Sponsored

About to get a GT or SS

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Before I bought my GT, I took a test drive in the SS. As in the OP's case, money wasn't really a consideration. I chose the GT because I felt claustrophobic in the Camaro. The visibility from about 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock is horrible and the cabin felt tiny. The extra bit of power off the showroom floor was nice, but I already knew that I was going to supercharge whatever I bought so that didn't matter to me.

At the end of the day, the Mustang was the better looking car and practically free when you consider the segment that it plays in.

Even if someone gave me an SS, I'd probably rarely drive it. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Best,
Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I'd get the Camaro. More power and lighter from the get go. MRC also. But I was a fbody owner(2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen) before my s550. Go big and get a 1LE or go bigger and get a ZL1.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I also came down to those two cars. I found the camaro I wanted for $43k and the mustang I wanted for $31k and that made my decision. I do not regret it at all. I personally think these mustangs look soooo much better than the Camaros, and there is so much aftermarket support.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There's 5 years in between the models. Umm I would hope you would win. And while I don't exactly agree with the "feminine" ideal, the Mustang has been a huge hit with women over the last 2 years and even Caroll Shelby called the Mustang a "secretary's car."

Now take a deep breath and...
He implied the mustang wasn't faster than his 2010 SS. The mustang has been faster since 2011 it only took GM 5 years to beat the mustang and they had to rob the corvette and caddy to do it.

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Looked at both. Test drove both. Camaro was definately faster and handled better. Got the mustang used for 31k with 3700 miles, which was like 6+k less than a new 1ss. I could add a supercharger for the price difference. Also the trunk, rear seat space, and interior in the mustang was far better. Pretty happy i went that route cause in the end i have a fun fast car and money in my pocket for other things i want in life. Best of luck with whaterver you choose!

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
If I were making that decision it would come down to the most quality and reliability per dollar. Long term the mustang will hold together and keep its value because of ford quality. Ive owned my share of gm and fords. They both have parts made in Mexico but manufacturers of ford products in Mexico must have a highed quality standard.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
camaro of course. it's not 2014, it's 2016. if i was in the market today, it would be the SS.

Sponsored

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
For a weekend car, a camaro might be better for you. The visability is bad but not untolerable for me. (i am 6'4 so the high window doesn't bother that much) The npp exhaust is the best thing for camaro IMO

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looking for some reasonable input and discussion. Hope I'm posting in the correct section. :)

So this week I intend to purchase a new Mustang GT or a Camaro SS. I could be biased since I grew up in a GM family (but not LOYAL and far, far from a FANBOY). Drove a 01 Z28 M6 for a decade, had a '10 Camaro SS M6 for a few years, then got rid of it and bought an economy car since I began to commute about 70-120 miles/day. The Camaro was fun but the visibility was my one gripe. I was at fault for an accident when changing lanes on the highway. Some guy was coming up behind me going 80+ and then jumped into the lane to the right of me just as I was changing lanes, and his left front bumper tapped my left rear bumper.

I'm tired of not having a fast car and after closely following the 2016 Camaro SS and Mustang GT, I might just flip a coin to determine which one I go with. I was set on the Camaro for the most part, but now I'm really considering the Mustang..
Mustang cons
I don't really love the styling. Initially I didn't care or the rear end, but now I find the front end to be even less likeable. Compared to the front end, the rear end is a lot more tolerable to me
Power
Handling
Gas mileage
Eats oil?
More new Mustangs on the road than Camaros
Feminine

Camaro pros
Exterior styling I like
Power
Handling
Magnetic damping
Better ride
Gas mileage (really doesn't matter to me, will be a weekend car)
A lot more feautures. NPP exhaust, heads up display
Better value for the money
More rare than Mustangs

REALLY... You have already made your choice... Clearly it's the Camaro... You think the Mustang looks Feminine... WOW.. Eats oil? Not mine.. Power... Can be fixed with a tune.... Handling... Minor suspension work will fix that! Gas mileage... Mine can get 24mpg if I baby it... 20mpg if I drive like it should be drove... If you want more than that, buy a Smart car.. I like the fact that you are a car enthusiast.. If you want a 12 second car, both will get the job done... If you want 10's..... FIND A DEALER THAT SELLS MUSTANG WITH THE TVS BLOWER INSTALLED..

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Grande1124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Honestly, the new Camaro might be the ugliest car on the road right now. The visibility and the ridiculous trunk are also a problem but the looks alone were a deal breaker for me. It's very fast though.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Dunno I prefer the OEM over the Roush. I don't like the angles and fog light areas. To each their own though.
Oh yeah, I was mostly just having fun, the factory front end is beautiful. The Roush is nice to stand out, but ultimately from a pure design perspective, I'd go with stock. :)
Sponsored