Sponsored

2018 Mustang Price List (MSRP/Invoice): EB Starts at $25,585, GT at $35,095

brb08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Looks like I'll be keeping my 15 Premium. The price just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm alright with it. I love my car. :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I've been watching mustang prices obsessively now for a few months.

A 2017 GT in non-premium color w/ Performance Pack can be had (brand new) for around 32,500. That's about 5,000 below sticker.

A 2018 GT in non-premium color w/ performance pack prices out to 39,990.

Take 5,000 off of the above near the end of 2018 and you're looking at 34,990.00.

So a 2018 is gonna cost me a couple thousand more. 'Improved' tranny, twin-disc, DCT, MPS 4S tires and a few other goodies ....

Worth 2,000 ? I think so.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox

A 2017 GT in non-premium color w/ Performance Pack can be had (brand new) for around 32,500. That's about 5,000 below sticker.

Take 5,000 off of the above near the end of 2018 and you're looking at 34,990.00.

So a 2018 is gonna cost me a couple thousand more. 'Improved' tranny, twin-disc, DCT, MPS 4S tires and a few other goodies ....

DCT..?

(Edit: I'm genuinely curious on this one because all my brain can come up with is dual clutch transmission. Halp!)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
'Improved' tranny, twin-disc, DCT, MPS 4S tires and a few other goodies ....
Improved transmission is yet to be seen. It will have a revised gear ratio to match the MY18 HP and torque, but “improved” may or may not be the case.

As for the twin disc clutch….you can keep it. My stock clutch performs flawlessly.

I can think of a lot of other upgrades that can be had for $2000.

Sponsored

brb08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT Premium

I think you are right if you are willing to wait that long and want an auto.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not sure if that list was meant to be comprehensive, but it's missing quite a few things:

401A ($2200)
Safe & Smart ($1495?)
Navigation ($795)
I think 401a come with Nav... so knock off $795

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
So the only way to get the cool new 12" dash is the upgraded 401A? Anyone find a part number on that yet? I'm wondering if it's just swappable or is there some major computer programming going on there? It would be nice if it could swap in to any s550, but i'm probably dreaming. I'd pay ~$1200 for that cool ass thing!

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The "GHIN" crowd will pay a premium but these cars will be discounted next Summer just like every new car cycle. When you're talking $7 - $8 discounts, the specs (magna-ride, active exhaust, etc) are a lot more attractive at that price point.

PS....if you think the Camaro is a better deal, then by all means, buy a Camaro.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
The "GHIN" crowd will pay a premium but these cars will be discounted next Summer just like every new car cycle. When you're talking $7 - $8 discounts, the specs (magna-ride, active exhaust, etc) are a lot more attractive at that price point.

PS....if you think the Camaro is a better deal, then by all means, buy a Camaro.
Exactly. Eventually you'll see them discounted and at much more attractive prices. There's no way in hell I'd have paid MSRP for my car, but I was fine buying a used one with barely any miles on it for 13k+ under the original MSRP when it was new.

I'm sure if I waited long enough I could have gotten a new one at that price but... I'm impatient. Just not impatient enough to buy new when it comes to a fun weekend car anymore. Did it once on a previous fun car and doubt I will ever again. You lose your ass real quick new (unless it's alraedy heavily discounted).

Either way, if you're patient enough you'll eventually find the right deal no matter what car you're looking for.

Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
I have never seen 0% financing on the Mustangs. You will typically find those on the other models. When it comes to the pony, Ford has you by the balls
My dealer is, in the next two days, pushing to get me 0% on a 2018 GT. He's just waiting for the 2018 to populate his system, he says. We wrote up a 2017, but the added "estimated uplift" is way too much. I think he'll have to re-write me with X Plan and 0%.

I'll let ya'll know how it all comes out once I sign something...shouldn't be more than a week.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Is it just me or does it seem like there's way less margin now than before? $1,500-2k off takes you to dealer invoice. Last year I bought my car for $4,500 off with like a $500 incentive and the dealer only claimed they were losing a couple hundred bucks on the deal. Maybe they're bloating holdback so dealers can highlight this invoice number during negotiations.
This whole 'invoice' pricing is total hug wash. Manufacturers have been slowly decreasing the margin over invoice over the past 10+ years, so the dealers can continue their rediculous sob stories towards customers about how small their margin is. And masses of consumers actually believe this crap. In the meantime the holdback has gradually been jacked up. Anyone who believes that capital intensive companies like car dealerships can run a sound business on this teeny tiny few percent so called invoice margin really needs to go back to school and take a few business classes. Dealers have on average a total gross margin of at least 10 to 15% on cars. It's up to the customer to either negotiate that down or pay through the nose.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Forgive my ignorance, but what does "Dealer Invoice with Holdback" mean? I know that there is the price that the dealer pays, and then there is an unknow holdback that I thought varied from dealer to dealer.

So does it mean "This is the price the dealer paid, including the dealer getting the holdback "discount", meaning if the dealer sold the car for this amount then they would get absolutely zero profit?

Confused...any help appreciated...thx.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Forgive my ignorance, but what does "Dealer Invoice with Holdback" mean? I know that there is the price that the dealer pays, and then there is an unknow holdback that I thought varied from dealer to dealer.

So does it mean "This is the price the dealer paid, including the dealer getting the holdback "discount", meaning if the dealer sold the car for this amount then they would get absolutely zero profit?

Confused...any help appreciated...thx.
Hold-back is an amount of money the manufacturer rebates back to the dealer for each unit sold. Ford, I believe is 3% of MSRP. Each manufacturer has their own program... some have no hold-back. This is how dealers advertise deals like "$500 below invoice!"....mostly a marketing gimmick.

Interesting you say your dealer is working a 0% interest deal on a '18 Mustang order....I have never seen 0% that wasn't a factory promotion. No bank is going to loan money at 0%. Manufacturers are able to do it because they are the bank...in that case.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This whole 'invoice' pricing is total hug wash. Manufacturers have been slowly decreasing the margin over invoice over the past 10+ years, so the dealers can continue their rediculous sob stories towards customers about how small their margin is. And masses of consumers actually believe this crap. In the meantime the holdback has gradually been jacked up. Anyone who believes that capital intensive companies like car dealerships can run a sound business on this teeny tiny few percent so called invoice margin really needs to go back to school and take a few business classes. Dealers have on average a total gross margin of at least 10 to 15% on cars. It's up to the customer to either negotiate that down or pay through the nose.
I agree with you...to a point. Dealers make little to no money off the new car sale. The profit comes from the F&I office and the service bays. Cars are a commodity, just like a gallon of milk. A dealer might make 10% on a MSRP sale.....but those are few and far between.
Sponsored