Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the post. I followed up, and they want $5K over.
Not surprised, I bet I answered a dozen "Bait & Switch" internet ads when I was looking for a Boss 302 where the dealer listed the car at a discount but said it was a "mistake" when I called them.......that certainly looked too good to be true for a '17.

R1Jester

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If anyone is interetesed in a open '17 allocation, I do know of a dealership that is still waiting to sell. I think right now the price is $1k over MSRP (basically covering the cost they paid to be able to order the car). Nothing in it for me. Just send me a PM and I'll pass on the info.

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I hope you politely thanked them for wasting your time. :mad:
I have never seen a car dealer complain about the bad reputation they have among the general public. My sense is the majority of them own it without remorse.......

I recall being at a dealer for service and could overhear someone in an office listening to a voice mail from an irate customer. The guy was calling his fellow employees into his office to listen and they were all laughing about it.....there was some karma in the end as the owner of this dealership got into some huge legal hot water for fraudulent dealings with a manufacturer....:thumbsup:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
MSRP here in Denver....but dam it is still a huge payment....

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
I have never seen a car dealer complain about the bad reputation they have among the general public. My sense is the majority of them own it without remorse.......

I recall being at a dealer for service and could overhear someone in an office listening to a voice mail from an irate customer. The guy was calling his fellow employees into his office to listen and they were all laughing about it.....there was some karma in the end as the owner of this dealership got into some huge legal hot water for fraudulent dealings with a manufacturer....:thumbsup:

Fwiw, I know the owner of a massive ford dealership. They've got multiple locations.

And I've heard him consistently say that he and his team go to great lengths to keep people happy. They spend a lot of money dedicating resources to it too. Apparently, to them, it's a pretty big deal.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I hope you politely thanked them for wasting your time. :mad:
Well, considering his current stable I'll assume he was actually calling just to check pricing and not actually buy. I could be wrong, but with an R in the garage seems unlikely he was buying a 17 350. So maybe they wasted others time?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Had this bait and switch tactic tried on me when I was looking for my GT350 as well.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well, considering his current stable I'll assume he was actually calling just to check pricing and not actually buy. I could be wrong, but with an R in the garage seems unlikely he was buying a 17 350. So maybe they wasted others time?
Maybe I am missing something here but calling to confirm a very good price on a new GT350 and then communicating that back to the rest of our members is wasting each others time?

Possibly this individual was sincerely interested in this car and even if he wasn't at least we all know now how this particular dealership operates from a moral and ethical business standpoint.

:cheers:

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I am missing something here but calling to confirm a very good price on a new GT350 and then communicating that back to the rest of our members is wasting each others time?

Possibly this individual was sincerely interested in this car and even if he wasn't at least we all know now how this particular dealership operates from a moral and ethical business standpoint.

:cheers:
Like I said, "maybe".

But it sounds like we are both making assumptions.

Who knows? Only the gentleman that called. Maybe he will chime in. Not really important. Just sticking up for dealerships a little, regardless of the true intentions of his original sleuthing call.

It is tough dealing with customers.

Please understand, I'm not defending this specific dealership. Especially in light of the information that they were clearly lying. It's a terrible practice.

But damn it's hard to be in sales and deal with customers.

OP
OP

Tell3131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Went to dealership today and they said it was for sale for $5000 over MSRP. I asked why the price on the internet and they said it was a mistake. I click on the link now and it is $5000 over (or maybe more). So they "fixed" it...

My perception at least in KC area is that these are not selling as well as they first did. Maybe the guys that wanted them and willing to pay over MSRP has or is reaching its limit, I guess time will tell.
Sponsored