Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Verdomix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, PP
Stuff un my garage...

Wheels/tires with TPMS.
Stanginator front emblem
LED's (interion/exterior)

Soon to come: (before the car)

Exhaust (Undecided)
Black emblems
Sto-n-sho license plate holder.
Steeda rear spoiler (on order)

Upgrades shortly after car shows up:

Lowering springs (Undecided)
Other suspension upgrades for wheel hop reduction

The wait is killing me....
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
:eyebulge:
Deysha, I hope you mean scheduling for production next month? Surely it won't be another month until we learn build dates and such?
Next month, that is soooooooooooo far away. :eyebulge:

Think of it, i'm fine with that if that gives them more time to fix all quality issues '15 owners were having.
/Starts crazily rocking back and forth in the corner
Ha, ha!! Tell me about it! My dealer e-mailed me on Saturday to tell me about the OTT racing stripes that I added... and then tells me he's going on vacation till the 21st August! Says there'll 'probably' be an update while he's away, and he'll be sure to update me when he returns! Agh!! It's like waiting for Christmas! :)
Yes, guys. Retail orders should start scheduling (receiving VINs) next month. I’m going to need you guys to check in with your doctors and get your meds. Lol!!

Yeah, pretty much going crazy over the wait. Maybe there will be some news come scheduling day this Thursday now that the OK to buy date has passed. I ordered from Koons and they're a pretty high volume dealership, hoping it that helps me get an earlier allotment. Then maybe I'll stop buying things for a car I don't have. Been eyeing the GT350 steering wheel and FRPP Sport exhaust a little too much.
There won’t be any scheduling done this week, MDRN. Also, the OK to Buy date has not passed yet.

I have been lurking on these forums for a couple of months now. I would like to say thanks to everyone for the information that has been posted!

I pulled the trigger and ordered my 2016 GT Premium back on July 3rd.
This will be my first mustang after years of wanting/thinking about getting one.
Woo hoo!! Welcome and congrats, QTTim! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Thanks Deysha :cheers: You're the best :first: I'll send you a PM towards the end of the month for an update:thumbsup:
You’re very welcome, SC_Ruby!!

Just got off the phone with Ford customer service and they told me my mustang is still in production with an estimated delivery of the 16th-22th. Praying it will be closer to the 16th:ford:
It finished building yesterday, wcamp11. It’ll now get released and put out to await shipment within the next few weeks.

Sorry for the dumb question but what's the difference between stock order and retail order?
Stock orders are dealer inventory orders, and retail are customer special orders, RUke.

Deysha

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Yikes. First world problem, this wait is...

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Yikes. First world problem, this wait is...

Just think... Waiting like this is normal for buyers in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Psychic Paper

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
They had to wait 50 years! :headbonk:

I mean specially the dealership model in Europe is more of a showroom than large lots of dealer stock. You order the exact car you want instead of hoping to find what you want on the lot or settle for a different color or missing feature. This is why European cars also often have many more options, trims, and colors than their US counterparts. US buyers are conditioned by decades of "instant gratification" of driving a car off the lot, so the dealer is only going to order color and option combinations they know will sell at the highest volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Psychic Paper

Syracuse315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I mean specially the dealership model in Europe is more of a showroom than large lots of dealer stock. You order the exact car you want instead of hoping to find what you want on the lot or settle for a different color or missing feature. This is why European cars also often have many more options, trims, and colors than their US counterparts. US buyers are conditioned by decades of "instant gratification" of driving a car off the lot, so the dealer is only going to order color and option combinations they know will sell at the highest volume.
Oh I know, was just messing around. (Former London resident)

Spending $30k+ on a car, I just don't understand how some people are ok with losing out on multiple features that are available for their car. All they have to do is wait it out. :shrug:

Verdomix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, PP

Spending $30k+ on a car, I just don't understand how some people are ok with losing out on multiple features that are available for their car. All they have to do is wait it out. :shrug:
Some people would go though 2 or 3 different cars while we wait... :crazy:

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Just think... Waiting like this is normal for buyers in Europe.

For a decent look at the subject of American vs EU buying habits on cars, check out this article:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/04/no-fixed-abode-paved-manuals-put-four-door-coupe/

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
That's the exact article I had read on the subject :)
:(
It took me 20 minutes to find that article.
And another 40 minutes to read through the other ones I found while searching. ;)

And if the estimates are correct my car is probably done being built. WOOHOO!

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I was to order now when should I expect the car maybe like December??? Or November?

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Late October or November would be a good guess.

Thank you! I told my dealer I wanted to place the order September 7th to make sure the car gets here as close to December as possible. It's my graduation present, I want to make sure i get my MBA in style lol.

QTTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Woo hoo!! Welcome and congrats, QTTim! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.
Deysha
Thanks Deysha!

PM has been sent!
Sponsored