Sponsored

A/C only coming out of passenger vents

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
So Im taking a 120 mile drive in 75-85 degree weather and I notice my AC isnt cold, it wasnt hot, but not cold as it should. Then the next day I notice my passenger side vents are cold, but not the driver side. Could a vent be blocked on the driver side? Will call the dealer this week, but just wondering if anyone had this issue. It doesnt sound like the evaporator issue bc the air isnt hot, but who knows.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The Evap issue presents in several different ways, and I believe this is one of the failure modes (or a precursor). If air is coming out of both sides, it's not the blend door actuator.

JR

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
So Im taking a 120 mile drive in 75-85 degree weather and I notice my AC isnt cold, it wasnt hot, but not cold as it should. Then the next day I notice my passenger side vents are cold, but not the driver side. Could a vent be blocked on the driver side? Will call the dealer this week, but just wondering if anyone had this issue. It doesnt sound like the evaporator issue bc the air isnt hot, but who knows.
Ya looks like you just joined the evap core failure club.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I've followed the evap fail thread, and even bought an ESP because of it.
However, I still can not wrap my head around how an evap fail presents as cold on the passenger side and hot on the drivers. Like a friggin McDlt.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I called the dealer and they said doesnt sound like the evap, im bringing it in this week

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine did that well over a year ago. In my case, it was cured by me disconnecting the battery. Been fine since. So it wasn't mechanical in my case. Had to be electronic in nature.

Might not work for you, but worth a try if you don't want the risk of a dealer visit where bad things can happen, including ripping the interior apart to replace the evap that may or may not be needed.

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Hmm yeah ill give that a shot! Anything to save a trip to the dealer, already have had issues with them LOL

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Mine did that well over a year ago. In my case, it was cured by me disconnecting the battery. Been fine since. So it wasn't mechanical in my case. Had to be electronic in nature.

Might not work for you, but worth a try if you don't want the risk of a dealer visit where bad things can happen, including ripping the interior apart to replace the evap that may or may not be needed.
Damn, didnt work:(

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Have them look this "Special Service Message" up.

SSM 47149 – 2015-2017 Mustang – Poor Air Conditioning (A/C) Performance, Low Refrigerant Charge – Built On Or Before 2-Sep-2016

Some 2015-2017 Mustang vehicles built on or before 2-Sep-2016 may exhibit poor A/C performance.

If a low refrigerant charge is confirmed and there are no other obvious signs of a refrigerant leak, suspect the evaporator to be the source of the leak.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2015 – 2017 CAR: ZG MUSTANG (S550)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Have them look this "Special Service Message" up.

SSM 47149 – 2015-2017 Mustang – Poor Air Conditioning (A/C) Performance, Low Refrigerant Charge – Built On Or Before 2-Sep-2016

Some 2015-2017 Mustang vehicles built on or before 2-Sep-2016 may exhibit poor A/C performance.

If a low refrigerant charge is confirmed and there are no other obvious signs of a refrigerant leak, suspect the evaporator to be the source of the leak.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2015 – 2017 CAR: ZG MUSTANG (S550)
I will definitely be pointing this out, thanks! Such a shame they will have to tear down the interior, sounds like a terrible design

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Sorry to waste your time.

Maybe try to find what dealer some local victims used and pass on the bad ones.

No worries, im happy to try something that easy that could potentially save a trip to the dealer

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Exact same symptoms mine had right before it went totally out.
It was the evaporator.
picture.jpg

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Did they replace it with another faulty evap or is it an upgraded part? Sorry if it has been covered in the long thread
Sponsored