2017 Mustang GT cloth vs leather

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Heated seats feel good on the back and butt. Cooled seats feel good on your nads(balls).

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
The only part of the seats that are leather are the actual seat (what your butt sits on) and back (what your back rests on). Everything else is vinyl and poor quality vinyl at that (ask me how I know). I was able to get them to replace my drive seat because a hole had worn on the bolster (vinyl) from getting in and out of the car. They replace the seat covering. Well, here we are a year later and another hole has worn in identically the same spot and Ford will not do anything about it, even though the car is still under full warranty. I am currently looking at purchasing some neoprene fitted seat covers to cover the driver and passenger front seats. I had a 2014 Honda Accord V6 with EVERYTHING in it including leather seats. ALL of the seat was leather not just part of it. Best seats I have ever seen in a car and I paid less for that car than I did my Mustang. Ford really screwed customers when the put those partially leather seats in the car. They don't wear well at all and your stuck either replacing them or buy really expensive seat covers because of the poor quality of the seats.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
The seats aren't leather, they're not naugahyde, or anything similar. It's vinyl. All of it. The seating surface, side bolsters, backs....everything.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Been that way for years and years. Most of the seat coverings advertised as "Leather" are actually vinyl. Wait until it starts to wear, and you'll see and understand the truth of what I'm saying. As it ages it turns more plasticky, and when it cracks you can see that it's vinyl with a mesh under it.
Actually, yes they are, or at least the bottom and back are, albeit very cheap, very thin leather attached to a mesh or cloth backing. As others have noted, the rest of the seat is not leather, but the seating surface is. Not vinyl. :frusty:

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone in here have the Premier upgrade? Because I believe they have full leather on the entire seat. Mine has it and definitely does not feel cheap, the sides feel the exact same as the seat bottom. The only thing I would venture to say is vinyl is the little magnetic seat belt retention loop on the side.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Does anyone in here have the Premier upgrade? Because I believe they have full leather on the entire seat. Mine has it and definitely does not feel cheap, the sides feel the exact same as the seat bottom. The only thing I would venture to say is vinyl is the little magnetic seat belt retention loop on the side.
Premier trim on the 15-17 and 401A on the 2018 is real leather. The Premiums (400a) on both cars is vinyl. The premier trim feels, looks, and smells vay naice. It was an option that everyone who got a Premium Mustang should have selected, since ~350 for soft touch surfaces and leather seats is a steal. Now we have to pay $2,200 to get that. :headbonk:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Premier trim on the 15-17 and 401A on the 2018 is real leather. The Premiums (400a) on both cars is vinyl. The premier trim feels, looks, and smells vay naice. It was an option that everyone who got a Premium Mustang should have selected, since ~350 for soft touch surfaces and leather seats is a steal. Now we have to pay $2,200 to get that. :headbonk:
Premium has leather center sections with vinyl matched sides. None of the real leather on any of the mustangs are particularly nice (very very thin).

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Premium has leather center sections with vinyl matched sides. None of the real leather on any of the mustangs are particularly nice (very very thin).
Notice we are talking about Premier, not Premium. You can add Premier to the Premium package but it is not the default.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Notice we are talking about Premier, not Premium. You can add Premier to the Premium package but it is not the default.
Notice my response was quoting the premium from the previous poster, not premier. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Ahh, I misread. Most people think they are the same thing when referring to them.
All good. I'm curious to see which ones hold up better over time (vinyl vs leather).

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If you wanted high quality leather, you probably should have bought an Audi aka a more expensive car. This is a Mustang. It's a real shocker that the leather isn't top tier... /sarcasm

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
If want nice leather buy set of katskin covers better than factory

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
If you wanted high quality leather, you probably should have bought an Audi aka a more expensive car. This is a Mustang. It's a real shocker that the leather isn't top tier... /sarcasm
Good imitation leather is better than cheap leather. It feels about the same and definitely wears better than cheap leather.
Sponsored