Sponsored

2017 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
They'll really be pumping them out when the HP number comes back low on the 2018.
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2017 Ford Mustang GT Resale Value

They'll really be pumping them out when the HP number comes back low on the 2018.
Looks like its going to go up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wait til all the 2018 reviews start coming in. ;)

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Ordered my car on Monday, June 26th, yet I still haven't heard anything nor does my order number work. This is what it says when I put in correct info.

I actually have to wonder if someone misspelled my surname possibly, leading to such an error or they just haven't gotten to it yet, considering that when I put in the wrong information in the first two boxes, I get a different message.

Not sure what to do here, as I am already hearing rumors from another dealer that there were no more GT allocations left as of Thursday, even though I had long since skipped during business with them roughly 2 weeks ago and chose another dealer last weekend.

On Friday, one lady at Ford marketing stubbornly insisted that the 18MY goes into production in August for early November delivery and was already available for ordering. I thought she was full of it, so I called my dealer and then Ford back (1-800-334-4375), to hear from someone else, that claimed he didn't he "unfortunately" did not have such info, but that I shouldn't worry.

My sales guy is claiming that they had to ask a favor regarding allocation, to get my order in. What should I expect? A rejected or cancelled order?
Screenshot (127).jpg
Screenshot (128).jpg

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
A lot of us had to wait a few weeks before anything showed up in the system.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Last edited:

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of us had to wait a few weeks before anything showed up in the system.
If only that was the sole problem, as what I am now hearing is that my order may not be placed at all in the end. I put down a $500 deposit on June 26th, for my car. Dealer sales guy spoke to his manager and said they'll be able to do it, so I left a cash deposit.

I heard on June 30th from a competing dealer that Ford has "stopped building" 2017 GTs as of circa the last week of June or no more GT allocations.

The next week, I also started wondering why I hadn't gotten either a VOC or D.O.R.A., so I was finally able to get in touch with the guy in charge of ordering and he said an exception had to be made, that I should check in with him by Wednesday, July 5th.

I checked with him then and he said my order was "accepted", but it would still be another week (next Wednesday) before he'd know if it can be done with the options I chose. I called this Monday, with him saying he still needed until Wednesday or Thursday to see if Ford would accept my order.

Today, I called him and he didn't pick up, so I left a polite inquiry message. He in return left me a message, saying that my order still hasn't been confirmed and likely won't be processed at all, all despite me placing it on June 26th.

On Monday though, I have been in parallel calling in and checking with Ford Marketing at 1-800-334-4375 and spoke to a number of representatives, that have given me varying info.

The two male representatives I have spoken to so far, told me my order and dealer code shows my order "in processing" (initially didn't show internally at FM on June 30th/pre-July 4th), that I shouldn't worry and get in touch with my dealer as well.

The two other representatives I spoke to each on June 30th and July 10th, have given me some of the most negative information. The first one pretty much threw around dates, with her pretty much saying I have no chance (6/30) and should get a 2018. The second one claimed my order didn't exist in their system and that I needed to hear from my dealer (7/10), as she didn't see anything valid.

I spoke again to one of two FM representatives, who reconfirmed for me my order was indeed still in the system and apologized on behalf of his colleague misleading me for peculiar reasons.

I really cannot understand of this BS, as yes I do understand Ford is in the middle of a model year changeover, but considering the lead time I allowed, to ensure my order went through, this really doesn't make sense at all.

I haven't exactly ordered a GT350, only a high-spec GT Premium PP. Does Ford not realize that there are still people buying Mustang GTs in the meantime? Why is it that magically they have "decided" to stop building GTs? All these claims I am hearing from these dealers don't fully compute, as it's not like I placed an order last week.

The 2018 is not even going to be available to customers until mid-November to early December, which is partly why I have discounted it as a consideration for me (some colors look good). So why is it a customer order, placed well before ordering opens for the 2018 being treated as a burden and impossible to do? Please I would like some feedback on this, if anyone can help. I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Last edited:

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Often order cutoff dates occur well in advance of when you can order the next model year ( you can search for these dates for past years too see for yourself). I'm sure the dealer wants the sale so it is in there interest to get it through.

I don't know if hard dates have been published here for 17 order banks closing. With the changes for 18 being more significant than say 16 to 17, the process is more involved. Dates can slip as production issues for the 18 are found. They already are building 18s alongside the 17s for preproduction testing.

Unfortunately I only see 2 options: 1- wait it out, 2- cancel your order and buy on already on the lot somewhere.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Often order cutoff dates occur well in advance of when you can order the next model year ( you can search for these dates for past years too see for yourself). I'm sure the dealer wants the sale so it is in there interest to get it through.

I don't know if hard dates have been published here for 17 order banks closing. With the changes for 18 being more significant than say 16 to 17, the process is more involved. Dates can slip as production issues for the 18 are found. They already are building 18s alongside the 17s for preproduction testing.

Unfortunately I only see 2 options: 1- wait it out, 2- cancel your order and buy on already on the lot somewhere.
I have actually studied ordering for MY 2015 and MY 2016, seeing that even people who placed orders after the deadlines, still got their cars in some cases.

In seeing July 17 and 24th as the earliest dates for MY 2018, I felt that June 26th was cutting a little close, but still early enough.

I believe my salesman is eager to get me what I want, but I am very much doubting the special ordering guy, who comes across as someone that sees me as a burden that "should just buy one on the lot" and forget about my order.

At this point, if I am forced compromise too much in buying off the lot, I'll probably no longer consider a Mustang until 2021. By then, I could very likely no longer consider it a purchase consideration. Only a used 2016 at this point with the right options, would make up for this, since I am not seeing any 2017s that I would want nearby.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My order, placed days before the so called deadline, was rejected today according to the dealer inventory manager. Quite absurd, as I never even got a VOC nor DORA. Will try to get my money back and currently studying a loophole with another local dealer.

Most likely may never get my dream Mustang, that I waited 14 years for. Such BS, as it is not my fault the dealer orders random spec GTs that aren't worth throwing money away on.

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
For what it is worth the dealers don't pick the stock ford does...they get what ford sends.

Sorry to hear about what happened

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For what it is worth the dealers don't pick the stock ford does...they get what ford sends.

Sorry to hear about what happened
Thanks, that makes more sense to me. The other dealership out of 3-4 local Ford dealers, which is 35 minutes away from me, took my information on Friday and then altered an existing order allocation for a regular 2017 GT and edited it to reflect my configuration.

They are still waiting on Ford to pick up my order. However, I had forcefully gotten back my deposit on Saturday from the first dealer and money returned in my account yesterday.

Today, that inventory manager called me 3 hours ago and then said Ford "might be able to pickup your order". I have until tomorrow to restart that.

Do any of you think this is possibly BS? I am only willing to go back to them, unless the dealer I am working with right now can't give me an update by tomorrow.

My idea is to make them sign a mutually binding agreement, that I will only accept a 2017 GT Premium 401A 6-Speed manual with the very options and color choice(s) I specified and that my deposit must be refundable on no uncertain terms until vehicle delivery.

I am thinking they are trying to get me into a 2018 and just want my deposit back. If the 2018 would be out by October, I would consider it, but it arrives too late for me.

I don't want to walk away from the second dealer, that haven't requested a deposit yet and actually have allocation left, but are still waiting to hear from Ford.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I think the first dealer lost your business when they were not being helpful and not giving you updates. The second dealer sounds like they are working for you.

I doubt you'll get a dealer to sign anything. Where I am, the deposit is refundable until I decide to actually take delivery. Also when I factory ordered my car I signed a bill of sale for the factory order that identified all the options I selected.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the first dealer lost your business when they were not being helpful and not giving you updates. The second dealer sounds like they are working for you.

I doubt you'll get a dealer to sign anything. Where I am, the deposit is refundable until I decide to actually take delivery. Also when I factory ordered my car I signed a bill of sale for the factory order that identified all the options I selected.
Thanks, I agree with you in feeling they no longer deserve my business. While I would like for nothing more, than to give them the finger and just stay put, I am bit worried about this below from another thread.

Ford is telling us dealers (in this week's commodities report) that '17 Mustangs with the 5.0L V8 (GT's) and also GT's with the Performance Pkg will not be scheduled for the balance of the model year unless it is a retail order (order type 1 with a customer's name on the order). Perhaps your dealer ordered your car for dealer stock (order type 2). Ask them for a copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) to see what order type they chose.

Additionally, even if your dealer ordered it correctly, perhaps they do not have any Mustang allocation left for 2017's (for example, I've already run out of 2017 Mustang allocation so I can't get any more scheduled). If this is the case, your dealer's Ford Zone Rep can likely move an allocation from another dealer within your dealer's zone to cover your order, but your dealer has to know to ask for it. A quick email to the Ford scheduler is helpful, as well, and I've had good luck talking directly with the Ford scheduler assigned to my region.
I was about ready to accept no Mustang and move on in the event the second dealer can't do it either, but the timing factor has me wondering if the first dealer is really serious and if the newer dealer might be hopeless in their pursuit to help me via their own dealer-ordered inventory.

At this point, I have told myself that all I really care about is getting the exact vehicle I want and the dealer that can guarantee it first, gets my business. The first dealer got $40,000 worth of business from me recently, not including the Mustang order.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And...it went through and is now on COTUS! First dealer wasn't lyin'! Heading back to leave my deposit. Second dealer isn't really answering their phone and my contact there has a day off, not replying to my messages nor emails. Nice as they were, I will go back to the other one. Plenty of good news today.
Sponsored