Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Yeah, pretty much going crazy over the wait. Maybe there will be some news come scheduling day this Thursday now that the OK to buy date has passed. I ordered from Koons and they're a pretty high volume dealership, hoping it that helps me get an earlier allotment. Then maybe I'll stop buying things for a car I don't have. Been eyeing the GT350 steering wheel and FRPP Sport exhaust a little too much.
Sponsored

Combat Wally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Guard w/ OTT Racing Stripes
Oh, yeah. I hear ya on the buying things for a car you don't have yet. I've got a nice build list started myself! Haven't pulled the trigger on any of it yet... In due time...

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Yeah, pretty much going crazy over the wait. Maybe there will be some news come scheduling day this Thursday now that the OK to buy date has passed.
From what I read and heard, the OK to Buy date isn't scheduled until August 31st. If that happens with no delays, then they will start scheduling retail orders on Sep 3rd, with retail production starting the week after. As far as I know, this entire month has already been scheduled for stock orders.

If you have a retail order, you are most likely looking at a delivery some time in October.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Yeah, pretty much going crazy over the wait. Maybe there will be some news come scheduling day this Thursday now that the OK to buy date has passed. I ordered from Koons and they're a pretty high volume dealership, hoping it that helps me get an earlier allotment. Then maybe I'll stop buying things for a car I don't have. Been eyeing the GT350 steering wheel and FRPP Sport exhaust a little too much.
Ha, ha! So far I have a Craig's custom license plate holder and several of the DD LEDs. Going to have hood struts and a trunk mat before it gets here, too. :crazy:

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
So, a small update...
from reading all this thread and going insane i decided a few days ago to contact my dealership rep and ask to switch my order from retail (priority 12) to stock so i can expedite my car.
This morning he sent me an email that he discussed with their ordering professional rep and he actually FW me their response.

i will wait with my current "retail 12" order and not push it and take risks etc....

Sharing for your pleasure :)
image1.jpg

Sponsored

QTTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have been lurking on these forums for a couple of months now. I would like to say thanks to everyone for the information that has been posted!

I pulled the trigger and ordered my 2016 GT Premium back on July 3rd.

This will be my first mustang after years of wanting/thinking about getting one.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
We should start scheduling retail orders next month, SC_Ruby. Just PM me for updates and I got you.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha :cheers: You're the best :first: I'll send you a PM towards the end of the month for an update:thumbsup:

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
From what I read and heard, the OK to Buy date isn't scheduled until August 31st. If that happens with no delays, then they will start scheduling retail orders on Sep 3rd, with retail production starting the week after. As far as I know, this entire month has already been scheduled for stock orders.

If you have a retail order, you are most likely looking at a delivery some time in October.
Ugh, I must have read 9/3 as 8/3 accidentally at some point. Here I was getting all excited. :headbonk:

wcamp711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible w/ PP
Just got off the phone with Ford customer service and they told me my mustang is still in production with an estimated delivery of the 16th-22th. Praying it will be closer to the 16th:ford:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Ha, ha! So far I have a Craig's custom license plate holder and several of the DD LEDs. Going to have hood struts and a trunk mat before it gets here, too. :crazy:
Oh well looks like i'm not alone with this disease called :

compulsive buying of aftermarket parts for non built Mustang . ;)

This is what i have in the garage as of today:

Roush axlesbacks
BMR springs

Soon to be ordered:
MMR M350 wheels and tires

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Just got off the phone with Ford customer service and they told me my mustang is still in production with an estimated delivery of the 16th-22th. Praying it will be closer to the 16th:ford:

You lucky SOB . :D

Seriously , very happy for you .

wcamp711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible w/ PP
You can't do this to us retail order people ! :p
Hahaha sorry! I really wish Ford would offer factory pickup as an option everyone. It would make the wait suck just a little bit less.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Ugh, I must have read 9/3 as 8/3 accidentally at some point. Here I was getting all excited. :headbonk:
The post you quoted (and I can't find?) seems to be at odds with what m.a.s.e. posted. I hope what he was told is right!

RUke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Yes mine is a stock order. My retail order has not posted anything yet so I am thankful to my dealer Mullinax Ford for placing two orders.
Sorry for the dumb question but what's the difference between stock order and retail order?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
About 1-2 months of agony.....:ninja::lol:
Sponsored