Sponsored

2018 Mustang Price List (MSRP/Invoice): EB Starts at $25,585, GT at $35,095

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Hold-back is an amount of money the manufacturer rebates back to the dealer for each unit sold. Ford, I believe is 3% of MSRP. Each manufacturer has their own program... some have no hold-back. This is how dealers advertise deals like "$500 below invoice!"....mostly a marketing gimmick.

Interesting you say your dealer is working a 0% interest deal on a '18 Mustang order....I have never seen 0% that wasn't a factory promotion. No bank is going to loan money at 0%. Manufacturers are able to do it because they are the bank...in that case.
Ok so a Dealer Invoice with (10%) Holdback of, say, $40,000 means that the dealer actually paid only $36,000 for the car?

Also, as far as the zero percent, it was something about placing the order for a 2017 (which I believe you can't special order for much longer), and then the incentive being honored for the 2018. Like I said, I am waiting until I see the actual contract to believe it. I'll post details as soon as I find out. I am miltiary serving overseas, but I don't believe that 0% is any part of a military benefit. I think that benefit is only $500 Military Appreciation or something like that.

marco
Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
If you build an ecoboost automatic premium, you can add every single option item on the list including pp & Magneride . That includes the leather Recaros. The car comes in just under 44K. Thats alot for that price. Add 10k on to that for a comparable imported 4 cylinder sports car . The bargain is the Mustang. Thats a inline 4 turbo mustang with V8 hp numbers from 2009 S197. The inline will never be an 8 , yet what it brings to the table is compelling. 310/350. In the next model year that 310 goes up , my guess to 320/25hp. There is no v6 in the line up now . There is alot of savings in opting for the 2018 ecoboost. It is still a quick Mustang. Just my 2 cents.:bolt:

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Add the inevitable ford performance tune and intercooler you likely have a mid 4 to upper 4 second 4 banger.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Mustang

Looks like I'll be keeping my 15 Premium. The price just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm alright with it. I love my car. :headbang::headbang::headbang:
I just purchased my 2017 and its just got little over 500 miles.
Love the car, just thinking ahead I would only like to add headers, bola touring catback, Ford Performance Pack 2 and I think I will be good until the S650 model comes out. Seriously this car is a beast, love the power and handling and the looks are not bad either. If I was 20 years younger and single could have seen myself picking up some serious babes in this car. :D

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My bet in '19 is that in an effort to sell as many S550 as possible they include Magride in the PP and that the digital gauges are standard in both 400a and 401a...they seemed to do this with the GT350.

Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
SMH Ford needs to bring that price down i could buy a damn 03 Terminator and a project car for that much then have money left over

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
This is Ford's attempt to slowly phase out the V8s. They are basically trying to price it out of the market so the EcoBoost can become the most logical choice for buyers. Eventually, the GT will go away and be replaced by a more powerful EcoBoost variant. V8s will only exist in the upper markets and exclusive to the high performance Shelby variants.

So it goes: Regular EcoBoost (taking the place of the V6) > EcoBoost ST or whatever they call it > Shelbys.

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
This is Ford's attempt to slowly phase out the V8s. They are basically trying to price it out of the market so the EcoBoost can become the most logical choice for buyers. Eventually, the GT will go away and be replaced by a more powerful EcoBoost variant. V8s will only exist in the upper markets and exclusive to the high performance Shelby variants.

So it goes: Regular EcoBoost (taking the place of the V6) > EcoBoost ST or whatever they call it > Shelbys.
If you think that's bad .... the poor English and French car lover will not hear the the sound of ANY petrol powered PONY from 2040 onward, as a new car !! How bad is that ??!!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ok so a Dealer Invoice with (10%) Holdback of, say, $40,000 means that the dealer actually paid only $36,000 for the car?
Exactly. There's some accounting trickery between Ford Motor Company and the dealer with invoicing and re-embursement when a car gets sold, but the total margin for the dealer is at least 10% and that goes further up depending on how many units they sell per quarter. Obviously dealers prefer for you not to know about their margins and this is why the car industry invented the 'dealer invoice price', which is nothing more than a decoy and has absolutely nothing to do with the actual nett cost price for the dealer. It's not just Ford doing this btw, it's standard practice with all car brands in the US.

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250

You are smoking some serious dope if you got all of that from a price hike so tell me how is my Nike & pennzoil stock going to do Monday ?:lol:

Sponsored

MisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT coupe, race red, 6AT
Damn! $35k for a base model V8. Why was I really hoping it was going to be like $30k?
You know you're poor when a $5k difference is enough to make a difference LOL!!!
In 1997, the Mustang GT was only $18,000. This is almost double the price in 20 years. That's crazy.

By comparison, a Lexus ES has only gone up 28% in the past 20 years, and the Mercedes C-Class only 32%.

I think Ford are just ripping off customers. I noticed that the F-150 is also 64% more than it was 20 years ago ($35,390 for a F-150 XLT Super today, vs $21,390 in 1997).

AGM2018

If you build an ecoboost automatic premium, you can add every single option item on the list including pp & Magneride . That includes the leather Recaros. The car comes in just under 44K. Thats alot for that price. Add 10k on to that for a comparable imported 4 cylinder sports car . The bargain is the Mustang. Thats a inline 4 turbo mustang with V8 hp numbers from 2009 S197. The inline will never be an 8 , yet what it brings to the table is compelling. 310/350. In the next model year that 310 goes up , my guess to 320/25hp. There is no v6 in the line up now . There is alot of savings in opting for the 2018 ecoboost. It is still a quick Mustang. Just my 2 cents.:bolt:
I agree 100%! I have been waiting for the 18 model year prices to come out...and WOW! I was surprised (maybe I was naive?) in the price increase of the GT. I wanted (badly) to purchase a GT in 2015 BUT, I wanted the PP with an automatic...and I didn't want to purchase a fully loaded 50th Anniversary edition, which was the only way (to my knowledge) to get the PP with an automatic. I test drove a 2015 EB with an automatic and the PP; I enjoyed how it "felt" lighter and more nimble than the GT but, I didn't like the way it sounded (objective, I know), the power drop off at high RPMs and the fact that I knew from researching the performance of the stock intercooler, it would have to be replaced and the fact that the early built "Spain motors" were problematic, sometimes even if owners weren't modifying them.

However, in the three years since then, the EB has kinda "grown" on me. My brother's company vehicle (Ford Edge) has an EB motor in it...and it has performed very well for him...in the dry, hot heat of Arizona no less. He has driven over 100,000 trouble-free miles (with scheduled maintenance, of course) on the Edge in a little over three years time. I now have an awesome daily driver (16 Maxima SE...GREAT daily car, with a bit of "punch" to it!) and I want a Mustang again. I told myself that when (and I speculated correctly that it would be in this refresh year of 18) Ford offered the GT with an automatic and PP, I would purchase it. However, the price of the GT compared to the EB is quite a price jump! Configured as I would order them:

GT BASE: X PLAN: $41,795 INVOICE: $40,750
GT PREM: X PLAN: $44,798 INVOICE: $43,765

EB BASE X PLAN: $31,679 INVOICE: $30,594
EB PREM X PLAN: $35,383 INVOICE: $34,312

I realize that one has to "Pay to Play", if they wish to "play" with the GT. But, the price increase for the 18's, in my opinion, is just too much for the GT. As a comparison, I almost "pulled the trigger" on ordering a 2017 Ingot Silver GT, with automatic, Black Out Package, 3.55's, Premium Seating, Navigation, Rear Sensor, Enhanced Security Package, Navigation and Spare Tire. The Invoice on this build was: $40,044.80. My final Out-The-Door and On-The-Road price from Koons (Sterling, VA location) with all taxes/fees included was: $39,500.

The mustang will be my weekend car and an occasional weekday driver but, mostly used for weekend "cruising", trips and just good ole' driving fun. This described usage in and of itself "screams to me" BUY THE GT! But the EB provides so much value at it price point than the GT...and yes, I know it won't ever be as "cool", as fast or have anywhere near the "rumble" of the GT...that is is hard for me to justify spending around 43K for a GT Base (with all taxes and fees added it), when I may purchase a EB Base for around 34K (again, with all taxes and fees added it). Purchase a $500 intercooler and a good OTS tune from Ford Racing (hopefully in the next year they may offer one for the 18EB) and the 18EB will be in the same "zip code" as the stock 15-17 automatic non PP GT's, in terms of 0 - 60 times and quarter mile times, with better overall handling (due to the EB's lighter weight and PP) than the stock non PP 15-17 automatic GT's.

My only "concern" is if the EB will be reliable for 150,000 miles and if the turbo four will "satisfy" my desire for a Mustang, since all but one of my 'Stangs (65 inline six) has been a V-8. I stated above what I did and didn't like about the 15-17 GT's and EB's when I test drove both (on three different occasions). If the new 18 GT PP with the automatic has remedied the "heavy feeling (Seat-Of-The-Pants feel...15 "felt" really heavy and "lethargic" below 3500 RPM's...maybe the new 18 GT won't "feel" this way?) of the 15 non-PP GT...I am going to have a very difficult decision to make: "pony up" the dinero for the 18GT PP with the automatic or save the "dinero" and buy the EB. Advice? Opinions? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
In 1997, the Mustang GT was only $18,000. This is almost double the price in 20 years. That's crazy.

By comparison, a Lexus ES has only gone up 28% in the past 20 years, and the Mercedes C-Class only 32%.

I think Ford are just ripping off customers. I noticed that the F-150 is also 64% more than it was 20 years ago ($35,390 for a F-150 XLT Super today, vs $21,390 in 1997).
In 1989 the mustang GT was only $12,000. In 8 short years the price of the mustang shot up 50%....and what did you have to show for it? A heavier, slower mustang with an inferior engine (less HP and TQ).

I'm sorry, the quality of mustangs in the mid 1990's was terrible. Having owned several the interior was pathetic. Every single door cup eventually broke loose and felt as if they were slowly degrading into mush. In comparison, the interior and exterior quality of the Lexus and Mercedes was WORLDS better.

Higher quality materials cost money. The coyote engine costs a serious chunk of change. That IRS, better brakes, better cooling...better everything cost money. Those extra airbags, more robust chassis and aluminum components cost money.

The fact of the matter is, the mustang was so cheap because it was stupid simple.

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
You are smoking some serious dope if you got all of that from a price hike so tell me how is my Nike & pennzoil stock going to do Monday ?:lol:
It's a logical conclusion if you look at the bigger picture and know a bit about the law of supply and demand. The EcoBoost will be the sensible choice for most buyers in 2018 considering its price, and considering that the V6 has been discontinued. You are getting close to the price of a base GT350 with a fully optioned out GT, and most people would just go for the GT350 at that point. When demand goes down, it only gives Ford more reasons to phase out the V8s. It'd get to a point where having the GT in the line up no longer make sense.

MisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT coupe, race red, 6AT
It's a logical conclusion if you look at the bigger picture and know a bit about the law of supply and demand. The EcoBoost will be the sensible choice for most buyers in 2018 considering its price, and considering that the V6 has been discontinued. You are getting close to the price of a base GT350 with a fully optioned out GT, and most people would just go for the GT350 at that point. When demand goes down, it only gives Ford more reasons to phase out the V8s. It'd get to a point where having the GT in the line up no longer make sense.
Here in Australia 90% of buyers choose the GT. If you discontinued it, you'd basically kill the Mustang here.

By the way, Australia is now the number 2 market in the world for the Mustang - even ahead of Canada (which has a much larger population).
Sponsored