Sponsored

2017 OW GT350R in South Carolina,

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If this was Lightning Blue with White Stripes, I would have driven up to my family that's in that area for Christmas and this car would be coming home with me. :)
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just off the truck today at my local dealership. Was going to be mine, but I am fairly infatuated with my Focus RS right now.

2017 OW GT350R
No stripes
Electronics package
$67,545 MSRP
$2500 ADM

Call Adele at McLaughlin Ford in Sumter, SC for contact. Not sure how negotiable they are, but never hurts to try.

Josh
Since I do not live all that far from Sumter I decided to call them this morning and see if they would move off of the $2500 ADM?

Spoke with a sales person by the name of Gary and he initially quoted me an ADM of $10,000 for this car after which time I told him that I understood that the car could be bought for less and asked him to see his GSM and wanted the best price for a fellow enthusiast who is looking for one at MSRP.

Got a call back from Gary a short while ago and the ADM is now down to $2000 and I suggest that they may move a little lower (could be wrong here) for anyone interested in making a firm offer.

Personally I really like the all OW car with no Black roof or stripes and reminds me of the way the original '65 GT350's came out of Carroll Shelby's Venice California location (all no stripe cars) before he moved in March 1965 over the the West Imperial Highway location by the LAX airport.

You can bet that you probably will not bump into another R model with this color combination and if you do it will be rare.

Good luck all you interested R model lookers!!

:cheers:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Smoking deal. 6 months ago this would have been a battle of 5-10 people trying to get the deal secured first, perhaps even offering more than what the dealer was asking. Amazing how times have changed.

And yet I've seen dealers with plain grey ones asking $20K over who think they are going to get it (COCKY). LMAO.

So glad I got mine when I did, I hate this pricing game. This car is very much a long term keeper in every respect to me, the car is a standout and is just more than numbers on a piece of paper (HP #'s, a historic name, etc.). If I could convince my wife to also drive an R, hell, I'd buy this one. :)

On Christmas day I took my R to some close friends house over an hour away (one way) and my wife commented about how comfortable the car was and how she loved the seats and how they felt on her back. It was a great way to cruise back and forth on a nice day. Valves open through town, closed on the highway. Just a great ride, even for a casual cruise. :)

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Dang, I hate to be picky, but if this car was a base model, I'd probably go against my better judgment and make the call. This is an awesome deal, though, for someone who wants all the bells-and-whistles.

Sponsored

LateBrakeU2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST DD, 350R, 15 Z/28
Dang, I hate to be picky, but if this car was a base model, I'd probably go against my better judgment and make the call. This is an awesome deal, though, for someone who wants all the bells-and-whistles.
If it were a base car it would be a 5k over deal..not so special. I have a 15Z too and those in base( non AC) are treated like lepers. I hear you loud and clear though:thumbsup:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was a base car they'd have a hard time moving it at $2K Under msrp. I've seen Base cars sit... and sit.. and sit when compared to optioned cars.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If it was a base car they'd have a hard time moving it at $2K Under msrp. I've seen Base cars sit... and sit.. and sit when compared to optioned cars.
The next time you see a base R sit and sit and when the purchase price for the car is priced at $2K under MSRP or even at MSRP do us all a favor and tell us where are these cars are sitting as that would be greatly appreciated.

Certainly the majority of R purchasers want the Electronics Package cars but I have a number of car buddies who prefer the base car therefore would like some of your leads with great pricing.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hell I may have bought a second one for that price. I’m the opposite, I’d pay less for the electronic package.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The next time you see a base R sit and sit and when the purchase price for the car is priced at $2K under MSRP or even at MSRP do us all a favor and tell us where are these cars are sitting as that would be greatly appreciated.

Certainly the majority of R purchasers want the Electronics Package cars but I have a number of car buddies who prefer the base car therefore would like some of your leads with great pricing.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
This car has sat for about a week at $2K over... when I was looking, Base cars were found for less ADM than fully optioned cars pretty easily and the Base cars I saw had a hard time moving.

Let's face it, we're at a different stage in the market right now. As an owner, I hope we see a surge at the beginning of the year.

Since I'm not actively searching for an R anymore, I doubt I'll be able to share any deals but I certainly will hit you up if I find or hear of a Base R at a good price! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This car has sat for about a week at $2K over... when I was looking, Base cars were found for less ADM than fully optioned cars pretty easily and the Base cars I saw had a hard time moving.

Let's face it, we're at a different stage in the market right now. As an owner, I hope we see a surge at the beginning of the year.

Since I'm not actively searching for an R anymore, I doubt I'll be able to share any deals but I certainly will hit you up if I find or hear of a Base R at a good price! :thumbsup:
It's the dead of winter and it's an oddball (no stripes, no black painted roof). Whoever ordered this car was not appealing to the masses. I wouldn't use this situation as a direct indicator of where the market is at.

I recall I bought HR361 at 2k ADM. The primary reason: the color of the car. Although I think tripple yellow with stripes is a cool combination, it does not appeal to the masses. Probably the same with a white car and no stripes.

I'd buy it and get a set of big worm graphics stripes and enjoy the savings.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It's the dead of winter and it's an oddball (no stripes, no black painted roof). Whoever ordered this car was not appealing to the masses. I wouldn't use this situation as a direct indicator of where the market is at.

I recall I bought HR361 at 2k ADM. The primary reason: the color of the car. Although I think tripple yellow with stripes is a cool combination, it does not appeal to the masses. Probably the same with a white car and no stripes.

I agree...then track the livin hell out of it. :thumbsup::D

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I'd love to wrap the roof and go...but every time I think this is a good idea, I remember my slanted driveway my regular splitter has issues with...then trying to not have nightmares finding a shop I'd trust to change out the tires. I had two turn me down when I had the 6GRs...cant imagine taking the real deal to a place here

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I agree...then track the livin hell out of it. :thumbsup::D
So tempting to dump the 392 and just have 2 Rs - 1 to drive the crap out of on the street with regular rubber and the other for track. Wife would kill me, though.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Only thing I see different is that this car would be super easy to add stripes to it or wrap the roof, and you saved the $475 factory option. If I was in the market right now, I'd buy this and just add the stripes myself.

There's no turning back from Yellow though unless you do a full body wrap (which I think is around $5K+?) And for the record, I like the yellow, I just wouldn't buy it.
Sponsored