeah mustang fanbois are a tough crowd

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Lets just say all those pony cars nowadays are great vehicles in general. Performance and refinement are almost on par with 80% of the BMWs while the price is lower. Choose either that you prefer and we could still be friends :cheers:

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I give approximately zero sh*ts what random people on the internet choose to drive. But I do enjoy an opportunity for foul humor and salesweasel jokes.

The problem these days is folks are too damned serious all the time. I know I used to get that way sometimes. Like, you have to defend your make and model. F*ck that, Ford ain't paying me.

Now, that doesn't mean our intrepid Camaro buyer is going to be immune from mullethead jokes either, mind you. But it's all in good fun.

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I just bought my car. I wanted a base GT or SS...couldnt justify the extra 8k for the 1SS. It was hard enough finding a base GT, a 1SS car was damn near impossible to find. I caught the dealership at the end of the month and they basically gave me my GT.

Camaro is a great car on paper but, its still a GM...and a fresh model year GM too. No thanks Jeff.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I give approximately zero sh*ts what random people on the internet choose to drive. But I do enjoy an opportunity for foul humor and salesweasel jokes.

The problem these days is folks are too damned serious all the time. I know I used to get that way sometimes. Like, you have to defend your make and model. F*ck that, Ford ain't paying me.

Now, that doesn't mean our intrepid Camaro buyer is going to be immune from mullethead jokes either, mind you. But it's all in good fun.
mullethead jokes :lol: Where's the T-tops? :D

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'll respond in depth to this thread tomorrow....thanks again for those who were cool to me. But damn, some of you need to mellow out. :D
At least get the Camaro 2SS in manual transmission. Otherwise you might start daydreaming, get the ADD, and then make a bad lane change into the blind spot :headbonk:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Camaro is a great car on paper but, its still a GM...and a fresh model year GM too. No thanks Jeff.
Not sure what this part means but if you are taking a shot at GM build quality here my ford and many others have had their share of silly issues. Every car co has this

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
My buddy with '16 SS wishes he bought a '16 GT... Well, maybe "wish" is too strong.
He is not happy that he paid extra for the SS, when my GT/PP/premium does it just as well. '16 is his 4th Camaro since I've known him. Big GM fanatic he is.
That stock NPP/Active exhaust sure does sound good from the factory!
Sponsored

Last edited: