Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Check the excerpt -- it disagrees with the rest of the post and photos -- it specifies 9.5 front, and 10 rear -- both .5 over a standard Performance Pack.
Official Ford Order sheet says:

19x10.5 (F) / 19x11 (R) Dark Tarnish Stainless-painted
Aluminum Wheels
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Any data on the front splitter, I really want to buy that for my 2018. :)

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
well considering all the issues iv had with my 2 powerstrokes , and yes one is a 7.3, that i haven't had with my duramax your argument is still invalid
Thing is, especially in this industry. People vote with their wallets and currently the Ford Trucks and Muscle cars absolutely destroy the bowties in the sales department, and that is all that really matters!! See people wouldn't keep buying crap if it were indeed crap.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Official Ford Order sheet says:

19x10.5 (F) / 19x11 (R) Dark Tarnish Stainless-painted
Aluminum Wheels
Thanks for verifying. Damn. Now what do I do? :doh: It's too sexy to ignore. Now I need to know if the '18 has the entire gt350 clip on it, or if you can replicate the look by swapping out the knuckles/etc. Isn't 305 even wider than the gt350 in front? I thought they were 295? I will not be surprised if a head to head shows the tremor pack ahead of the 350 on a couple of courses -- obviously not all of them. I think the 350 will still be ahead on the longer road courses.

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
[MENTION=7114]mikeyjobu[/MENTION] this is what you do, go down to Koons Ford in Baltimore and tell the ordering manager you want to order one.

The PP2 is the poor man's GT350 and the 1LE is the poor man's PP2 since some guys get theirs for almost free.
I’m pretty happy with my ‘15 - if I keep buying and selling cars, I’ll be the poor man! With my mods, I’m relatively close to an ‘18. I bet the 7th gen will be even better - hopefully it will come in around 3400, retain a V8 manual option, and look good for under 40k. I need to force myself to wait and see. Oh the trouble this forum could get me in...

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I’m pretty happy with my ‘15 - if I keep buying and selling cars, I’ll be the poor man! With my mods, I’m relatively close to an ‘18. I bet the 7th gen will be even better - hopefully it will come in around 3400, retain a V8 manual option, and look good for under 40k. I need to force myself to wait and see. Oh the trouble this forum could get me in...
I haven't even ordered mine yet and I'm already looking at places that weight can be removed, like removing back seat, aluminum DS, ect. I'd like to find the stock weight of a PP2. then see if I can take off about 200-250. At least enough to cover my weight.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Thing is, especially in this industry. People vote with their wallets and currently the Ford Trucks and Muscle cars absolutely destroy the bowties in the sales department, and that is all that really matters!! See people wouldn't keep buying crap if it were indeed crap.
not true at all my dad is a die hard gm fan, it wouldn't matter if his gms fell apart he'd still never drive a ford. just like Harley guys, they ride like crap handle like crap and up till recently when someone else started building there motors made no power compared to a competitor like victory, but people still bought them

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I haven't even ordered mine yet and I'm already looking at places that weight can be removed, like removing back seat, aluminum DS, ect. I'd like to find the stock weight of a PP2. then see if I can take off about 200-250. At least enough to cover my weight.
I'm looking for that F150 light-weighting treatment to finally go into full-effect. I've pulled some weight out of mine, but wonder if for my purposes doing more will just be a fools game. I have had an FRPP x-pipe for over a year sitting in a box, but I'm afraid it will get me into trouble with the law: probably too loud on the highway. I've considered the Magnaflow or Borla resonators as an alternative -- I'm not sure what I want to do. I think I may want to get a Vortech blower -- but I digress...

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Biggest and somewhat easiest places to look for weight savings are the exhaust(~30lbs for a catback), front seats(easily 50lbs or more for lightweight fixed back seats), rear seat delete(about 20-30lbs if you remove all related hardware), wheels(20-40lbs for most cars, I'm going to assume the PP2 wheels are still going to be heavy despite what most people think about forged wheels), and mostly big weight savings can be found in the driver. :thumbsup:

After that look at tubular front subframe, hopefully someone will make a rear tubular subframe *coughBMRcough*.

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Biggest and somewhat easiest places to look for weight savings are the exhaust(~30lbs for a catback), front seats(easily 50lbs or more for lightweight fixed back seats), rear seat delete(about 20-30lbs if you remove all related hardware), wheels(20-40lbs for most cars, I'm going to assume the PP2 wheels are still going to be heavy despite what most people think about forged wheels), and mostly big weight savings can be found in the driver. :thumbsup:

After that look at tubular front subframe, hopefully someone will make a rear tubular subframe *coughBMRcough*.
This! I have been working on this! I am no stranger to the gym -- trouble is I love meat, and to go back for seconds. Rabbit food is cheap though, and probably a worthwhile place to take the weight off...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
This! I have been working on this! I am no stranger to the gym -- trouble is I love meat, and to go back for seconds. Rabbit food is cheap though, and probably a worthwhile place to take the weight off...

For me, time spent in the gym was to gain weight. :headbang: Went from about 150lbs to a lean 175lbs.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
For me, time spent in the gym was to gain weight. :headbang: Went from about 150lbs to a lean 175lbs.
Yes -- I was a runner, but then got into lifting as a firefighter (in a past life) because I needed the strength -- also picked up the associated weight. Now I'm older and have gotten into indoor rock climbing (wading my way outdoors) where being lighter and leaner is helpful -- as it is driving a car in a manner that will get you arrested if done on a public road... I'm also curious about the Tremor Pack weight. It likely picks up more than the standard Performance Pack -- I'm also curious how the big meats in front will hinder acceleration from a dig much -- I'm sure having as much out back helps offset that some. Grip seems to always be the issue with these cars -- one way or the other...

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
not true at all my dad is a die hard gm fan, it wouldn't matter if his gms fell apart he'd still never drive a ford. just like Harley guys, they ride like crap handle like crap and up till recently when someone else started building there motors made no power compared to a competitor like victory, but people still bought them
I consider myself a Ford guy however, I have had plenty of Chevy's in my lifetime and while some have been OK, I have mostly had bad luck with them.
I wouldn't keep buying products that aren't any good including Ford but i do have a question for you. So why did Harley have someone else build their motors if they were selling well already? Also do you think that there are just more Ford loyal Mustang and F-150 customers then there are GM?:shrug:

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I consider myself a Ford guy however, I have had plenty of Chevy's in my lifetime and while some have been OK, I have mostly had bad luck with them.
I wouldn't keep buying products that aren't any good including Ford but i do have a question for you. So why did Harley have someone else build their motors if they were selling well already? Also do you think that there are just more Ford loyal Mustang and F-150 customers then there are GM?:shrug:
because they couldn't meet emissions, so bombadier i believe builds them now. but i think some of that could be do to a good product but also brand loyalty as well, but iv personally had both gm and fords be awesome Ann's suck
Sponsored