Sponsored

2018 GT 10 Speed AUTO Owners Review

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
A10 isn't that much faster than the M6. It isn't the tranny, it's the car that is fast.
Has the M6 been tested yet? I know the A8 was far superior than the M6 in the alpha Camaro in terms of acceleration, I don't see why we'd expect a different outcome here.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
A10 isn't that much faster than the M6. It isn't the tranny, it's the car that is fast.
Clarify much faster?

I'd say that half second off the 60 time makes the A10 a lot faster.

Until we see quarter times no one knows but I'd bet stock manuals struggle to go faster than 12.5@115 to be honest, whereas its clear A10 is capable of high 11's at 120 trap speeds. Both cars bone stock!

yohoeimmattbro

Amateur Mexican
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Clarify much faster?

Until we see quarter times no one knows but I'd bet stock manuals struggle to go faster than 12.5@115 to be honest, whereas its clear A10 is capable of high 11's at 120 trap speeds. Both cars bone stock!
I'm with this. I had a '16 manual and drove it very skillfully. I race 1/8, but I was able to run .45 faster in my '17 auto all things the same. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who can drive the m6 anywhere near the levels the a10 will take you. Then comes the factor of consistency

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Only Auto I enjoy and liked is the PDK/Dual Clutch
is A10 just as good? I wanna go test drive one!

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Thank you Nasir
Can you tell us at wich speed goes each gears. May be just for the first to fith ?
I m wondering how much gear changes you need to do manually to do a 0-60 times.
Because there is one reviewer that said that with the 10 speed auto the transmission keeps changing gears fast so you are loosing the sound pleasure. That s why he recommands a manual 6 speed transmission

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thank you Nasir
Can you tell us at wich speed goes each gears. May be just for the first to fith ?
Because there is one reviewer that said that with the 10 speed auto the transmission keeps changing gears fast so you are loosing the sound pleasure. That s why he recommands a manual 6 speed transmission
Lol, A10 in sport paddle shift mode for noise.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
This car just ran 12.4? At 119.... it had like a 2.29 60 DA was very good also, like -1300. These cars are pretty sweet!!

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm with this. I had a '16 manual and drove it very skillfully. I race 1/8, but I was able to run .45 faster in my '17 auto all things the same. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who can drive the m6 anywhere near the levels the a10 will take you. Then comes the factor of consistency
2018 M6 has that no-lift shift, though.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

2018 M6 has that no-lift shift, though.
My thoughts exactly. Half a second isn't that much faster, but the manual is improved with no lift shift. I don't think there will even be a half second difference from the new M6 to the A10. The way people talk about the A10, you would think it has super powers :lol:.

Has the M6 been tested yet? I know the A8 was far superior than the M6 in the alpha Camaro in terms of acceleration, I don't see why we'd expect a different outcome here.
^
|
|

Clarify much faster?

^
|
|

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Can't wait to see a full blown test by C&D to see how they rank next to the SS.

They even the playing field between cars by correcting for temp, altitude, etc. The SS stick/auto ran 12.3's, hope the new Stang does better ...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I can see where that could be a bit disconcerting to people who are accustomed to automatic transmissions downshifting on coast the way they always have before.

It might even be slightly 'foreign' behavior to those MT drivers who have never done a rev-matched downshift themselves or been in a car with a driver who did. Let alone been a passenger where the driver rev-matched a manually commanded AT downshift.

My guess is that people who fall into either or perhaps both of those categories make up the vast majority of drivers, and that this is going to catch a lot of people by mild surprise. More 'WTF is going on' than 'hey, neat'.

Norm

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thank you Nasir
Go to 13:00 in the first video.

Anyone else notice how QUICK the trans downshifted when he punched it? Seemed almost instant. No hesitation AT ALL.

He was cruising in traffic in 7th at 40mph. He mashed the go pedal and the digit instantly switched to '3' and the car pulled to 65mph 6500rpm. Wow.

Amazing.
Sponsored