Sponsored

2024 Ford Mustang configurator is up, your thoughts?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Unless you order a fully,, fully loaded DH you are not going to get near $70k. You can get a base DH with Tremec, MagnaRide, & Active Exhaust for $61k and a premium car with the 700A group for $63k. Either of these cars are going to be superior to any stock GT, PP1 or PP2. All of you PP2 owners have a great car that was truly a value but itā€™s 2024 and the DH will rule.

IMG_2445.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg
To get 19 x10.5 / 19x11 wheels, you need to add the $4500 handling package which is standard on a PP2.

OK, you get a Tremec, 40 horses, a diff cooler and modern stuff. With the handling pkg, that adds up to $67,960 with nothing else otherwise you are not really comparing it to a PP2 at your prices.

do you really think there won't be dealer markup?

Either way, my sticker with every option except Recaro seats was $52K. $16K is not chump change.

Every year you get a better Mustang. Comparing a 2015 Gt to a 2019 PP2 shows improvement too. So would comparing a 2019 Gt350 to a 2015 GT.

I would expect a Dark Horse to be better. The real question is how much better is it? If it is less than 1/2 a sec quicker, who cares? Strip a car and put on lightweight rims and you can make up some of that time. Throw up to $16K at it if you really must might get you an even faster car. the reported number for the PP2 is 0-60 4.1 sec. The Dark Horse is listed at 3.8-4.0 MT. Not sure up to 0.3 sec is worth $16K.

The other thing not worth it right now is that the website is listing 7% financing for 60 month and ~$7K down. I got 0% financing for 72 month. Add in the financing and the deal really sours.

But is it really just about being faster? Not for me. I am plenty satisfied with what I have in terms of performance and speed.

I do not think the interior nor exterior improved by $16K over what I have either. A base BMW M2 Comp is just $62 and change. do we really feel the Dark horse fit and finish and performance is better than an M2 Comp? I can save $6K with a BMW and get a more refined car with the same 0-60.

All I am saying is that for what you get in the DH, it should be less.

At these prices, we are losing the younger demographic who cannot afford the car and turning this into a rich older man's car.

I prefer the everyman better.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
do you really think there won't be dealer markup?
Forum members are getting MSRP deals everyday. They are out there.

I can save $6K with a BMW and get a more refined car with the same 0-60.
If you want a BMW itā€™s a great way to go. But no BMW will ever be a Mustang.

At these prices, we are losing the younger demographic who cannot afford the car and turning this into a rich older man's car.
That train left the station a long time ago. With the average car price heading towards the $50k mark a lot of people can no longer afford a new car. There are also cheaper Mustang options. Not everyone wants the top of the line. For those that do they best be willing to pay for it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No, there are a number of folks who are getting MSRP deals. If youā€™re not willing to do your diligence then ADM could be a factor. And $25k is pure insanity. But for those who have the means and are willing to pay any amount of ADM well that is none of my business.
^^^^ Exactly.

- Some folks only look in their region online OR just at 1-3 local drive-to Dealerships

- Then we still have the group that isn't all that internet savvy, still reading paper newspapers and periodicals who are just oblivious to any possible deals.

Anyone can go onto CarGurus, Auto Trader, or a multitude of classified ad sites for new or used cars, open that search engine up to NATIONWIDE and see for themselves, there are brand new vehicles priced @ MSRP AND there is still negotiable prices at MSRP too.

All the boo-hooing in the news about "this is the worst time to buy" is purely a rusing to the negative side of the newsworld, it truly is. If anyone has common sense to look BEYOND THEIR BOX and has the slightest level of negotiation skills, EVERYONE can get a new car at MSRP or better - and definitely w/o freaking ADM fees.

No one is forcing anyone's hand to be bound to just their immediate location for new cars or that they have to pay ridiculous ADM markups or leave negotiation by the wayside.

You all work hard for your damn money, regardless of ANY of your income levels or financial status - so c'mon and think SMARTER as you already are - if the price is ridiculous DON'T buy. If there are ADM markups, DON'T buy. If more and more people would just do this, the Dealers will get the vibe and prices will HAVE to be adjusted. For every day a new car sits on a lot, it's costing them major $$$ and it becomes a liability.

I don't get the mentality that just because a new model comes out, that folks HAVE to run out and get it - like there isn't going to be THOUSANDS of the same model with different packages available, like production is coming to an abrupt ending forever, that there will never be that same vehicle to buy used, and most importantly, like there's absolutely no way to get a great deal...

Hell, even with the "Limited Editions" being produced by Ford and other vehicle manufacturers now - these are not in the true sense "limited" at all, far from it. Limited isn't producing a 6-year run of the same vehicle and well over 100k units. Oh, yea, it's limited alright because it has a Certificate saying so, I'll give ya that... But it's no more limited at that production count as is the standard cookie cut models coming off the same production line next to it. It's "limited" because of its original price point being sometimes quite a bit higher than its sister model next to it, which puts it in a higher bracket for someone either being able to get it or NOT get it due to their financials. I mean, let's cut the BS already. Ford USED to produce true Limited Editions where total count was under 10k, or even 6k in a given year and that model ceased production in 1.5 years (or less). Out of the S550's the LE 50th Anniversary with only a count of 1,964 is TRULY Limited. No offense here with this next statement, but a Bullitt, Mach 1 or Shelby GT350 where prod counts are absolutely silly and saturate the market - those are called gimmicks - they reel in folks because of the fact they are advertised as "limited editions", there's a badge number, there's a certificate, there's a gimmicky Cracker Jack toy with an owners kit supplement, and the nomenclature of it being "limited".

The Dark Horse won't be any more "limited" than a freaking regular GT that comes off the same line - because Ford is going to mass produce it, just like they have been with the Bullitt, the Mach 1 and Shelby's. Yes, these niche vehicles will have higher price points both new and used. HOWEVER, as I stated above - no one, absolutely no one has to pay an overstated, exorbitant, ridiculous markup just because it's a brand new model -chill folks, there's going to be plenty...

and if you can't get it new - let the first owner pay that ridiculous amount and take the 20% depreciation hit, then come in and buy it used for far less... nothing wrong with buying used and again there will be plenty of them....

One more thing, regarding negotiation;
Don't reveal all your cards.

This means IF you have a trade in, do NOT reveal that you do OR that you are going to use it in your purchase. Work the Salesperson, Store Mgr and the Finance Mgr to the absolute best price that YOU are happy with... After you get that price in writing, THEN spring on them that you will be trading in your vehicle. At this point, you've royally screwed them, because now your trade will reduce their profit margin as well as the taxes to be paid. They can't go back on their deal and now they have to try and give you best price for the trade...

Also, don't let the Dealer add on or pay for snake oil shit like:
  • Pinstripes for $500 (pinstripe cost less than $15 a spool and about 1 hour labor)
  • Carpet/Leather/Upholstery protectant for $500+. If you can't see it and they can't prove it was definitely applied, it's a scam)
  • Armor All Paint Protectant (fake ceramic BS). No way, no how - again if they can't prove it was applied and you didn't see the actual product being applied, it's a sham.
  • Window Etching - most Ins. Co.'s today don't care if the windows were etched with the VIN, and most thieves already know don't include any glass when selling stolen body parts. So this "add-on" fee for window etching is a sham - and many new vehicles come with some type of NAV or GPS traceability.
  • Registration Transfer Fees for $400+. If you're in a State where you can transfer your existing License Plates it makes no sense to pay $400+. Tell the Dealer you're keeping your existing plates and that $400 should drop to like $0.00 OR at the bare minimum, $100/$150 which is a doc fee. Don't let Dealers rip you off with this tactic!!!

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I donā€™t really know if thereā€™s any extra retail ā€œvalueā€ in the PP2 package. I havenā€™t checked, and I really donā€™t care. I do consider it a pretty unique Mustang package that delivers a lot for the price I paid. It was a fairly short run package introduced late in MY18 and ending in MY20. I live in a fairly large midwestern city. Other than one 2019 PP2 that I saw on a dealer lot, I have not seen another PP2 in the wild in five years. Iā€™ve seen plenty of GT350ā€™s and Mach 1ā€™s, so that tells me right there, it is somewhat unique. I have always wondered what production numbers were for the PP2. I have read a few different sources that claim it was in the area of 1500 in 2018, but thatā€™s all Iā€™ve seen. I just turned 60 and Iā€™m definitely old school. I like the analog gauges and simplicity of the interior of my 2018. Based on what I am seeing in the new G7 Mustangs, I prefer the exterior and interior looks of the G6 much better. If it came right down to it, I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™d trade even up for a DH even with my car being worth probably half of the DH. A Mach 1 on the other hand, Iā€™m pretty sure I would even with the digital dash as long as it had the HP. Sticking gimmicky electronics and laptop computers in the dash is just not my thing. I bought this car to drive it and enjoy it, and it delivers exceptionally on both of those. The fact that it is a little unique is just a bonus.

Last edited:

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
^^^^ Exactly.

- Some folks only look in their region online OR just at 1-3 local drive-to Dealerships

- Then we still have the group that isn't all that internet savvy, still reading paper newspapers and periodicals who are just oblivious to any possible deals.

Anyone can go onto CarGurus, Auto Trader, or a multitude of classified ad sites for new or used cars, open that search engine up to NATIONWIDE and see for themselves, there are brand new vehicles priced @ MSRP AND there is still negotiable prices at MSRP too.

All the boo-hooing in the news about "this is the worst time to buy" is purely a rusing to the negative side of the newsworld, it truly is. If anyone has common sense to look BEYOND THEIR BOX and has the slightest level of negotiation skills, EVERYONE can get a new car at MSRP or better - and definitely w/o freaking ADM fees.

No one is forcing anyone's hand to be bound to just their immediate location for new cars or that they have to pay ridiculous ADM markups or leave negotiation by the wayside.

You all work hard for your damn money, regardless of ANY of your income levels or financial status - so c'mon and think SMARTER as you already are - if the price is ridiculous DON'T buy. If there are ADM markups, DON'T buy. If more and more people would just do this, the Dealers will get the vibe and prices will HAVE to be adjusted. For every day a new car sits on a lot, it's costing them major $$$ and it becomes a liability.

I don't get the mentality that just because a new model comes out, that folks HAVE to run out and get it - like there isn't going to be THOUSANDS of the same model with different packages available, like production is coming to an abrupt ending forever, that there will never be that same vehicle to buy used, and most importantly, like there's absolutely no way to get a great deal...

Hell, even with the "Limited Editions" being produced by Ford and other vehicle manufacturers now - these are not in the true sense "limited" at all, far from it. Limited isn't producing a 6-year run of the same vehicle and well over 100k units. Oh, yea, it's limited alright because it has a Certificate saying so, I'll give ya that... But it's no more limited at that production count as is the standard cookie cut models coming off the same production line next to it. It's "limited" because of its original price point being sometimes quite a bit higher than its sister model next to it, which puts it in a higher bracket for someone either being able to get it or NOT get it due to their financials. I mean, let's cut the BS already. Ford USED to produce true Limited Editions where total count was under 10k, or even 6k in a given year and that model ceased production in 1.5 years (or less). Out of the S550's the LE 50th Anniversary with only a count of 1,964 is TRULY Limited. No offense here with this next statement, but a Bullitt, Mach 1 or Shelby GT350 where prod counts are absolutely silly and saturate the market - those are called gimmicks - they reel in folks because of the fact they are advertised as "limited editions", there's a badge number, there's a certificate, there's a gimmicky Cracker Jack toy with an owners kit supplement, and the nomenclature of it being "limited".

The Dark Horse won't be any more "limited" than a freaking regular GT that comes off the same line - because Ford is going to mass produce it, just like they have been with the Bullitt, the Mach 1 and Shelby's. Yes, these niche vehicles will have higher price points both new and used. HOWEVER, as I stated above - no one, absolutely no one has to pay an overstated, exorbitant, ridiculous markup just because it's a brand new model -chill folks, there's going to be plenty...

and if you can't get it new - let the first owner pay that ridiculous amount and take the 20% depreciation hit, then come in and buy it used for far less... nothing wrong with buying used and again there will be plenty of them....

One more thing, regarding negotiation;
Don't reveal all your cards.

This means IF you have a trade in, do NOT reveal that you do OR that you are going to use it in your purchase. Work the Salesperson, Store Mgr and the Finance Mgr to the absolute best price that YOU are happy with... After you get that price in writing, THEN spring on them that you will be trading in your vehicle. At this point, you've royally screwed them, because now your trade will reduce their profit margin as well as the taxes to be paid. They can't go back on their deal and now they have to try and give you best price for the trade...

Also, don't let the Dealer add on or pay for snake oil shit like:
  • Pinstripes for $500 (pinstripe cost less than $15 a spool and about 1 hour labor)
  • Carpet/Leather/Upholstery protectant for $500+. If you can't see it and they can't prove it was definitely applied, it's a scam)
  • Armor All Paint Protectant (fake ceramic BS). No way, no how - again if they can't prove it was applied and you didn't see the actual product being applied, it's a sham.
  • Window Etching - most Ins. Co.'s today don't care if the windows were etched with the VIN, and most thieves already know don't include any glass when selling stolen body parts. So this "add-on" fee for window etching is a sham - and many new vehicles come with some type of NAV or GPS traceability.
  • Registration Transfer Fees for $400+. If you're in a State where you can transfer your existing License Plates it makes no sense to pay $400+. Tell the Dealer you're keeping your existing plates and that $400 should drop to like $0.00 OR at the bare minimum, $100/$150 which is a doc fee. Don't let Dealers rip you off with this tactic!!!
Hi - Youā€™ve provided a lot of useful information, but I donā€™t recall Ford calling my ā€˜19 Bullitt a Limited Edition. They might have said Special Edition. Given that it was only available with a manual tranny I speculated that they wouldnā€™t produce a ton of them, but I bought it because I wanted it, period. My understanding was they would produce enough to meet orders along with extra production for dealer requests. I heard there were around 12 to 14,000 produced but I think that was worldwide. The Bullitt Forum has participants from a number of counties. I donā€™t know how many were sold in the U.S., but I do know in my area spotting another Bullitt is a rare occurrence. I would actually enjoy meeting some other local Bullitt owners to see if theyā€™re as strange as me. As you know resale value can often be related to scarcity and condition. At my age (81) resale value probably wonā€™t be an issue anyway - at least not for me. One of the grandkids might want it. Unless youā€™re talking Ford GT or Bugatti, our reason for buying a sporty car is normally because we are attracted to it for whatever reason. Itā€™s a shot in the dark to buy a mass produced car with the thought of making a profit some dayā€¦ Bruce

P.S. Folks who wanted more scarcity could buy a black modelā€¦

Addendum 4/6 - I found the numbers. Approx. #s - 5,000 sold in U.S. with 4,300 green and 700 black. That explains why I rarely see another Bullitt.

Last edited:

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
do we really feel the Dark horse fit and finish and performance is better than an M2 Comp? I can save $6K with a BMW and get a more refined car with the same 0-60.
That car is
a) ugly as shit
b) sounds terrible
c) posermobile for the tiktokers with the design they threw up on it
d) BMW maintenance costs (over 4.5k in standard maintenance the first 3 years per the manual)
e) there is no comparison when it's a solid V8 like the Mustang vs not a V8
f) piped in fake engine noise
g) short squat wheelbase makes it look stumpy and not very pretty
h) heavy as a pig

I had a M235. Great car. A better "vehicle" than a Mustang in almost every way. After owning one, I'd take the Mustang GT any day of the week from now 'til eternity.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
If you can find an M2 comp I would get it. I love mine.

That car is
a) ugly as shit (Debatable many including myself love the looks.)
b) sounds terrible (It does. Its no V8)
c) posermobile for the tiktokers with the design they threw up on it (ok 3rd grade. I don't even know what this means. )
d) BMW maintenance costs (over 4.5k in standard maintenance the first 3 years per the manual) (I've had mine 2 years and spent 0 on maintenance.)
e) there is no comparison when it's a solid V8 like the Mustang vs not a V8 ( True for the sound)
f) piped in fake engine noise (Mustang has it also)
g) short squat wheelbase makes it look stumpy and not very pretty (makes it a ton of fun to toss around in corners)
h) heavy as a pig (weighs less than mustang by over 100 lbs)

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
The M2 is superb. I agree with blitzburgh but availability is a factor for German cars right now unfortunately. I had an order for a manual Golf R that was canceled - the 23 GT I bought was just siting at a local lot collecting dust.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
h) heavy as a pig (weighs less than mustang by over 100 lbs)
100lbs hardly rates notice though. With Mustang's archaic construction the BMW should be 300lbs lighter or more.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The M2 is superb. I agree with blitzburgh but availability is a factor for German cars right now unfortunately. I had an order for a manual Golf R that was canceled - the 23 GT I bought was just siting at a local lot collecting dust.
A Golf R starts........STARTS.......at $45K!!!!!

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

But that ain't nuthin' compared to the.......ahem......$62K starting point for an M2.

That's ridiculous.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C

But that ain't nuthin' compared to the.......ahem......$62K starting point for an M2.

That's ridiculous.
I paid 58k for my 2021 M2C . No issue with the price its an amazing car.

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport

That's ridiculous.
I bet their hoods don't flail around like an inflatable dancing man when they go past 80mph though! lol

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I bet their hoods don't flail around like an inflatable dancing man when they go past 80mph though! lol
I know someone that got a Golf R. A young mechanic. Dreamed of one since he was a teenager. Bought it brand new.

It was lemon-lawed back to VW I believe. Had so many issues it was amazing.

BLackPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 2
ADM 25,000
I didn't think about getting a base Dark Horse. Does the 700a package included premium Sound system. What about Leather seats, and Active exhaust. Ummm, something to think about. Thanks
Sponsored