Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT cloth vs leather

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
On the 2018 the leather looks tightly stretched, may be more comfortable. :shrug:
It's probably just the angle of the photo, but the side bolsters look smaller on the 18' seats than what I have on my 16' seats.
Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ive got a new take off leather kit for mine...came off a car with 40 miles on it (Athens Ford in GA - Roush conversion i believe). Now I'm considering selling them. My cloth is easy to clean up with one of those lint roller things and I really dont mind the cloth at all TBH. 450 OBO plus shipping if anyone is interested. Also have the black leather seatbelt straps too to go along with this.

Last edited:

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
cloth recaros are pretty dope. dont have any issues getting in or out. they have held up perfectly for almost 10k miles so far. they look brand new minus some hair here and there from the damn dog. they arent blistering hot in the summer or ice cold in the winter and ive never been that sweaty from sitting in them for long periods of time.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Air Conditioner Seats & Women

Is it just me, or does it almost feel like you're peeing when the air conditioned seats are on?

;)

My wife says to leave it off it makes her want to pee. Or she feels like she peed in her panties. So my Stang makes my wife feel like she is wet. I know there are a few good jokes in that statement. :lol:

Last edited:

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Ive got a new take off leather kit for mine...came off a car with 40 miles on it (Athens Ford in GA - Roush conversion i believe). Now I'm considering selling them. My cloth is easy to clean up with one of those lint roller things and I really dont mind the cloth at all TBH.
Is it all leather or leather/vinyl? is it the black color? PM if considering selling please

Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have always had leather.......My 2015 I went with cloth and I could not be happier
As mentioned previously car mfgs arent even leather,its bullshit inserts of leather surrounded by cheap fake leather.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't most of the Premium type models delivered with 'leather'? Even if you wanted cloth, wouldn't that be a special order or sorts?

Merely curious...

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
...on a side note. I was at my local Ford dealership yesterday (picking up seat belt extenders for my Mustang - to help prevent the seat belt choking me!). I digress

There was a Shelby GT350, with Recaro seats. It was all suede looking ;)
But, my goodness did the Recaro's look uncomfortable!

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
...on a side note. I was at my local Ford dealership yesterday (picking up seat belt extenders for my Mustang - to help prevent the seat belt choking me!). I digress

There was a Shelby GT350, with Recaro seats. It was all suede looking ;)
But, my goodness did the Recaro's look uncomfortable!
They are OK if you are on at recommended BMI or smaller. I'm 6' 185lbs and they are snug but OK. If I were any bigger it would be uncomfortable.

The suede like material is Alcantara, which is the skin off a rare half ostrich, half wildebeast that lives in the hinterland on the boarder between Puru and Austria.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
On the 2018 the leather looks tightly stretched, may be more comfortable. :shrug:
Pretty sure those are renderings so of course they will look perfect.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I always option for leather interior.
It's easier to clean.. especially if you let your dogs ride in the car.
I HATE IT, when dog fur gets interwoven into the fabric of cloth seats.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I always option for leather interior.
It's easier to clean.. especially if you let your dogs ride in the car.
I HATE IT, when dog fur gets interwoven into the fabric of cloth seats.
Yes.. nothing like picking hairs out one by one.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Yes.. nothing like picking hairs out one by one.
Sometimes some packing tape or scotch tape works... :frusty:
Still isn't as easy as just wiping it up on leather. :headbang:

phx70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP-Lightning Blue
Aren't most of the Premium type models delivered with 'leather'? Even if you wanted cloth, wouldn't that be a special order or sorts?

Merely curious...
Yes, the Premium Mustangs only come with Leather...Or fake leather. The only way I know of to get cloth seats on the Mustangs, is to pass up on all the bells and whistles on the premium mustangs (Larger backup camera screens, optional GPS, lane change assist, upgraded pedals, lighted horse emblem on mirror, garage door opener, etc.) and just go with the BASE model trim. You can tell which mustangs are the Premium trim or Base trim without looking in the window. The premiums black rocker trim extends to the rear bumper. All base models will have the entire rear bumper the same as the body color. The Premiums also have the little satellite radio/GPS "fin" at the roof line by the rear window. I'm not sure if anyone could order a custom Premium trim Mustang with cloth seats. If you could, you'd have one rare mustang down the road.
Sponsored