Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
My dealer called me yesterday and asked if it was ok to change my order from a customer order to dealer stock order. Says that first run is Oct 2 and that after quality checks all first orders will be dealer stock. That if I leave it as a customer order I may not get a build date until late October maybe even November. He says only difference going stock is I won't get a green window sticker. I told him I didn't care about the sticker just want my car. He says he will have an update for me by Wednesday.

Anyone else hear of this before?
yes that is correct. ive ordered many times and stock orders are the ones that are for the lot, but they dealer can set it aside for you. i dont know about the green window sticker, ive have retail orders as well, only difference is it says special order on it and has your fist initial and last name, they never changed the color on any of mine. I had my dealer do mine as a stock order as well to get it sooner. also with a stock order, if you are on the dealer website, when you see the inventory, it may say in transit or something once its coming, meaning anyone can call on it, but again, if you have a good dealer, then all the salesmen know to say that one is sold already. with a retail order, it does not show on the dealer inventory since its spoken for.

i am getting x plan and it does not effect it at all either.
Sponsored

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
Good to hear Art. My original order was for Magnetic and he ordered the same build in OF for me to choose which one I wanted......changed that to just the OF when he called. Great choice on your color as well

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear Art. My original order was for Magnetic and he ordered the same build in OF for me to choose which one I wanted......changed that to just the OF when he called. Great choice on your color as well ��
thanks so much. i had been going round and round with color, but im sticking with this one. im still debating on changing out the 20 wheels and getting the perf pack and magneride instead, but the over 4K difference in price is holding me back.

i had perf pack on my 15 in comp orange, but just not sure if worth the big price increase for it, even though i want the magneride. so hard to decide!

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
thanks so much. i had been going round and round with color, but im sticking with this one. im still debating on changing out the 20 wheels and getting the perf pack and magneride instead, but the over 4K difference in price is holding me back.

i had perf pack on my 15 in comp orange, but just not sure if worth the big price increase for it, even though i want the magneride. so hard to decide!
I went with OF, PP, MR, AE and the 400 pack. I wanted the 12" display but the price killed it for me. OTD with TT and fees I'll be $47457 before any incentives. That includes $500 in first responder discounts. Hoping I can get the dealer to take off another $1000 to $1500 in holdbacks in exchange for moving stock.

We've purchased our last three cars with them, now four with the Mustang and a fifth come January as our oldest two are now driving.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
My dealer called me yesterday and asked if it was ok to change my order from a customer order to dealer stock order. Says that first run is Oct 2 and that after quality checks all first orders will be dealer stock. That if I leave it as a customer order I may not get a build date until late October maybe even November. He says only difference going stock is I won't get a green window sticker. I told him I didn't care about the sticker just want my car. He says he will have an update for me by Wednesday.

Anyone else hear of this before?
Green is designated as a non stock ordered unit. Special ordered Mustangs get green. All my Mustangs were blue except for my 17. :headbang:

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Green is designated as a non stock ordered unit. Special ordered Mustangs get green. All my Mustangs were blue except for my 17. :headbang:
I never knew that. I bought my '13 used. So excited to get a special color mustang window sticker :D. Hopefully, will hear back from my dealer in the next month :D

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
i have all my special ordered mustangs, 2014, 2015, 2017 and mine were all the regular blue, just had my name on them and said special order at the bottom. However, my GT350 was Red, because all of those were red stickers but it did say special order as well.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy your new Mustang...............:headbang:
It'll be my first GT. And I'm very excited. :D. And it is specced out to the fullest. Going to talk to the dealer about a ceramic coat. They have a nice coat they use on their classics. :)

AGM2018

After spending the last few days examining what I want out of my new 'Stang, I have made my decision on what model to purchase. Since I already have a dedicated and very reliable daily driver (2016 Nissan Maxima SR), my new 'Stang will primarily be utilized as a weekend boulevard cruiser, date night ride, for an occasional weekend trip and for as much safe/street legal spirited driving fun as possible. So, I chose the EB Premium with the following build specifications:

200A Package (Ebony Leather)
10 Speed Automatic Transmission
Performance Package (with spoiler delete)
Enhanced Security Package

I also strongly considered purchasing the base GT with the following build specifications:

301A

For my intended use of my new 'Stang, the additional $7543 for the GT just doesn't seem worth it too me. Yes, I know the GT'S 5.0 Coyote is on another level than the EB'S turbo charged 2.3L engine...I know the sound of the exhaust note on the EB will never (despite what after market exhaust is attached to it) come close to the symphony produced by the Coyote's 5.0 engine. I also realize (and to be frank, this is the only issue that both worries and irritates me!) the EB will require an immediate upgrade on the factory intercooler and an upgrade to the stock tune when/if Ford Racing develops and sells an after market tune for the 18 EB (hopefully, FR won't take two years to develop one for the 18 EB'S!).

I don't ever intend to take my new 'Stang to the track, race it (street or drag strip); therefore, I believe upgrading the intercooler and the stock/factory tune will be all that is needed to enable the 18 EB 'Stang to well serve my intended purpose(s) for it. Now...if I can just decide on a color! I am debating between Ingot Silver, Ruby Red and Lightening Blue. I am, ever so slightly, leaning toward LB. Any thoughts, opinions and/or feedback on my choice of the EB over a base GT...and opinions on what color I should select? Thanks for all of your inputs and opinions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
God damn CA sales tax.
For real. I don't know how people afford to live there. Our tax for a new car is capped at $500, which is up from $300 we would have payed last year.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
After spending the last few days examining what I want out of my new 'Stang, I have made my decision on what model to purchase. Since I already have a dedicated and very reliable daily driver (2016 Nissan Maxima SR), my new 'Stang will primarily be utilized as a weekend boulevard cruiser, date night ride, for an occasional weekend trip and for as much safe/street legal spirited driving fun as possible. So, I chose the EB Premium with the following build specifications:

200A Package (Ebony Leather)

I also strongly considered purchasing the base GT with the following build specifications:

301A

For my intended use of my new 'Stang, the additional $7543 for the GT just doesn't seem worth it too me. Yes, I know the GT'S 5.0 Coyote is on another level than the EB'S turbo charged 2.3L engine...I know the sound of the exhaust note on the EB will never (despite what after market exhaust is attached to it) come close to the symphony produced by the Coyote's 5.0 engine. I also realize (and to be frank, this is the only issue that both worries and irritates me!) the EB will require an immediate upgrade on the factory intercooler and an upgrade to the stock tune when/if Ford Racing develops and sells an after market tune for the 18 EB (hopefully, FR won't take two years to develop one for the 18 EB'S!).

I don't ever intend to take my new 'Stang to the track, race it (street or drag strip); therefore, I believe upgrading the intercooler and the stock/factory tune will be all that is needed to enable the 18 EB 'Stang to well serve my intended purpose(s) for it. Now...if I can just decide on a color! I am debating between Ingot Silver, Ruby Red and Lightening Blue. I am, ever so slightly, leaning toward LB. Any thoughts, opinions and/or feedback on my choice of the EB over a base GT...and opinions on what color I should select? Thanks for all of your inputs and opinions!
The performance package is a sweet option choice with the new 10 speed automatic. As for color , with Mustangs that is always a difficult choice. The new Orange Fury & Royal Crimson have received favorable feedback when seen. :headbang:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping to hear from my dealer soon to say my mustang has been put in the system. My Salesman emailed me yesterday asking me if I was still interested in a car. Ummm... You ordered my 2018. I hope he didn't forget. Which I doubt because every person in that dealer was interested in what we were doing. It was a slow day. And the sales manager(the one that built order in the system) said he'd call me with any news. So hopefully, I'm just freaking out over nothing.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Pulled The Trigger

Ordered a 2018 GT Premium this morning. Oxford White with black leather and red insert interior, 3:55 rear and all the good stuff. My salesman asked if I was sure that I wanted a manual transmission ? My answer " I have been grabbing gears since I was 18, why stop now ? Your 2015 GT only has 26,000 miles on it. Yes I know therefore I expect a great trade in price. Check this out, I asked if I could swap out the jack and spare from my 15 and trade the inflator kit from the 18? he said no problem. Let the games begin.

PS: Thanks for all the well whishes. To answer most questions (1) What I got I'd rather not disclose. (2) I can not be bothered with people wasting my time or just taking my car for a ride. (3) I usually buy a new car every few years along with all the new stuff at half the price. (4) Did not go for the PP, I no longer race come on I'll be 74 in September. (4) My decision to go to the 18 hinged on new style , color, and stick shift. My 15 auto was fast as hell but there is nothing better than rowing gears and hearing your favorite tunes.

Last edited: