Sponsored

2018 GT A10 Basket case of issues...

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Yeah I knew Bochelli and the opera and blind part, but got the male part wrong. Haha go figure.

Since it’s a new trans, give it a while and drive bit a bit aggressively. Mine is the exact same car, and had some weirdness too up till after 5 k..then I put a tune in and the factory glitches went away. Have reflashed back to stock several times and still all good. If unplugging and re-learning doesn’t solve it in another couple of thousand miles then yes It might need some attention.
Sponsored

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
Yeah i'm not too concerned, been down the "going crazy under warranty" path before and all i did was lose hair. It'll be rectified eventually, it's just a shame because it takes a bit of the polish off what is (ironically) a much better sorted car than my 18 was. Just starting to rain here, so might go take it for a spin.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
For those who a PCM update solved their issues - have they remained resolved or have they come back?

Deleted member 35644

For those who a PCM update solved their issues - have they remained resolved or have they come back?
For me, it resolved the slamming-into-gear issue, which has never happened again. It resolved about 50% of the harshness encountered when slowing and speeding up in traffic on the highway. It did nothing for the large amount of time it takes to shift from R to D, D to R, etc. The only reason I know it's still not fixed, is that I have another one in the garage for comparison. Between the transmission difference, and how different the brakes feel from one car to the other, it's like driving a totally different car.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
My dealer reflash has continued to solve all of my issues with the harsh coast downshifts and forward / reverse lunging. Once the reflash is performed, you or the dealer must perform a training road test sequence to make it work properly. This is critical. My dealer gave me the factory test drive directions and I performed the training which took about 30 minutes of driving.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
After clearing the adaptive strategy via Forscan, I have not experienced any of the harshness.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
After clearing the adaptive strategy via Forscan, I have not experienced any of the harshness.

Can you please share those instructions on how to clear the adaptive strategy for the 10R80 via Forscan?

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sure...Hopefully you are familiar with the software and have the correct adapter. If not, let me know and I can send you the Forscan software link and the laptop adapter I used to hook up to my car.

Click on the wrench button within FORscan. You will see several modules listed under the service procedures tab. Click on clear adaptive strategy for the PCM module. Then push the play button at the bottom of the FORscan GUI. Once complete, you should be set...

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost w/ PP
Well I have driven 1375miles on it and the condition hasn't resurfaced after the fix they did in the dealership.
Well I have driven 1375miles on it and the condition hasn't resurfaced after the fix they did in the dealership.
Hi Yusenkyo,
I've been having the same issue with my 2018 Mustang Ecoboost. When the engine warms up and I put it in drive the car jerks/kicks. Has this issue come back with your Mustang since you've re-flashed the transmission?
Thanks

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can hopefully answer that for you. I had my PCM re-flashed about two months ago so roughly 1500 miles. I had the jerk into drive, as well as the hard downshift/clunk from 4th to third and reluctance to downshift on acceleration. Gone - all of it (knocking on wood right now). Its like a whole new car. Wish I had done it sooner.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For anyone having 10R80 issues, I’ve put together a very good and detailed thread in the Transmission sub-forum that hopefully will benefit others:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hift-conditions-facts-and-resolutions.135463/

The common “pull the battery cable” or “reset the KAM” isn’t the fix IF you’re having extremely jerky, harsh or delayed shifts from the 10R80.

Also if the Service Center did do a trans software reflash and the issues persist after the reflash, it’s not a software problem. The 10R80 is an adaptive learning trans, however even after a true software update and the trans relearning the Driver’s driving habits, the shifts would not be jerky, harsh or delayed IF the initial problem was ONLY software related.

When a 10R80 is reflashed, the Tech must follow the Ford Service Procedures that instruct him to “relearn” the trans through redundant procedures. After the car is given back to the Customer, the Trans has already adapted to the new software update parameters and there should NOT be any harsh shifts at all - again IF the initial problem was ONLY software related.

If the Owner is still experiencing problematic shifts or functionality after a Dealer 10R80 software update - the problem is mechanical.

Read through the linked thread above - the info will help with diagnosis and can be used for instructing your Service Center on what they can do to diagnose and repair.

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost w/ PP
I can hopefully answer that for you. I had my PCM re-flashed about two months ago so roughly 1500 miles. I had the jerk into drive, as well as the hard downshift/clunk from 4th to third and reluctance to downshift on acceleration. Gone - all of it (knocking on wood right now). Its like a whole new car. Wish I had done it sooner.
Thank you for the info. Got a appointment for next week. Hopefully the issue will resolve.

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I literally had all the same problems that are mentioned here. I took it to the local dealership and they "could not replicate the problem," They reflashed my transmission and it was greatly improved for a little bit, but the same problems have come back... SIGH~~~

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I literally had all the same problems that are mentioned here. I took it to the local dealership and they "could not replicate the problem," They reflashed my transmission and it was greatly improved for a little bit, but the same problems have come back... SIGH~~~
Did they reflash the PCM or just the transmission? My PCM was reflashed as part of a TSB for the active exhaust. I wasn't expecting it to solve the tranny issues but it did.
Sponsored