2017 "R" $8K over, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Its a lease.... You want to put as little down as possible in a lease to reduce your risk and exposure. Its basic common sense. If the car is lost or stolen, guess what happens to the 5k taxes or the 2-3k fees when insurance writes a check to bmw financial services? They are gone.

The effective MF I have on this car translates to a little over 1.8%, thats essentially free money....
Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Its a lease.... You want to put as little down as possible in a lease to reduce your risk and exposure. Its basic common sense. If the car is lost or stolen, guess what happens to the 5k taxes or the 2-3k fees when insurance writes a check to bmw financial services? They are gone.

The effective MF I have on this car translates to a little over 1.8%, thats essentially free money....
Ahh, a lease. . . OK, I get it. I wasn't aware that Bimmer had 0% down leases on specialty cars, at least there is no advertisement for that. . . ANYWHERE.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I had a starbucks coffee this morning and I'm here for my public shaming.
You monster! You know you can just make your coffee at home for a fraction of the cost?!

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ahh, a lease. . . OK, I get it. I wasn't aware that Bimmer had 0% down leases on specialty cars, at least there is no advertisement for that. . . ANYWHERE.
How much you put down on a lease has nothing to do with the car being M or not. BMW also has MSDs which lower the finance rate on leases even more.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
I pay $930 a month for a 121k M5. I put 0 down. I rolled all fees in. I got over 20 grand below msrp on that "overpriced" M5.
I've got a rule on leases - if your monthly payment with $0 down is less than 1% of the MSRP it is a great deal. .77% is amazing. For, comparison a Panamera lease (and probably E63 as well) is probably closer to 2%.

$930 isn't affordable to a lot of folks but that is darn cheap for a big boy car.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

You realize a lease is a complete waste of money, you pay a grand a month and get nothing but the pleasure of renting a car in return, big negative ROI! YIKES!

<--leases 2 cars :ninja:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Lol

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
You realize a lease is a complete waste of money, you pay a grand a month and get nothing but the pleasure of renting a car in return, big negative ROI! YIKES!

<--leases 2 cars :ninja:
"Either construct a viable opinion against what I posted or leave personal attacks out. Grow up. Show me another car in this class that does what M5 does and consider how much I pay for it. M5 is the best value out there."

But it's about "class" . . . I don't know if that means social, economic or about the car?

No big surprise the loss you take on a Bimmer that one would lease. . got to give MCarsFan there some "credit." Just taking the car off the lot for 2-3K mile drive you lose about $30K - at least that's what used ones with such mileage are going for . . $30-40K less than a new one.

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
Are you guys trying to have a debate with Mcars? Don't waste your time. He refuses to enter into a discussion and answer questions. Eventually, he is going to cry about being attacked/insulted and get in his M and go home. Well, that is his lease has not expired.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are you guys trying to have a debate with Mcars? Don't waste your time. He refuses to enter into a discussion and answer questions. Eventually, he is going to cry about being attacked/insulted and get in his M and go home. Well, that is his lease has not expired.
I answered you in the other thread in a proper way but my answer got mixed up in the middle of all the other flaming.

I will get an R. Just not for 40k ADM. No need for name calling.

Sponsored

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
No, no you did not even attempt to answer me. There are several in the other thread waiting for your answer, but you have ran away. And yet again, not a shred of evidence of name calling from me, yet you keep it up. Keep at it though man, you will eventually be able to afford a GT350R. Maybe in a couple of years, they will have dropped down to your budget. Maybe.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Some feces are translucent...
Watered-down pooh

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
There's too much bickering in this thread. The ADM discussion seems to bring out strong opinions which degrade into fighting. Closing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.