2019 Kona Blue California Special

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'll be damned if I didn't want that hood w/scoops or air ducts for my Ecoboost! :D

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
How much lamer can you get...for 18k?

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Yawn...consider me underwhelmed.
Cool hood though.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
So basically if you have a PP GT, then the only real upgrade is the tuning and exhaust. The rest is exterior styling.
Yes, looks like Power Pack 2 - + 21hp

I'm going to just throw some parts ESTIMATES on here:

Performance:
- FRPP - Power Pack 2 - + 21hp - $950 parts
- FRPP cat back exhaust - $1400 parts
- Ford Performance handling pack - $1500 parts
- PP wheels - I'm guessing you should get a discount if you start with a PP car ? = $2,200+
- Shelby spec tires - probably Mich. Super Sports or Cup - $1500+

Exterior
- Shelby GTE hood & vents - $1000
- Shelby upper and lower grilles - $400
- Ford Performance front splitter - $500
- Shelby rocker panels - $400
- Rear spoiler - $400+
- Shelby GTE striping and badging - $400

Interior
- Serialized dash plaque and engine plate - $200
- Backlit ‘Shelby’ door sill plates - $300
- Headrests - $200
- Floor mats - $150

That's 11,500.00, PLUS LABOR for all of that stuff $5,000, plus they need some left over for profit.

I think it looks like a decent package of parts. Here's the problem, looks like they're "adding" PP wheels, but if you're building one of these cars I'd think you'd want to start with a GT with PP as Shebly isn't doing anything to the brakes. Now if 15" rotor brakes were part of the package, then saving the $3k on the PP helps pay for part of that $18k price tag. (effectively making it more like $15k)

I'd like to know if you have a PP car with the PP wheels already, do you get a discount from the $17,999.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Guys,
I've lurked for a really long time on this forum and one of the things I've noticed is how supportive and positive everyone typically is when it comes to the Mustang comunity. I own a 15 that I bought when they first came out and have really enjoyed my time on here and the threads of useful info. This one is hard to read, as I've been an employee of Shelby American for almost a decade. The negativity on the speculation here is dissapointing on this. I apreciate the honest opinions but would like positively offer myself to answer questions for you as part of the community. We're under embargo until tomm on the release but I'm happy to jump back on here and answers questions tomm night. What I can say is that we've been listening to our customers and we're pretty excited to offer this new vehicle to you. One of the most overlooked aspects to our company is our close, technical relationship with Ford and Ford Performance. Thanks and stay tuned! :cheers:

With appreciation and respect,
Keith S Criswell
[email protected]
I think most of the people were _very_ enthusiastic about Shelby (hard not be being Mustang fan). Just everything that has been released off S550 was - to say it straight - a disappointment. Cosmetically it was at least highly questionable at the price point where it made no sense, Ecoboost GT was purely ridiculous, Super Snake was a departure from what happened in the past that has been seen as just going after the money.
My absolutely personal opinion was that Shelby American had a lot of love within Mustang community that isn't there anymore after all recent releases. None of them lives up to Shelby's name.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Is the link broken? When I click the link to see the car I get an error 404. If someone could post up a pic, I'd really like to see what the car looks like. Sounds like the hood is cool.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure I like that hood. Is this the wrong GTE or is it the same as the Hertz car?

GTE-9.jpg

Last edited:

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
The only failures of Shelby to me was in 2013/2014 when they were putting the bumper & hoods on these cars that made them look 8 years old.

Examples: 2014 Shelby GT/CS & 2013 GT350

They took 13/14 cars that had the "GT500 front fascia" stock from Ford, and threw on the old style bumper hood from cars in the 2005-2010 era. It just made them look dated.

Once again, back to why some people are so harsh on Shelby or any aftermarket company is b/c Mustangs are relatively "cheap" cars, and DIY'ers / home garage grease monkeys like to tinker and work on them at home.

So Shelby isn't for everyone. Its for someone who wants a high quality turn key solution, also one that will actually hold some of its value. Where if you do the same mods yourself, the car isn't worth anything anymore as its a "molested" car.

This price point & package starts approaching GT350 territory if you start with a $40k GT Prem with PP pack and add an $18k package + transportation.

Now if you take a stripper $33k base GT + $18, you're only at $51k for a car set up with track suspension, added performance, that looks pretty sexy/high end, and will hold its value pretty nicely compared to a self modded car.
ShelbyGTE-3.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Couple thoughts, first looks like it isnt a bad deal really. As mentioned a striped car + this is not bad. Second, I like the PP myself so for example then trying to figure out what I would add for suspension,brakes etc. is a challenge in the configurator to me, but Im certain Shelby would help me. Can I have the PP and add the Wilwood rear brakes? Those types of things. Mind you that Im new to this, kind of, raced cars in the 70's and 80's but basically driven trucks since. So it is definitely something I would look into.

Can you buy the entire car from them? Or do you supply a donor?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Can you buy the entire car from them? Or do you supply a donor?
I believe they do both for new buyers or existing owners.
Shelby is not a manufacture. They are a mod company.
I honestly don't understand the collectiblility of Mustangs. I mean a classic Mustang yea. A modern one, not so much.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Reminds me of the 2007/2008 Shelby GT in that it is priced for badging. They were 40K plus ADM back then. You can get one for half the price now (except the 08 blue vert). You might as well get a GT350. Will hold better value.

:cheers:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Keith - can you elaborate on this as an option item? Is this something Shelby America may offer in the aftermarket as well?

"Track ready cooling systems: engine, transmission, brakes and differential"

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Merged, see first post for the full rundown.
Sponsored