Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Datalogging works just fine with one of these and the Torque app.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-ELM327...rd_wg=G7opG&psc=1&refRID=B2R6ZW2GZ949HHP2DTST
That's what I currently use since getting my mustang. The datalogging through torque app is not very quick. It gets the job done but isn't the best. Torque is just fine for information but I wouldn't trust a torque datalog to adjust your tune off of. It's mainly for eye candy.

It doesn't have nearly as fast as an update frequency / sample rate as a true datalogging tool and you can't really argue that one. My previous car, G37S was uprev tuned and the datalogging on that would have 25 samples in the timeframe torque takes 1.

Also it's PID selection is very limited, but if it's torque or nothing obviously something is better than nothing.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I currently use since getting my mustang. The datalogging through torque app is not very quick. It gets the job done but isn't the best. Torque is just fine for information but I wouldn't trust a torque datalog to adjust your tune off of. It's mainly for eye candy.

It doesn't have nearly as fast as an update frequency / sample rate as a true datalogging tool and you can't really argue that one. My previous car, G37S was uprev tuned and the datalogging on that would have 25 samples in the timeframe torque takes 1.

Also it's PID selection is very limited, but if it's torque or nothing obviously something is better than nothing.
It's good enough to log knock counts and such. You know you can increase the sampling frequency right? 10 Hz isn't bad for almost everything. For spark or injection tuning? No.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
It's good enough to log knock counts and such. You know you can increase the sampling frequency right? 10 Hz isn't bad for almost everything. For spark or injection tuning? No.
That's the main thing I use it for.

I just found where do adjust that sampling frequency, it was set to 5 Hz I just changed it to 10.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Its been something requested by customers for a while so were going to start supplying it right in our product!:cheers:

While I’m not ready to potentially forgo my warranty just yet...I’m sitting at around 42k... not having data.ogging would have been the primary reason I would have chosen another product. So that’s awesome to hear

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
It costs me a whopping $3 more per fill up to use 93 instead of 87. I get gas once a week, so over a year it would be less than $200. Stop getting the grande starbucks with caramel and whip cream once a week and you save double that a year.

@Livernois, does this tune work well with "winter blend" gas? I am torn between the Ford PP2 which saves the warranty and a custom tune so I don't have to deal with the no-lift strategy.
I love how people always use Starbucks or whatever premium coffee as a tool in their argument and also fail to account for regional difference in pricing of gas or that some, maybe most, brew coffee at home. Also everyone drives their same mileage. :crazy:
Station nearest my house is .60 more per gallon. At 15 gallons that's 9 bucks. At 2 fill ups a week that's 18 bucks a week. Or 936/year. No that doesn't kill me financially but it's a chunk of change.

I fish frequently, at 20 bucks a quart of shrimp, that's 45 qts of shrimp. Probably two years worth for me. Maybe more. Again, that's a decent chunk.

All that said, I have a lund tune I just haven't gotten around to installing it. It's a price I'm willing to pay. But if 1k bucks isn't a lot to you, I'll pm you my PayPal. I've been eyeballing a new 1911 anyway

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I love how people always use Starbucks or whatever premium coffee as a tool in their argument and also fail to account for regional difference in pricing of gas or that some, maybe most, brew coffee at home. Also everyone drives their same mileage. :crazy:
Station nearest my house is .60 more per gallon. At 15 gallons that's 9 bucks. At 2 fill ups a week that's 18 bucks a week. Or 936/year. No that doesn't kill me financially but it's a chunk of change.

I fish frequently, at 20 bucks a quart of shrimp, that's 45 qts of shrimp. Probably two years worth for me. Maybe more. Again, that's a decent chunk.

All that said, I have a lund tune I just haven't gotten around to installing it. It's a price I'm willing to pay. But if 1k bucks isn't a lot to you, I'll pm you my PayPal. I've been eyeballing a new 1911 anyway
There is a reason a majority in the US live paycheck to paycheck. Some people just don't care about their finances. Debit/Credit cards have compounded this issue. I save $600+/year by using 87 octane. Hell, it's one of the reasons I chose the mustang.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
There is a reason a majority in the US live paycheck to paycheck. Some people just don't care about their finances. Debit/Credit cards have compounded this issue. I save $600+/year by using 87 octane. Hell, it's one of the reasons I chose the mustang.
Think about how much you could have saved if you bought a smartcar instead of the mustang!

Really one of the reasons you bought the mustang was because you could fill it with 87 octane?

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Think about how much you could have saved if you bought a smartcar instead of the mustang!

Really one of the reasons you bought the mustang was because you could fill it with 87 octane?
Some people like the stylish look without having to spend the money as if it were a sports car, everyone is different for the reasons they buy a car

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
A strong desire and the discipline to save instead of spend, and doing so wisely when necessary, is partially what makes millionaires. There's a book on the subject and incorporating those traits does work. It takes time, but it does work.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people can't seem to grasp that concept. That's OK since those same people make investors rich. :thumbsup:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
A strong desire and the discipline to save instead of spend, and doing so wisely when necessary, is partially what makes millionaires. There's a book on the subject and incorporating those traits does work. It takes time, but it does work.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people can't seem to grasp that concept. That's OK since those same people make investors rich. :thumbsup:
:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)

Patience is key most of the time

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Patience is key most of the time
I waited almost 2 years to buy my "stylish look without having to spend the money as if it were a sports car" Mustang and got 0% for 60 months, because another trait of millionaires is using other people's money for free when taking on debt. :headbang:

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I waited almost 2 years to buy my "stylish look without having to spend the money as if it were a sports car" Mustang and got 0% for 60 months, because another trait of millionaires is using other people's money for free when taking on debt. :headbang:
Thats the smart way to do it! The ability to build credit is so important, with good credit life is always gonna be so much easier