Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does this retain Bluetooth functionality, etc.?
Yes.

ECM90 said:
Where do you get the MFT? What's the price difference? What's the pros and cons of this over that?
My Ford Touch is simply Ford's proprietary interface. You can get the Ford OEM screen through a dealer or (much cheaper) through eBay and such. It's going to cost more then the $300 that they're asking for this Chinese counterpart. I don't know exact costs...depends on what you can find on eBay.

Pros and Cons is in the eye of the beholder. If you have a base model car...you're going to be taking apart your dash, cutting trim, using wiring harnesses etc regardless of which product you switch too. From what I've read here in this thread...the two main cons to the Chinese part is that Sync is in Chinese and the clock seems to be an hour ahead.

Like Tyler I never really use the Sync, so it being in Chinese does not affect me.
Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thank You TylerM35- with your Thread- I decided to pull the trigger and I ordered mine from TomTop.com- I think I feel comfortable to replace my stock Stereo Head Unit now....

I already have all the aftermarket speakers and Subs- now I will have an awesome head unit!! :headbang:

Altho I didn't change the country to the USA- I guess for the GPS

:crazy:

but I emailed them- messaged them- and Hell I will call them or message them on Monday....if not I will be in Australia somewhere....:doh:

Do you think designating the country of residence will take away the time forcing to China thing, and the Chinese sync? It must do something. Where did you guys buy yours that have this time problem, and did you specify you were in 'MERICA?

OP
OP
TylerM35

TylerM35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Package
Where do you get the MFT? What's the price difference? What's the pros and cons of this over that?

My ford touch is the factory system which you have to piece together and do your own wiring and what not. There is a huge thread about it in this section.

Pros are I actually like the navigation on this unit better then the my ford touch on my fusion and then the price is going to be a pretty significant difference. Cons are the temp display and the Chinese voice command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JStang091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
What is it like navigating through media on a USB drive? That's one of many things I HATE about the base unit. More specifically if your in a sub folder you have to go all the way back to the root of the drive.

Sponsored

ianw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V8 Mustang Black
just pulled the trigger and ordered one as well from tomtop.com's site. will update post when/if it arrives

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Do you think designating the country of residence will take away the time forcing to China thing, and the Chinese sync? It must do something. Where did you guys buy yours that have this time problem, and did you specify you were in 'MERICA?

I have no idea....we'll see. But here is the pic and where specify America!
Anything is better than that 4.3 crappy azz screen in a Modern 2015 base or not.
But I did read on another thread... Buy a base and make it your own...your way not the manufacturers way....

**and I got an email today saying it was on its way** lets see how long it takes...cant wait- I will be doing the Grille Mod in the mean-time

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang

I have no idea....we'll see. But here is the pic and where specify America!
Anything is better than that 4.3 crappy azz screen in a Modern 2015 base or not.
But I did read on another thread... Buy a base and make it your own...your way not the manufacturers way....

**and I got an email today saying it was on its way** lets see how long it takes...cant wait- I will be doing the Grille Mod in the mean-time

Awesome, can't wait for you to report back to see if this fixes the Chinese sync and time force. Maybe clicking America just makes sure to have that country loaded on the maps for the GPS, hopefully it takes care of more than that.

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Awesome, can't wait for you to report back to see if this fixes the Chinese sync and time force. Maybe clicking America just makes sure to have that country loaded on the maps for the GPS, hopefully it takes care of more than that.

We will see- I am doing this more for a simple touch but especially for the 8" screen....enough surface area to see sh*t rather than looking at that small 4.3 for what....Nothing really-
I have an iPhone that I will connect and just use Waze all the time- helps with the cops and accidents where I live....

OP
OP
TylerM35

TylerM35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Package

It will not fix the Chinese sync and temp. That selection is only for the navigation maps

Sponsored

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
I have sent an email to Ken in the YouTube video asking about changing the language and temperature.
If not I have google translate that works REAL good at taking pictures and translating to English.
Here is a sample from the pic that Tyler had of the back of the "chinese" radio in his pics on this thread....
I'll use it on the screen when I get the radio to see if there are settings in chinese.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
What is it like navigating through media on a USB drive? That's one of many things I HATE about the base unit. More specifically if your in a sub folder you have to go all the way back to the root of the drive.
When trying to navigate the USB, it is all in chinese. Every menu is chinese. Unless you speak chinese then you can't even use the sync commands to change the song or artist.

JStang091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Ohh... thats a bummer. I thought yall were only referring to the voice commands, didn't realize the menus were all Chinese for the USB as well. I guess that means you cant use a ipod/mp3 either?

Last edited:

Klokovjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Bagged wrapped and flares 2015 mustang gt
Mine will be coming in on Wednesday. Depending on if I have help installing this or not I'll try to take a video of the whole install or of the main parts, but with the help of Tyler's write up I don't see this being too difficult!

So excited to get rid of this small ass screen lol

airbornetex

Blackhawk Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1-
Mine will be coming in on Wednesday. Depending on if I have help installing this or not I'll try to take a video of the whole install or of the main parts, but with the help of Tyler's write up I don't see this being too difficult!

So excited to get rid of this small ass screen lol
Right on!!! We have something going here-
Sponsored