Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Deleted member 35786

Parts arrived for me, so the car goes in next week for evaporator change and a defective front brake caliper under warranty. Will be down for about 3 days.. Will post TSB and part numbers once its finished.
Sponsored

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
the part got ordered and came in sometime last week but dealer didn't have any loaner vehicles so finally they got 1 on Monday and dropped the car off around 5pm. hopefully i'll have my car back tomorrow. they said 2-3 days should do it.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well had my evap system replace last year when the car had around 15-16,000 miles on. The car now has 27,000 miles on it and it has now gone bad again. I do not know what the issue is yet. It blows really warm on 1 side and not so cool on the other side. I am thinking I will be on my 2nd evap replacement.
I got lucky. It was not another evap core. It was the pump that went bad this time.

Deleted member 35786

the part got ordered and came in sometime last week but dealer didn't have any loaner vehicles so finally they got 1 on Monday and dropped the car off around 5pm. hopefully i'll have my car back tomorrow. they said 2-3 days should do it.
At least your getting a loaner car. Dealer told me Ford denied the last person who asked for one regarding AC work so a no go for me. Time to use my daughters beater car.

blipszyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So 49.5K miles on my '16 GT and evaporator is dead. :( Wish I knew it was coming so I could've gotten the extended warranty. $1900 to replace at the dealership. Am I going to get another 50K out of the new one?

Sponsored

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
If I end up with an evap leak issue on my 2018 GT I will trade the car in the day after it comes out of the dealers service dept and it WON'T be for a Ford. i'm not gonna play this game.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If I end up with an evap leak issue on my 2018 GT I will trade the car in the day after it comes out of the dealers service dept and it WON'T be for a Ford. i'm not gonna play this game.
That would be my plan too. All these AC failures is total crap on Fords part. I love the Mustang, but if it gave me too much trouble like multiple evaporator failures it would be dumped for something more reliable.

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
I have a 2015 with just over 24k and I've replaced the evaporator core 3 times, one each summer since buying it new. This summer is its last core under warranty.

Deleted member 35786

So 49.5K miles on my '16 GT and evaporator is dead. :( Wish I knew it was coming so I could've gotten the extended warranty. $1900 to replace at the dealership. Am I going to get another 50K out of the new one?
I am new to Ford and this game so I could not help you.
But the question is are you willing to dump $1900 into the car, and would you get that back if you sold it? Or knock price down a bit and sell with bad core. Tough call.

I can say that if my 17' continues to do this over the next few years it will be on the market. Dealing with AC issues here in the south is a death sentence. lol

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
got the car back. part number for the new evap core is FR3Z-19860-B, a bolt & washer, and a couple o rings + the fillup of R134 and compressor oil. took 2 days to fix - dropped it off monday at 5pm(i assume they didn't work on it this day due to late arrival), got the call it was ready this morning (thursday). seems the mechanic did a good job as i don't hear any rattles or weird noises.

At least your getting a loaner car. Dealer told me Ford denied the last person who asked for one regarding AC work so a no go for me. Time to use my daughters beater car.
the dealer actually did not have a loaner to give me on monday(was told they have 2 pages of customer backlog for loaner). ford approved for a rental @ $30/day - dealer got me one through enterprise. a 2018 fusion ecoboost titanium AWD, would be a decent daily cept the mpg is close to what my mustang does.

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have a 2015 with just over 24k and I've replaced the evaporator core 3 times, one each summer since buying it new. This summer is its last core under warranty.
Same here...3rd evap and about to go in for another. FYI...all warranty replacements are covered for 12/12 according to my dealer, so if you fall in that window it will be covered again.

wendellrn65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert guard metallic
2015 gtp vert with 10,588 started blowing hot on driver side and not cooling on a hot day live in NW Florida and AC is a must here.... it was the Evap core...2 days to fix @ Autonation in Panama City excellent service BTW just hope this does not become a regular thing to replace...Glad I purchased an extended warranty on top of the ford certified one and remaining factory.

SpiralOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
we need more people to try the Marvin Method before getting evap replacements!!!
I did this back in March, and AC is still blowing cold. Still not as cold as my 14 year old Chevy truck, but it's been good enough for this hot as hell Texas summer.