Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

AGM2018

x2 on this.

My dealer removed their $699 "processing fee" as well as the $200+ in other fees and instead only charged the $99 documentation fee.

Also, on X-plan the $1900 and some change 301A package which includes the 8" screen, Sync 3, Apple CarPlay, auto climate, 9-speaker system, ambient lighting, and drive modes has GOT to be a no brainer for base GTs.
Brandon and Low Country...thanks for the wise input, I appreciate it. Low Country, I am about 3.5 hours from Charleston...not too far away. I don't plan on trading the car in or selling it...ever. I had a 2015 EB and kept it for a year and sold it. It was an early "Spain Motor" car and while I loved the "nimble handling (it had the PP), the factory tune and intercooler was crap! So this go around, I am going with the GT; the only "concern" I have is that the GT (even when equipped with the PP and automatic) will retain the heavy, floaty and disconnected driving feeling of the 2015 I drove.

Even with all that said, I just can't bring myself to buy another EB...Ford just didn't (in my humble opinion) do enough to "improve" it for the mid-cycle refresh, even with the updated 10 speed automatic transmission and 30 additional pounds of torque. Had Ford installed the Ford Racing Tune as the "Standard Tune" on the 18 EB's (330ish HP/360 FT/LBS torque..and for the love of all that is Mustang...could Ford just upgrade the crappy factory intercooler!!), I would be very tempted to purchase an 18 EB as my weekend/vacation/occasional daily driver.

For my intended use (satisfying and gorgeous car to drive and "cruise"), the EB actually makes more sense in almost every aspect: initial purchase price, monthly note and monthly insurance. Gas and maintenance is a wash...well, maybe in the long run the EB MIGHT COST MORE to upkeep than the GT...due to the turbo and its internals. Nonetheless, the 15 EB I had for a year just left me "flat" and wanting "more." And I know that within a year, Ford Racing will probably release a $700.00 tune, with a CAI, that will add the additional 20 or so HP and 20 or so FT/LBS torque...but, I simply don't wish to buy a tune, an intercooler and maybe a CB exhaust. With the GT, I will buy a mid-level noise making exhaust to satisfy me...and nothing else. Sorry for the long post...Ford simply agitates me at times with their business practices...like in 2015 in neutering the V6 and the options available for purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
With the GT, I will buy a mid-level noise making exhaust to satisfy me..
Finance with a credit union at 2.49-3.49% depending on length and you will save a good amount to make the premium not sting so much. Digital dash, I feel, will be a great addition. Read the e source book to get a basic run down of features that will be 401A digital dash exclusive. All fingers crossed hopefully it will have the ability to be updated with new features in the future. Maybe with custom dashes, even?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87728

Check out this thread on active exhaust (can get only with 301A, 401A). Wade through the haters and there is really great info about AE and how it will work with after market parts. Borla commented directly. I, like you , am concerned with the drive responsiveness but was encouraged to hear a number of 2017 PP parts becoming standard on the 2018. For me it was PP or 401A and I went the DD route because I'm not tracking it. I seriously considered the PP, but I couldn't spend them 4k without the extra $1600 for Magneride. That much just to improve the drive quality was a little much for me.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Just got a phone call from one of the dealerships I contacted, they said the Order Banks will be officially open tomorrow (Aug 9th). Just passing the message along.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Just got a phone call from one of the dealerships I contacted, they said the Order Banks will be officially open tomorrow (Aug 9th). Just passing the message along.
they are already open, i already have my DORA dated 7/31/17.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
they are already open, i already have my DORA dated 7/31/17.
I don't remember where, but I think I've read somewhere says that getting a DORA doesn't mean order banks are open, but I could be wrong. Also, I've placed my order yesterday with a different dealer.

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
I don't remember where, but I think I've read somewhere says that getting a DORA doesn't mean order banks are open, but I could be wrong. Also, I've placed my order yesterday with a different dealer.
on my DORA, it states Order receipt date is 7/27/17, and the DORA Processed date is 7/31/17. Usually you get a VOC(Vehicle order confirmation) first, then once Ford accepts the order, you get the DORA(Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement), now its time to wait for a VIN and scheduling. Scheduling is supposed to start 8/17/17 if it stays on schedule.

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
dealer order placed Aug 1

08/9/17- just got a email from my dealer and he said,my order is placed with Ford,but they aren't building any before OCT, what's up with that?:confused::confused: does that mean a DEC 17 delivery?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
08/9/17- just got a email from my dealer and he said,my order is placed with Ford,but they aren't building any before OCT, what's up with that?:confused::confused: does that mean a DEC 17 delivery?
Scheduling is supposed to start 8/17, build date starts 10/2 if all stays on schedule. if we are lucky, we may get some cars by end of oct.

2018 Mustang Start Date.png

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered my car!

GT premium Convertible
Orange Fury
Black Interior
10 Speed Auto
401A
Spoiler Delete
Safe & Smart Pack
Shaker Pro
GT Performance Pack
Magnaride
Active Exhaust

Total Price w/out: 58,760
With X-Plan and incentives : 55,730
+ NC: Sales tax: 1671.92
+ NC Tag Transfer: 72
Total: 57,474

I'm very excited! But we will wait 12ish weeks till I receive it! :D

Last edited:

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
I just ordered my car!

GT Convertible premium
Orange Fury
Black Interior
10 Speed Auto
401A
Spoiler Delete
Safe & Smart Pack
Shaker Pro
GT Performance Pack
Magnaride

Total Price w/out: 58,760
With X-Plan and incentives : 55,730
+ NC: Sales tax: 1671.92
+ NC Tag Transfer: 72
Total: 57,474

I'm very excited! But we will wait 12ish weeks till I receive it! :D
Congratulations. Would you mind letting me know which incentives and amounts they allowed you to get combined with X-Plan?

thanks!

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
X2. The dealer's I've spoken to said no current rebates will work for an '18.

Also what I've found in my part of the country, telling your dealer you have X plan actually loses you any leverage. I contacted 3 dealers telling them I had X plan and if any could beat X plan. All said no. I contacted 3 others and all started at invoice without me even trying to negotiate yet. So that tells me there is more room to drop the price if that's where they start. Isn't invoice .4% below x plan?

I told 2 of the invoice dealers that I have the same offer from other dealers and want to know if they can beat "invoice". I'm waiting to hear back. I know in other parts of the country dealer fees can be in the hundreds of dollars but I'm pretty sure here in California there's a law that limits dealer doc fees to $80 so the x plan doc fees limit doesn't help me there. Honestly if Ford didn't raise the price so much I'd be fine with invoice, but I do feel like the extra $1,000 for PP and the $2,000 in base GT price increase was ridiculous(should have been $1,000). If I can get $1500 below invoice I'll be ordering right then and there.

Sorry for the book, I just wanted to let everyone know my journey so far. Oh and almost forgot, I think I'm going to keep the PP spoiler lol. It'll make it easier to install an after market one.
As far as I know I just got the incentives that are present. But the price is X-plan price by itselt. So I'm not sure if they will give me the incentives that will be available when I receive the car. I know other people have had their dealer do the incentives that are available right now PLUS the ones that are going to be available. Mine was the first 2018 order this dealer done. So I think it was new for them.

PS. I also got the active exhaust I left it out. :)

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt ordered aug 01

All I have is the DORA, should I be getting any other info from my dealer, nothing as of 08/13/2017-gt coupe premium, 401a equipement group,10 speed auto,safe and smart,enhanced security,spoiler delete,active exhaust,shaker pro,gt performance pkg,magna ride,-53555.00, x-plan 50883.59:ford:

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
My dealer called me yesterday and asked if it was ok to change my order from a customer order to dealer stock order. Says that first run is Oct 2 and that after quality checks all first orders will be dealer stock. That if I leave it as a customer order I may not get a build date until late October maybe even November. He says only difference going stock is I won't get a green window sticker. I told him I didn't care about the sticker just want my car. He says he will have an update for me by Wednesday.

Anyone else hear of this before?

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
My dealer called me yesterday and asked if it was ok to change my order from a customer order to dealer stock order. Says that first run is Oct 2 and that after quality checks all first orders will be dealer stock. That if I leave it as a customer order I may not get a build date until late October maybe even November. He says only difference going stock is I won't get a green window sticker. I told him I didn't care about the sticker just want my car. He says he will have an update for me by Wednesday.

Anyone else hear of this before?
nice, wish mine dealer could/would do this also, If you were a X-plan buyer, would that effect the order?Maybe they couldn't order a stock car under the x=plan process!

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
nice, wish mine dealer could/would do this also, If you were a X-plan buyer, would that effect the order?Maybe they couldn't order a stock car under the x=plan process!
I have A/Z plan pricing. I'll still get my discount. Just had to be dealer stock he said.
Sponsored