Sponsored

2017 Shelby GTE Unveiled

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
We could build a car for less but would lack almost all required compliance for Ford approval. One of the benefits of our close partnership is that Ford also finances 75% of our conversions through Ford Motor Credit. As a company, I have no interest in competing with online retailers or being the low price leader. We never have and it's simply not our market, as several others are very good at it. Again, I understand that this car isn't for everyone and it may be hard for the DIY'er to see the value past the sum of the highlight options you have seen published. Thanks!
I like your product. Customers that want an authentic Shelby will have no issues paying for this product. :ford:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

Now to your question! I have both active and passive cooling systems for the GT350 that have been in testing and some are modular to the GTs, Ecoboost and even the V6s. Current in-cars are differential (active), manual transmission (GT & GT350 active and passive) and oil (active and passive). We're just about to release the passive parts and packages and were still experimenting with quieter versions of the active systems. The ones that have passed durability and destruction are LOUD!
I'm not always on the forums but can always be reached by email [email protected].
Thanks again!
:cheers:
Since it looks like SAI is working on a solution that maybe what a lot of 2105/2016 GT350 base/tech owners are looking for... I invite you to come to the thread that we are discussing our every option; and give us what information you can

The thread is

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55937&page=52

Please join the discussion so we know work is being done and we are not left out in the "limp-mode"

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Not sure I like that hood. Is this the wrong GTE or is it the same as the Hertz car?

GTE-9.jpg
Agreed! To busy for my taste. What I'd like to know, if anyone could weigh in is this:

Do you think that the two front heat extractors are a direct replacement for the half the air volume, and directional turn signal lights that I can't even see while driving, just had to do something different on the 2016 model year heat extractors that are on my current 2016 GT???

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
Hey guys, if you want a 750+hp Mustang, I will build it for you for 18k, and it would be great quality. You will have everything you need to support the power too! Then, when I'm done with it, you can put what ever non-functional plastic and carbon fiber combinations on that you wish! If you like, I will also make you a little plate that you can stick in your car, to make you feel like your in a club.

I got on the Shelby website earlier, and found that the upgraded GTE for 750+hp was going to cost me over 50k ON TOP OF THE COST OF THE CAR! I love Shelby, but this is a JOKE. I hope that Shelby doesn't end up like Apple did. Once they lost Steve, everything went down the tube. Shelby needs to step up the game, or come down on the prices! :rant:

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
They should have included grill lights or something. It looks very similar to the premium GT.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
We could build a car for less but would lack almost all required compliance for Ford approval. One of the benefits of our close partnership is that Ford also finances 75% of our conversions through Ford Motor Credit. As a company, I have no interest in competing with online retailers or being the low price leader. We never have and it's simply not our market, as several others are very good at it. Again, I understand that this car isn't for everyone and it may be hard for the DIY'er to see the value past the sum of the highlight options you have seen published. Thanks!
To be fair to Shelby on this... Keith is right on this score. If you're a bargain hunter, this isn't the car for you. If you want some enhancements out of the gate with Ford approval and without warranty invalidation, and want to roll it into your loan, Shelby and Roush are the only games in town.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
To be fair there are a lot of other parts beyond the GT. I would guess it has the Ford Racing Suspension Track pack vs the street pack on the GT. Also the extra cooling parts for the track. I wonder the weight of the Shelby vs GT or EB.

I would suggest that if you want an out of the box Eco Boost track car the Shelby GTE is very good. If you want a V8 the 350 is worth the extra $. As and EB owner that working of the track idea, I am adding a lot of the parts in this car, but I not extremely mechanically oriented so am paying a good penny to have most of the parts put in. If you calculate the cost of upgrading for me the Shelby isn't so bad plus the jump in parts is more for the EB vs GT.

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
To be fair there are a lot of other parts beyond the GT. I would guess it has the Ford Racing Suspension Track pack vs the street pack on the GT. Also the extra cooling parts for the track. I wonder the weight of the Shelby vs GT or EB.

I would suggest that if you want an out of the box Eco Boost track car the Shelby GTE is very good. If you want a V8 the 350 is worth the extra $. As and EB owner that working of the track idea, I am adding a lot of the parts in this car, but I not extremely mechanically oriented so am paying a good penny to have most of the parts put in. If you calculate the cost of upgrading for me the Shelby isn't so bad plus the jump in parts is more for the EB vs GT.
Also, the difference you spend will probably worth it in resale value.

ie: if you spend $10,000k in mods yourself, the mods are basically worthless when you sell the car. In fact, they will probably hurt the resale value of the car. However, if you spent $18,000 on the Shelby package, it would probably increase the value of the car by $8-10k+ when you go to sell it.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
The only failures of Shelby to me was in 2013/2014 when they were putting the bumper & hoods on these cars that made them look 8 years old.

Examples: 2014 Shelby GT/CS & 2013 GT350

They took 13/14 cars that had the "GT500 front fascia" stock from Ford, and threw on the old style bumper hood from cars in the 2005-2010 era. It just made them look dated.

Once again, back to why some people are so harsh on Shelby or any aftermarket company is b/c Mustangs are relatively "cheap" cars, and DIY'ers / home garage grease monkeys like to tinker and work on them at home.

So Shelby isn't for everyone. Its for someone who wants a high quality turn key solution, also one that will actually hold some of its value. Where if you do the same mods yourself, the car isn't worth anything anymore as its a "molested" car.

This price point & package starts approaching GT350 territory if you start with a $40k GT Prem with PP pack and add an $18k package + transportation.

Now if you take a stripper $33k base GT + $18, you're only at $51k for a car set up with track suspension, added performance, that looks pretty sexy/high end, and will hold its value pretty nicely compared to a self modded car.
I will sell you my base M6-with a built motor with sleeved support/OPG/CG,3.2 KB with 8 rib upgrade/ATI damper, SW long tube headers(choice of cats or no cats) tuned by lund with N gauge for 14-18psi, fore triple pump return system/ID1000s,RXT twin clutch, MGW, one piece drive shaft, Ford racing axles, Steeda stop the hop package, BMR lowering springs, Viking adjustable shocks, Koni adjustable struts, APR splitter/bigworm racing stripes and GT350 steering wheel for less than that.
Hell,I will even throw in Race star wheels with Hoosier slicks and front runners.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Ford is still selling V6 mustangs for customers other than Fleet programs or women? :lol:
Just a riot you are! yuck yuck yuck. Yes 300HP on regular gas, 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and close to 30mph on the highway- plus the sound of it and yes, the V6 does sell to others than fleets and "women". If it wasn't for the "lesser" mustangs it's no secret that the nameplate wouldn't have ever lasted fifty years. And the performance of this car is better than most of the V8 models from the beginning all the way up til 2012. Just stating facts and not justifying my purchase, but I do hate when mustang owners make idiotic jokes about other people's cars. We're all in this club together and should treat eachother with respect. If that's not good with you then go buy a Camaro.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just a riot you are! yuck yuck yuck. Yes 300HP on regular gas, 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and close to 30mph on the highway- plus the sound of it and yes, the V6 does sell to others than fleets and "women". If it wasn't for the "lesser" mustangs it's no secret that the nameplate wouldn't have ever lasted fifty years. And the performance of this car is better than most of the V8 models from the beginning all the way up til 2012. Just stating facts and not justifying my purchase, but I do hate when mustang owners make idiotic jokes about other people's cars. We're all in this club together and should treat eachother with respect. If that's not good with you then go buy a Camaro.
Sooo you're the one.

Kidding! You're reply made actually me LOL so I had to.

:cheers::ford:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Also, the difference you spend will probably worth it in resale value.

ie: if you spend $10,000k in mods yourself, the mods are basically worthless when you sell the car. In fact, they will probably hurt the resale value of the car. However, if you spent $18,000 on the Shelby package, it would probably increase the value of the car by $8-10k+ when you go to sell it.
not really. the vin is still just a GT vin. just like roush.
Sponsored