2021 Mach 1 - dissatisfied - i need help

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Actually you're right about this. Big corporate has a money and lawyers all day. I probably would only win a headache.
They could also settle out of court to shut you up. Probably pennies to them but could be good for you
Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
I can't lie. I wish I was more of a self handyman than I am. But I'm not. But I've learned so much about not trusting dealers after this whole ordeal. And I definitely need to find a mechanic I trust. And you're right about one thing. I'm pretty sure my car will never be the same again.
Seriously......YouTube. So many excellent videos there that cover really anything you need to do to the S550 platform. Oil/fluid changes, tire rotations, spark plug changes, anything to do with brakes, and so on. Cars seem intimidating and complicated, but really most of the routine maintenance is stupid easy with the right video and tools.

Example.....my wife's Jeep Wrangler needed brake pads and fluid swap. Dealer quoted over $1k and wanted to keep it several days. I spent maybe $250 on pads, fluid, and caliper compression tool. Took me about an hour to do all 4.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Iā€™m on the boat for offloading this particular vehicle in favor of getting another one if you can get a good ROI. I love my Mach 1 and Iā€™m planning on keeping it. I wouldnā€™t want to be haunted by this issue down the road. However if the loss you will incur is more than the cost of a new transmission/ extended warranty, I would push for more repairs. Please post a video or a recording of the sound if you can. All the best to you as you navigate this dilemma.

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Seriously......YouTube. So many excellent videos there that cover really anything you need to do to the S550 platform. Oil/fluid changes, tire rotations, spark plug changes, anything to do with brakes, and so on. Cars seem intimidating and complicated, but really most of the routine maintenance is stupid easy with the right video and tools.

Example.....my wife's Jeep Wrangler needed brake pads and fluid swap. Dealer quoted over $1k and wanted to keep it several days. I spent maybe $250 on pads, fluid, and caliper compression tool. Took me about an hour to do all 4.
No joke on you tube...great stuff and takes you to the top of the Pyramid of Intellect

1000000340.jpg

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
based on your trans issues File a lemon law suit, wont cost you a dime. info for filing is actually in the ack of the manual or at least it used to be, havent checked lately

Sponsored

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
It sounds hokey but filing a complaint about the dealer with the Better Business Bureau has helped me with a few things. NO company wants that mark on their reputation, even if they aren't a member. Its free to do right on the website.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Hey everybody. It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been through many ups and downs and things have been hard, but some things have been good as well. I've owned my mach 1 for 2 years and 8 months.

I actually really enjoyed driving this car, but due to Ford Dealerships around me, I'm very disappointed in owning this car.

To start, let me say. I have about 8.8k miles on the car. Yes, about 3k miles per year. I have never tracked the car, although I planned on it at one point, but now I'm just scared of breaking the car, since it already has issues.

First of all. The transmission from the gate was faulty. I took the car to Ford at less than 1000 miles because it was jerky when shifting. I actually made a post post one one of these threads about it 2 years ago. Ford said the transmission was running normally when I first took it I'm. And that it was jerky because the 10r80 was learning how I drive, and would learn to shift better. It never did, it only got worse. The transmission was replaced under warranty around 7.8k miles or something like that (going off the top of my head)

The transmission was just replaced in December 2023 by what I'm going to call dealership #2

In September 2023, I was having my closer dealership #1 service my car for routine inspection and oil change. They dropped my car off of the lift! They even told me they dropped my car off the lift when they were trying to rotate my tires. They cracked the front splitter and replaced it for free. And my car all of the sudden had scuffs on the rims, that it never had before, and Ford said there was 100% NO CHANCE that they caused those scuffs on my rims. Even though it was the first thing I saw on thr car after they told me they dropped it off the lift. They wouldn't take responsibility for it. I called corporate and made a case number. In the end, I had damaged rims and no one would take responsibility.

Ever since Ford dealership #1 dropped my car off of the lift, there is a rattle that comes from under the hood during heavy acceleration. This rattle NEVER EXISTED, for the first 7k miles. Now all of the sudden I have this rattle.

I didn't want dealership #1 working on my car after dropping it, that's when I started going to dealership#2 I took it in for service in November 2023 (they were booked out in october)

I took it in to have it examined for the rattle noise, and the still continuous jerkiness while shifting. They claimed they couldn't hear the rattle, but the jerkiness was the faulty transmission, and they replaced it. Now I get my car back in December 2023. Now it has the rattle (which has continuously been getting worse) and now has a new problem. A transmission whine/whistle that was present on day 1 of me getting the car back. I return the car to Ford again to complain about the whistle. The service tech test drove the car and told the representative I was dealing with, that these are normal mustang operating sounds, and that there is no concern. Idk how a rattle that magically showed up after Ford dropping my car is a normal operating sound. They just don't want to service my car. And they said the transmission whine is normal too. It's b.s. I'm 99% sure it's low transmission fluid. As now I've had the car back for 4 month, and the whine is getting louder, the rattle is getting louder., and Ford refuses to due anything for my cars. The reason I think it's low transmission fluid? I've had the car back for 4 months. When I first got it back. It was the SMOOTHEST the car ever shifted. It was amazing. It was like a brand new car, it felt so much better.. and now with 4 months of this transmission whine they refuse to fix, the transmission is getting jerky again, just like before. I have 4 months left of warranty, and I'm having really bad anxiety about even owning this car anymore. It's so sad. I know as soon as my warranty is up, this car is going to shit its pants on me, and leave me with a massive amount of mechanical bills. What do I do?

And these noises my car is making aren't subtle. Every single passenger I have can tell something is wrong with my car, and ford's technicians are all saying it's normal. What do I do?
Like someone already asked, would you define ā€œdropped?ā€. A service lift contacts the car at 4 points. Iā€™m trying to imagine a car being dropped unless the lift suddenly lost all the compressed air. If it happened during a tire rotation as you say, the tires would only have been a few inches of the ground. If thatā€™s the case damage should be limited to slight cosmetic like the front dam area you mentioned. In any case, the dealer should make it right.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
dropping your car could have caused anything. Ford should buy your car back.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Have you contacted your insurance company about the damage caused by the dealer dropping the car? If any of your policies apply to that damage, getting the car fixed should be fairly straightforward and any money out of your pocket would be returned once your insurance suborgates the claim through the dealer's insurance.

This point is moot if the timeframe your policies outline have expired...

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Actually you're right about this. Big corporate has a money and lawyers all day. I probably would only win a headache.
Isn't Ford constantly telling us the dealers are their own "entity".
Like if dealer "A" messes up your car on warrantee work, Ford won't
pay for a different dealer to fix it, claiming the dealers are "independent"
shops.

Point is, you would be suing the dealer for the damage, not Ford direct.
Ford Corporate might want nothing to do with that (or their lawyers)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Post a video of the rattle. If you can plainly hear it I don't see why we can't. May have to get creative with mic/phone placement but it would interesting to get arm chair QBs opinion on the rattle and others with automatic Mach 1s could compare. It could be totally normal (unfortunately). For instance, many of the S550s develop BBQ tick and 2k rattle. Happens and is a known "feature".
I've tried recording it. It's hard to hear over the exhaust. Even on quiet mode, because the rattle only happens in the higher RPM range. I feel like I'd have to have someone sitting on the hood while I drive to try to record it. And it doesn't ALWAYS do it, which frustrates the shit out of me. Because i feel like I know when I'm trying to record it. And on the days it's really bad, I don't always feel safe enough to try to record it while driving in traffic. I've tried a few times. It hasn't been easy. Maybe if I just tape my phone to the hood I can get it.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys sorry I haven't been responding. I just finished moving and now I'm about to go on a little vacation foe my 1 year anniversary with the old lady. I'll be on Thursday to respond more. I'm at work right now and might reply to a few more responses in my next break. Thank you for the help everyone.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Like someone already asked, would you define ā€œdropped?ā€. A service lift contacts the car at 4 points. Iā€™m trying to imagine a car being dropped unless the lift suddenly lost all the compressed air. If it happened during a tire rotation as you say, the tires would only have been a few inches of the ground. If thatā€™s the case damage should be limited to slight cosmetic like the front dam area you mentioned. In any case, the dealer should make it right.
I really can't define the drop. And that is my own fault and a regret I have. I should have pressed them for more information about it. I never asked how high it was dropped from, or anything. A really stupid move on my part, but at the time I was overwhelmed with too much stuff and I just needed the car back. And I was hoping the case I made with Ford corporate about them damaging the car would result in them doing something. But it never came around, and i should have pressed them more at the time. Many mistakes were made on my part, like not getting a lawyer or getting anything in writing about them dropping it. The only thing I did was call corporate the same say since they damage my rims on the drop and refused to accept that they damaged them, even though they damage my front splitter on the drop. Corporate never cared about the rims and they never got fixed. I'm about to spend a lengthy time on the phone with them on Thursday. I called the 2nd dealer again about the transmission whine. They're booked out til June 19th. My warranty is up in July. I'm just stressed with this shit show of a mess, but I know I'm partially to blame for the stress im dealing with for not dealing with this quicker and pressing ford harder about it. So I'm causing some of my stress for sure.
Sponsored