Not open for further replies.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I take this with a grain of salt the s197 was around for a decade before the s550 came out. I don't see ford changing to a 7th gen so soon especially when this on is selling so well.

Also it's 2016, shouldn't we focus more time on the 2018 changes and not the 2021 2 or 3 model?
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The S197 lived in a world of it's own for half of it's life. Then when the Camaro came back Ford instantly starting working on the S550.

My guess is the new Mustang will be an evolution of the S550.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The S197 was around for so long for a particular set of reasons: the economy went to hell right around the time a typical new generation would come out, and Ford had already begun the thinning out process/mortgaging itself in 2006 - there wasn't a capital budget to support a hugely new car of this sort. None of the automakers were doing well in 2008-2009, but Ford had done enough to keep most of its products afloat. The 2010+ refresh was the most they could do.

I'm looking forward to seeing the S650, but will be keeping my S550 for a very long time :)

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
The spin machine over on Camaro6 is already going..implying the Gen 7 getting moved up is a result of the Camaro

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442865

Yep...your sales turd of a car is the reason why Ford is bringing the next generation to market faster. GM can't even fully paint their cars (out of their "state of the art" lansing grand river plant)...but the Camaro forced a generation change.

With the brand new car on sale..the Generation 5 Camaro outsold the new car (Feb 15 to Feb 16)...but the Camaro is the reason the Mustang is moving up.

It must be a nice little happy land of circle jerking to be a Gen 6 Camaro owner these days..I wouldn't be part of that community if you paid me.
That's funny cause as I look out over the parking lot across the street I see 3 Gen 5 Mustangs and out in the front of my building there are 3 more, 2 gen 5s and a S550, for a total of 6. Meanwhile there is one lonely Camaro in a parking lot around the corner...

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The spin machine over on Camaro6 is already going..implying the Gen 7 getting moved up is a result of the Camaro

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442865

Yep...your sales turd of a car is the reason why Ford is bringing the next generation to market faster. GM can't even fully paint their cars (out of their "state of the art" lansing grand river plant)...but the Camaro forced a generation change.

With the brand new car on sale..the Generation 5 Camaro outsold the new car (Feb 15 to Feb 16)...but the Camaro is the reason the Mustang is moving up.

It must be a nice little happy land of circle jerking to be a Gen 6 Camaro owner these days..I wouldn't be part of that community if you paid me.
That is probably true. There's a real need for Mustang to drop weight.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'd love for the 7G to get closer to the original Mustang's dimensions. Would make it so much lighter and more fuel efficient. And then it could still be fast with a smaller V8 without having to add turbos.

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Lectric. Gunna be Lectric

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...s-0-to-60-mph-under-2-seconds-targets-200-mph

I will order it from Amazon Motors and a drone will drop it on my doorstep two hours after I order it telepathically.
^^^ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe we could see the Mustang move to an even more sporty attitude, drop the rear seats make it a true 2 seater coupe. This would allow for a smaller overall car like the original mustangs were. As for the V6 vs V8 debate, I think the V8s will just a "premium" option and cost much more. I think we will see the GT move to an Ecoboost V6 platform. I love the sound of a V8 and if indeed they move to a V6 GT I will never let my '15 GT go.

Buzzard Bait

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I hope they go full 1965 retro with the body style but update everything else. :D

Sponsored

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
It seems it was just the other day they broke pics of the S550. It was painful awaiting for news. I can't do that again. I can't do that again. I can't do that again....:frusty:

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I hope they go full 1965 retro with the body style but update everything else. :D
I think full 1967-68 styling would be better. But I wouldn't say no to a smaller version of the '71-73 styling. :headbang:

Buzzard Bait

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think full 1967-68 styling would be better. But I wouldn't say no to a smaller version of the '71-73 styling. :headbang:
I could deal with that too! :thumbsup:

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Now, can we all send positive V8 vibes to the '21MY team? Whilst I'd welcome some form of Ecoboost 6, I still want to see a V8 in the next-gen Mustang :ford:
Amen.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I really don't know why everyone has a hard on for the end of the V8, whether they want to see it gone or are afraid of it. The Coyote left direct injection on the table for one. Displacement on demand, despite everyone hating it. Here's an idea, go smaller displacement with similar output. My point being there are plenty of ways Ford can keep the V8 on a standard Mustang as an option. Remember, the requirements are by FLEET, not per model. I also believe the style of car, its classification, can have a say in how it impacts the manufacturers EPA requirements. Automotive manufacturers get too much from performance cars to have not lobbied against something that was going to wipe them out, and I'd bet dimes to dollars Ford and GM wouldn't sit idle and be forced to axe the classic American V8.
I remember 1973,ALL muscle cars got NETURED overnight,and all the outrage did nothing. don"t bet any dimes or dollars,history will repeate,by by V8 glad I got mine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.