Sponsored

2018 Kona Blue GT350 Pre-Production Photos

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
IMO I believe Kona Blue is the nicest of the blues. My rankings of Ford blues over the past 10 years is as follows:

1. Kona
2. Depp Impact
3. Lightning
4. Grabber
My ranking would be similar. But I have a hard time ranking, as I really like all the blues for different reasons.

1. Deep Impact Blue - Because I love the "deep" candy like finish and the hints of purple in certain lighting. (The "boy racer" in me likes purple. ;)) I thought the GT500 looked awesome in DIB, so it was my favorite color on the GT350 from the get go.

2. Kona - Looks very similar to DIB, but KB is darker with more metallic flakes in it. However, it lacks the "pop" that DIB has in certain lighting, which is why my nod goes to DIB. Plus, KB is a little too dark in the shade or at night for my taste.

3. (Tie) Grabber & Lightning. Why a tie? These are so different, right? It's because if I were buying a '17 I'd really have a very hard time deciding between these two.
- The "boy racer" in me absolutely loves Grabber. That part of me would even rank it number 1. But it's too loud and smurfy for the "mature" side of me that exists most of the time.
- Lightning is a great blue, but it's too dang popular. I bet it ends up being the most popular color of 2017 and into '18. I like being a little unique, so that's a plus for DIB being a '16 color only, Grabber exclusive for '17 and Kona for '18 only. Also, LB can look a bit Teal in certain lighting. My preference is a hint of purple over a hint of teal.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Au contraire, this on a GT350 with BPR, no stripes would be da bomb:cheers::lol:
If they had that color available, my wife would have to kill me. Because I'd be trading in for it. At least it would fix my cooler issue at the same time.

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
so they put the stripes and spoiler on AFTER they park it outside to get rained on in a shitty looking fenced in yard with weeds growing through the cracked pavement???

are these pics taken at the ford plant in Dearborn MI?

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I am sold!! I love Kona, and I think it is going to look great on this car. Kona really pops in the sun when you can see all of the metallic flake in it and even in the right dark conditions looks amazing

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
My ranking would be similar. But I have a hard time ranking, as I really like all the blues for different reasons.

1. Deep Impact Blue - Because I love the "deep" candy like finish and the hints of purple in certain lighting. (The "boy racer" in me likes purple. ;)) I thought the GT500 looked awesome in DIB, so it was my favorite color on the GT350 from the get go.

2. Kona - Looks very similar to DIB, but KB is darker with more metallic flakes in it. However, it lacks the "pop" that DIB has in certain lighting, which is why my nod goes to DIB. Plus, KB is a little too dark in the shade or at night for my taste.

3. (Tie) Grabber & Lightning. Why a tie? These are so different, right? It's because if I were buying a '17 I'd really have a very hard time deciding between these two.
- The "boy racer" in me absolutely loves Grabber. That part of me would even rank it number 1. But it's too loud and smurfy for the "mature" side of me that exists most of the time.
- Lightning is a great blue, but it's too dang popular. I bet it ends up being the most popular color of 2017 and into '18. I like being a little unique, so that's a plus for DIB being a '16 color only, Grabber exclusive for '17 and Kona for '18 only. Also, LB can look a bit Teal in certain lighting. My preference is a hint of purple over a hint of teal.
I'm not so sure about Lightning Blue being as popular as you think. I've seen more Escapes and Fusions in LB than I have Mustangs, including mine. In the time I've owned mine, I've seen at most 4 other Mustangs in LB. That's nothing compared to the countless Ingot Silvers, Magnetics, Blacks, and Reds that are EVERYWHERE. LB is, in my opinion, the best color so far to be on the mass produced versions of the S550, which is why I'm so confused as to why I don't see more of them.

If I were to rank the Ford blues of the last 7 years, it would be:

1: KB and LB tied, because of the insane color shift they exhibit.
2: Grabber, for its historic significance, and it truly looks good.
3: DIB, because it's like the less successful little brother to KB.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I think Kona Blue is unbeatable in the Ford lineup. Grabber blue is interesting if you are into that pop color look, which I am not.

I have DIB and it has hints of purple in it, which is nifty, but it just doesn't have that warmth, if you will, of Kona Blue.

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
I am a Blue guy and Kona Blue sucked before so why bring it back? Lightning Blue is awesome the best since Vista Blue. The GT350 will look great in that new Maroon color. Was just at SAAC 42 and had a lot of 1967 Shelby's in Brittany Blue, Lime Green, Dark Moss Green, Dark Blue, and the rare Bronze Metallic all which would look great on these new GT350's

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Not any thing said of that happening. And I surely hope it never happens.
Why do you hope it never happens? Are you bias or blinded by ignorance? Many people would love to drive the new GT350 but cannot due to disability or injury or say had his legs blown off in Iraq by an IED, so these people are not good enough?

Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Corvette, Camaro, Cadillac, Dodge Hellcat and Demon all Automatics and all world class so why not the GT350?

Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I am sold!! I love Kona, and I think it is going to look great on this car. Kona really pops in the sun when you can see all of the metallic flake in it and even in the right dark conditions looks amazing

I'll agree with that. I loved my Kona.

25987075836_bf4c40522a_b.jpg

17319352662_ee6bb74af2_b.jpg

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I'm not so sure about Lightning Blue being as popular as you think. I've seen more Escapes and Fusions in LB than I have Mustangs, including mine. In the time I've owned mine, I've seen at most 4 other Mustangs in LB. That's nothing compared to the countless Ingot Silvers, Magnetics, Blacks, and Reds that are EVERYWHERE. LB is, in my opinion, the best color so far to be on the mass produced versions of the S550, which is why I'm so confused as to why I don't see more of them.
My comment on LB being very popular is based on the number seen on the GT350 owners' group on facebook. I've seen more new '17 owners there with LB than just about any other color. LB seems fairly popular on this forum as well. Also, I'm referring to the GT350 in specific, rather than colors on Mustangs in general.

Granted, counting the sightings on the facebook owners group is far from accurate, we'll need to wait for some official '17 production numbers to know for sure. But I'm willing to bet it comes out close to the top in terms of numbers sold for the MY17 GT350.

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
LMFAO i saw this same pic 2 day's ago just messing around on Instagram the color looks so dull
Sponsored