Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
I wish I had the disposable income to risk my vehicle on a track. If I wrecked it I'd be so screwed.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wish I had the disposable income to risk my vehicle on a track. If I wrecked it I'd be so screwed.
You should try a high performance driving school. It's a blast and you don't have to try to beat anyone. The instructor should yell at you if you are trying to race or go 10 10ths anyway.

I remember my one and only time I've done a HPDE. There was this 'vette that was in my way a few times. He was being SUPER careful on the corners. I'm sure the car was faster than my 2015 GT, but the driver sure wasn't.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
HPDE definitely. Try it at least once. If you listen well to the instructor and drive with discipline, you'll progress from novice to internediate to advance in a timely manner. Think smooth (or slower in) and fast out... there are many reasons they prodess that.

Learn the driving lines, learn your car's behavior & grip when it's near limits, practice track etiquette, build your skills and most of all have fun especially with this new Shelby... it's not a race but it'll be a blast!

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There are a few companies that do HPDE insurance. It'd run you about $300 per event for the value of the GT350, but it's better than risking the whole car if you just want to do a day here and there.

I've used Lockton before, the policy is easy to buy online but I've never had to claim anything.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Buddy of mine had a claim with them and it was fine.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So, if you hit someone else on the track and don't have race day insurance. Who pays?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Blue Stripes Tech ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

Lexist2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STi
This is a invitee's experience to Laguna Seca. Fast forward to 3:35, most of that was his drive to the track. While there he was spectating from the sidelines and the roars of the 350's is just sex. Really like the yellow with black stripes , stands out from the crowd, I think I'll nickname it "yellow jacket"

[ame]

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Not to get off topic but it can happen. Kinda like this guy...I heard the car was totaled. I don't think his insurance covered it either. Race day insurance is a good idea.

[ame]

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
So, if you hit someone else on the track and don't have race day insurance. Who pays?
Usually, the person at fault is expected to make it right. But a vast majority of all track day incidents only involve one car. Usually, you hit a wall or you dig in after an off and roll your car. But your HPDE insurance is only covering your car; it's not liability insurance. So if by some bad action on your part you turn directly into another car, open thy wallet.

But you shouldn't be do that anyway because you're not likely to be going double file into a corner unless you're in advanced run-groups where you should to be more aware of your surroundings and less white-knuckled. Out of dozens of track days, I've only been present for one incident involving two cars.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Motor Trend review said:

"Stamped right atop ours, it reads, "Hand-Built With Pride" on the Romeo niche line. Ours was crafted and signed by Gary Marston and Jeff Hamblin. "

Is this only for pre production cars? i cant imagine there is any "hand-built" element to the final production cars that we are all getting, is there? sorry im not familiar with this and what exactly does that mean?
My 2012 GT500 had a plate on the engine too(All SVT cars do). These two guys also built my Shelby motor. The personalization is nice.

Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Thanks for posting! I'm actually in several of those shots, including one where I'm ducking out of the camera's view...and one where you can hear my obnoxious laugh :D.

Must have been in the blue group with me. :ford:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I hope it's just pre-production but check out the way the rear diffuser fits to the bumper cover. First 30 seconds or so of this:
[ame]

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I hope it's just pre-production but check out the way the rear diffuser fits to the bumper cover. First 30 seconds or so of this:
You're talking about the little gap? If so, that's just an issue of the rear fascia not being fully/correctly snapped together in place on the bumper cover. Likely just an alignment tab that is slightly out of place. I wouldn't worry.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You're talking about the little gap? If so, that's just an issue of the rear fascia not being fully/correctly snapped together in place on the bumper cover. Likely just an alignment tab that is slightly out of place. I wouldn't worry.
Yeah - you can see the holes all along the edge. Just interesting to me. These demo cars had to go through a somewhat manual build process...that would be a fun job, I think!

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Blue Stripes Tech ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP
They will sell you any insurance policy you want even for a multi-car smash up, but it'll cost you. Single car events are more affordable. See if they will do a multi-event package if you plan on more than one track day. Most insurance agencies will customize a policy for anything you can imagine. $$$$
Sponsored