Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
so the 1lw was 1.66 slower then the r, i said it was in line or could beat the gt350 so by that time id say thats petty accurate. trust me id take either a gt350 or any day over and camaro
Honestly, if you are talking about the non R...it very well "could" be. The change of tire compounds alone could be responsible.

Until there is a head to head however, I don't think anyone can make any statements in that regard.
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
again I'm not brand specific iv actually owned more mustangs then camaros but to say its gonna fall apart is pretty crazy when my 15gtpp has 7k on it and the clutch pulled apart like many orhers have, my car leaks from a pin hole in a weld so its needed to be fixed and the whole roof repainted, driveline vibration that no one can figure out. not to mention the ac issue which correct me if im wrong but you have to pull the dash apart to fix. bottom line these are production cars shortcuts will be takwn wherever they can
Now imagine how much worse it would be if it was a Camaro....

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Honestly, if you are talking about the non R...it very well "could" be. The change of tire compounds alone could be responsible.

Until there is a head to head however, I don't think anyone can make any statements in that regard.
the non r is what i was talking about, and honestly by your argument you can't say any car is faster then any car unless the same track, day, and driver were used so

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Now imagine how much worse it would be if it was a Camaro....
well considering all the issues iv had with my 2 powerstrokes , and yes one is a 7.3, that i haven't had with my duramax your argument is still invalid

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car

Put me on blast for the same thing.

You're a genius bro, a real prodigy.

:lol:

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
well considering all the issues iv had with my 2 powerstrokes , and yes one is a 7.3, that i haven't had with my duramax your argument is still invalid
As a diesel development engineer, I have to say you can't compare in that way. Also, I have personal experience with DMax. Not exactly flawless.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
As a diesel development engineer, I have to say you can't compare in that way. Also, I have personal experience with DMax. Not exactly flawless.
exactly everyone has different experiences with all cars, people rave about cummings, i hate them i had 2 and had nothing but constant problems, so your statement is inaccurate. show me definitive proof that camaros fall apart. i go back to my previous statement of these are production cars all are going to have issues, no matter what dealer you go in there are cars on lifts getting fixed

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
exactly everyone has different experiences with all cars, people rave about cummings, i hate them i had 2 and had nothing but constant problems, so your statement is inaccurate. show me definitive proof that camaros fall apart. i go back to my previous statement of these are production cars all are going to have issues, no matter what dealer you go in there are cars on lifts getting fixed
You mean Cummins. ;)
They have some bombproof engines and some problematic ones. My statement isn't inaccurate. I have no experience with Camaros, nor did I make claims on them. I know the design faults in their engine fuel system, but that isn't unique to a specific car.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
yes sorry i was referring to a few post ago about camaros falling apart by someone else

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
My big draw to Mustang outside of the awesome looks is the ability to get the Roush/Ford Performance Supercharger installed and maintain the factory warranty. That is my plan although I know it will be one expensive Stang with 401a, PP2, Active Exhaust and the SC. I still prefer the looks of the car over a comparably priced Vette and a used Hellcat.
I completely agree.

Sponsored

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
i do agree the mustang is a better looking car, personally i lithe the 15-17 a bit more but the 18 in person isn't bad. and i hated the gen5 camaro it was hideous but the 6gen is more sleek i think, for me the 18 gt and the 6gen camaro are equal in looks, and interior i have no real issues with either. the biggest factor for me is i went to 9 ford dealers and only one chevy dealer and couldnt get a pp2 within 7k of the 1le. idk about everyone else but 7k isn't exactly chump change to me

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Forgive me -- I've been lurking on this thread and have been wondering about something I've just noticed in the original post: the pictures have got to be a 305 tire -- as described in the text -- but in what appears to be order guide screenshot excerpts, it it specifies a different wheel and tire combo: 265 in front (10mm more than a standard PP), and 275 out back? How reliable is the original post?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Forgive me -- I've been lurking on this thread and have been wondering about something I've just noticed in the original post: the pictures have got to be a 305 tire -- as described in the text -- but in what appears to be order guide screenshot excerpts, it it specifies a different wheel and tire combo: 265 in front (10mm more than a standard PP), and 275 out back? How reliable is the original post?
It comes with 19x10.5" and 19x11" wheels, there's no way they could fit those tires on that wheel width.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
i do agree the mustang is a better looking car, personally i lithe the 15-17 a bit more but the 18 in person isn't bad. and i hated the gen5 camaro it was hideous but the 6gen is more sleek i think, for me the 18 gt and the 6gen camaro are equal in looks, and interior i have no real issues with either. the biggest factor for me is i went to 9 ford dealers and only one chevy dealer and couldnt get a pp2 within 7k of the 1le. idk about everyone else but 7k isn't exactly chump change to me
That's because everyone on the internet is stock broker with a supermodel wife.

;)

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
It comes with 19x10.5" and 19x11" wheels, there's no way they could fit those tires on that wheel width.
Check the excerpt -- it disagrees with the rest of the post and photos -- it specifies 9.5 front, and 10 rear -- both .5 over a standard Performance Pack.
Sponsored