Sponsored

2018 Magne-ride?

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
These shocks said to be coming soon with the 2018 model supposedly similar to the ones in the gt350... is it possible to retrofit into an earlier pre-s550, or is it a little more involved than that?
Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
My guess is that it would be cheaper to trade in the car and buy the new one from the factory than to retrofit, if it's possible at all.

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
I'm pretty sure once you option up the '18 GT with mag ride and dual mode exhaust you might as well go for the gt350 for the 5.2 voodoo.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I'm pretty sure once you option up the '18 GT with mag ride and dual mode exhaust you might as well go for the gt350 for the 5.2 voodoo.
lol no. With those two optioned, I'd expect the GT to still be in the 30s maybe even with the premium

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
lol no. With those two optioned, I'd expect the GT to still be in the 30s maybe even with the premium
Uhm....a brand new gt with premium and pp has a sticker price of 45k. You can talk that down but mag ride and exhaust is going to tip the 50k mark easily.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Uhm....a brand new gt with premium and pp has a sticker price of 45k. You can talk that down but mag ride and exhaust is going to tip the 50k mark easily.
What?

A new GT premium with PP has sticker price of $40,815 with destination included. Not counting any current incentives.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm going to say a lot less headache to buy a 18 if so equipped. Magma ride would include not only the struts and probably the springs and sway bars, but also a new OBC/ECM also. The magma ride is part of the PDI program on new car delivery.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm just hoping that i can get the magnetic ride suspension on the base gt. I just want that, 10 speed auto and the performance pack, in orange and it wont cost me 40k+

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Thats right where it needs to be to make sense - PP car for 38 with recaros mag ride etc

Noway it hits 50k. The new Camaro 1LE is lighter and faster than the mujstang and is essentially their PP car. Comes standard with manual trans, leather/alcantara recaros, heads up display, mag ride, active exhaust, 6pot brembos, lighweight performance wheels with 315s/285s and a bunch of other stuff. That car runs 44k base and 46 with the PDR that GM offers and several have already bought them under that 44k sticker (including some of my friends). I'm eagerly anticipating the changes the 2018MY will bring and have suspended any further modifications to see how Ford answers back. Priced at 50 and you're almost to a GT350 or a new base vette - it would be suicide.

If they give the 18 a power bump and make active exhaust and mag ride std on track packs for under 40 im all in. If not, I will definitely be shopping the better equipped 1LE. Also as noted above, the 1le actually comes with a solid wheel/tire setup. The 18 doesn't need this for me, but it sure would be nice. Ford's offerings have historically been horrendous - my 14 5.0 came with 235s......seriously? At least on my PP car they made an attempt although the wheels are still heavy tires are still too small. It would be nice if they gave more than one performance based wheel option on our cars as that is what they are meant to be afterall. Oh yea, fingers crossed for rear brembos....for the love of God Ford come on.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Short answer is NO.
Those shocks are computer/sensor controlled. Cars will not have the necessary wiring, sensors, nor computer programming- it ain't a simple download/tune.

Now having said that--anything is possible. But the total cost to do so would probably exceed that of just starting with an empty garage and buying a Mustang that is already equipped with magnetic ride shocks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm going to say a lot less headache to buy a 18 if so equipped. Magma ride would include not only the struts and probably the springs and sway bars, but also a new OBC/ECM also. The magma ride is part of the PDI program on new car delivery.
Magma ride would be hot!

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Having both a 15 PP and a 350 with the trackpack. The performance difference is night and day. I know my 350 has a wider stance and a larger tire but the $ it would take to get my PP to handle like my 350???
I still don't think it would be standard equipment unless the price went up significantly,I'd have to guess that's going to be a $3k to $4k bump in price. I don't think all Mustang buyers will want it at that price. Maybe it would just get grouped into the PP upgrade? the active exhaust though could be an easy cheap standard equipment upgrade.

Last edited: