Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT cloth vs leather

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it all leather or leather/vinyl? is it the black color? PM if considering selling please
It is black with white stitching. Front and back with headrest covers - Coupe only and has maybe 40 miles on them. They are in perfect shape and I never installed them. They are new as they came in the box. Its the factory leather seat covers so its a combo of leather/vinyl. I also have brand new black leather seat belt straps to go along with it. Will sell for 450 with free shipping.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have a PPPP
Premium Pack Performance Pack ...giggle..

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
My '15 GT PP has the cloth recaros. I love the seats but they're definitely not that easy to get out of or in b/c of the bolstering. But I'm used to it. They're definitely way better than the base cloth seats IMO.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
My 17 GT PP Premium has leather recaros. They smell like leather, and arent hard to get out of. No worse than the leather take offs I put on my v6. I am slow to get out, because I don't want to wear out the bolster or kick my door panel and scuff it. I will say that I don't like how the recaros don't have a seat belt strap. If I take my seat belt off, I have to be mindful not to just let go, or the belt will just slap the B pillar. I need to reach back and place the buckle more carefully.

I thought I'd hate the leather recaros, but they're actually pretty comfortable.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Today, I went from a 2017 Mustang GT, to a 2017 Mustang GT PP Blacked Out (don't ask; but, God is good!!).

What I've noticed thus far are:
- it seems much easier to get in/out of the car
- the seat belt doesn't seem to choke me to death

So, is it merely because the Mustang is a PP, or simply leather 'feels' different, hence the ease to get in/out of the car?

Surely this isn't just me, right, a mental thing?

Thanks
Ivan

Buys PP and seats are easier to move in... not exactly what you want on the track or under aggressive driving conditions is it? If Ingress/egress is a priority might I suggest a Lincoln Navigator ?:shrug:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I specifically got the cloth Recaros because I was going to use it as a track toy.

37153108490_64cc3d00b8_b.jpg

I love these seats.

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Buys PP and seats are easier to move in... not exactly what you want on the track or under aggressive driving conditions is it? If Ingress/egress is a priority might I suggest a Lincoln Navigator ?:shrug:
Kind of a BS comment.

Most of us will drive these 99% on the street and 1% on the track.

It's obvious why ingress/egress is a priority to most of us. It's a reason why I use the easy entry/exit feature with the power seats.

Why live in misery for 99% of the time.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
My '15 GT PP has the cloth recaros. I love the seats but they're definitely not that easy to get out of or in b/c of the bolstering. But I'm used to it. They're definitely way better than the base cloth seats IMO.

I wish I could have got the cloth Recaro seats instead of leather with the Premium package. That was the only thing I would have changed about my order. I have relatively long legs, so I have to just fall out of the car when I get out. It is always awkward.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I really like the base cloth seats. Only gripe is cleaning them. If you own pets such as cats or dogs with light fur it tangles in the fabric like barbs and sometimes has to be plucked out one hair at a time. Super annoying but i can live with it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Oh good. Maybe we can have a manual vs auto thread after this. Or maybe a premium vs regular gas thread.
60268879_zpsckghmbu5.jpg

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Oh good. Maybe we can have a manual vs auto thread after this. Or maybe a premium vs regular gas thread.
The Premium vs. Regular thread makes me want to bash my skull in the keyboard I'm using to type this...

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
With some of the responses here, people wonder why others even bother returning to forums, or even sharing/posting.

Regardless, thanks to those that responded constructively.
Sponsored