Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
That double-disc grind pattern in kind of neat, but it reminds me of the mid-90s GMC work van we used to have. Same pattern, but much cheaper looking on the van (aluminum-look plastic vs actual aluminum). Still, the old-school hot rodder in me prefers the engine-turn finish.
Sponsored

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Topnotch:

I think the last picture is Limited Edition dash not PP+50th packages. PP+50th package has more circular finish, I think.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Topnotch:

I think the last picture is Limited Edition dash not PP+50th packages. PP+50th package has more circular finish, I think.
Im pretty sure those are his legs in the picture which means he is sitting in the car and knows what he's talking about lol :coolphotos:

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Either there should be a credit, or the 50th anniv wheels should be in the trunk.

If I buy 2 combo meals at McDonalds I get no discount and 2 orders of fries. =)
Okay I typed this up earlier and lost my internet on the plane so let's try this again :headbonk:

Here's an easier way to think about this whole wheels/tires in a package fiasco....the numbers area ll hypothetical and just made them easy and round to help understand.....

Let's say the stock 18" wheels & tires that come with the standard EB/GT have a retail cost of $1000. That's the total cost of them, which is part of the price of the car with no options. Now let's say the 50th anniversary wheels & tire cost by themselves $1750. And finally let's say the PP wheels and tires (staggered and summer tires, so guessing they'll cost more) retail for $2000.

If you order JUST the 50th package, you only get one set of wheels/tires, the 50th wheels, NOT both the 50th wheels/tires AND the stock 18"ers. So, the net price difference between the two, in my example, is $750. So $750 of the $1595 package price goes towards the wheel upgrades (again, the numbers are made up and don't really matter for the point I'm making). Now if you order JUST the PP, then $1000 of the price of the package (different prices for GT and EB) will go towards your wheel upgrade. Since you don't get the 18" stockers when you order the package, you essentially pay the retail price for the package wheels minus the retail price of the stock 18" wheels....or "upgrade fee" if you will...

Now if you order both packages, then I do agree there should be a discount, but in my example the discount should be $750, because ordering both packages gets you the more expensive PP wheels, so it is redundant to have to pay the "upgrade fee" for the 50th wheels since you aren't getting them.

The point here is that the argument that you should be getting two sets of wheels/tires is not valid, because what you're asking for is $3750 worth of wheels/tires when you only paid $2750 total for wheels (including the price of the base wheels). But the fact is you're only getting $2000 worth of wheels/tires in real life, so they are ripping you off for $750 when you order both packages.

I am betting Ford doesn't care if they're charging you more for nothing, because the packages are both unique and desirable enough to get people to want them, especially since they include features that you can't just bolt on later or have the dealer bolt on. The 50th package has unique interior, and the PP has all the suspension tweaks, gauges, etc. I suspect if the PP was just the brakes and wheels, people would think twice about it and just put the brakes on after the fact. :shrug: But it seems Ford packaged these two packages well, so they've got you guys by the balls! :doh:

Side note: kind of glad now since I'm getting the GT convertible that I don't have to deal with this, since they don't offer PP on convertibles. Wish I could get the brakes and gauges though...guess that'll be for mod-time!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Oh, so not the "turned" finish?? Hmmm, not sure if I like that better than the "turned" or "Knurled" as I thought it had. If you happen to find yourself inside one of these again could you possibly get a picture of the interior? As in the seats and door trim?? Really excited to see the difference between the 50'th package and 50'th LE.

Thanks again for your posts!!
That turned aluminum look is SOOOOOO fantastic. Reminds me of pre-war luxury cars or old British sports cars, like the old Triumph Spitfire:

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That turned aluminum look is SOOOOOO fantastic. Reminds me of pre-war luxury cars or old British sports cars, like the old Triumph Spitfire:

I know I was looking forward to it. It's not that I don't like the one in his post it's just I think I liked the turned better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Okay I typed this up earlier and lost my internet on the plane so let's try this again :headbonk:

Here's an easier way to think about this whole wheels/tires in a package fiasco....the numbers area ll hypothetical and just made them easy and round to help understand.....

Let's say the stock 18" wheels & tires that come with the standard EB/GT have a retail cost of $1000. That's the total cost of them, which is part of the price of the car with no options. Now let's say the 50th anniversary wheels & tire cost by themselves $1750. And finally let's say the PP wheels and tires (staggered and summer tires, so guessing they'll cost more) retail for $2000.

If you order JUST the 50th package, you only get one set of wheels/tires, the 50th wheels, NOT both the 50th wheels/tires AND the stock 18"ers. So, the net price difference between the two, in my example, is $750. So $750 of the $1595 package price goes towards the wheel upgrades (again, the numbers are made up and don't really matter for the point I'm making). Now if you order JUST the PP, then $1000 of the price of the package (different prices for GT and EB) will go towards your wheel upgrade. Since you don't get the 18" stockers when you order the package, you essentially pay the retail price for the package wheels minus the retail price of the stock 18" wheels....or "upgrade fee" if you will...

Now if you order both packages, then I do agree there should be a discount, but in my example the discount should be $750, because ordering both packages gets you the more expensive PP wheels, so it is redundant to have to pay the "upgrade fee" for the 50th wheels since you aren't getting them.

The point here is that the argument that you should be getting two sets of wheels/tires is not valid, because what you're asking for is $3750 worth of wheels/tires when you only paid $2750 total for wheels (including the price of the base wheels). But the fact is you're only getting $2000 worth of wheels/tires in real life, so they are ripping you off for $750 when you order both packages.

I am betting Ford doesn't care if they're charging you more for nothing, because the packages are both unique and desirable enough to get people to want them, especially since they include features that you can't just bolt on later or have the dealer bolt on. The 50th package has unique interior, and the PP has all the suspension tweaks, gauges, etc. I suspect if the PP was just the brakes and wheels, people would think twice about it and just put the brakes on after the fact. :shrug: But it seems Ford packaged these two packages well, so they've got you guys by the balls! :doh:

Side note: kind of glad now since I'm getting the GT convertible that I don't have to deal with this, since they don't offer PP on convertibles. Wish I could get the brakes and gauges though...guess that'll be for mod-time!
GiddyUp, I don't think anyone expected to actually get both sets of wheels, we were just offering an option other than a credit. "If you don't want to give us a $750 discount (your make believe number), then give us the wheels." I would be happy with any credit, because I just hate paying for something I'm not getting. Honestly, no complaints if they give me a $200 credit. I think it is just the principal that is bugging those of us who are buying both upgrades. I'm spending almost 36k on a car, the actual $$$ doesn't really matter.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
GiddyUp, I don't think anyone expected to actually get both sets of wheels, we were just offering an option other than a credit. "If you don't want to give us a $750 discount (your make believe number), then give us the wheels." I would be happy with any credit, because I just hate paying for something I'm not getting. Honestly, no complaints if they give me a $200 credit. I think it is just the principal that is bugging those of us who are buying both upgrades. I'm spending almost 36k on a car, the actual $$$ doesn't really matter.
Yup I feel ya...and agree! I've seen other package discounts on Fords before...I don't understand why they wouldn't do it with the Mustang :confused:

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Performance Package Dashboard

I thought we had already confirmed that this is the Performance Package dashboard. Is it the same as above, but from a different angle? Or is the picture posted above from the LE? I know this is not the dash on the LE because it is on a yellow mustang.
2015-ford-mustang-23l-ecoboost-interior-photo-598701-s-1280x782.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought we had already confirmed that this is the Performance Package dashboard. Is it the same as above, but from a different angle? Or is the picture posted above from the LE? I know this is not the dash on the LE because it is on a yellow mustang.

I thought so to but my interpretation of what Topnotch stated is that the 50'th appearance package gets the same aluminum trim as the LE with or without PP and is not the one in your picture.

Unless I'm reading it wrong.......

Sponsored

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Having seen the chrome trim on the Kona blue in Vegas,I prefer it,then again I grew up with chrome everything(including dashes) on cars. Its the wimbeldon white,Raven black interior that has me. The hard part is finding one at a dealer in Canada

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
FYI:
The Anniversary Appearance Package gets the same axel spin finish on the aluminum dash as the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition.
So if you order it w/o PP you get the look below:

If you order the PP you get the gauges and axel spin finish just like this:

Only thing one needs is to order a set of 19" x 8.5" Luster Nickel Aluminum wheels w/all weather tires as a spare set to the High Gloss Black ones PP's comes with
Hey Topnotch, I think now that the latest order guide has been released, you may have your dash theory wrong. I think JoeDog may have nailed it in this thread.

According to latest guide, 50th package gets "Axle Spun" dash and PP gets "Engine Turned". What's still not 100% clear is if you order both packages which dash you get, however

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Topnotch, I think now that the latest order guide has been released, you may have your dash theory wrong. I think JoeDog may have nailed it in this thread.

According to latest guide, 50th package gets "Axle Spun" dash and PP gets "Engine Turned". What's still not 100% clear is if you order both packages which dash you get, however

But he just showed us a picture of Axle spun dash with AND without PP. I think he's telling us the appearance package will have the same exact finnish as the LE even with the PP.

Sponsored