Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters

acs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hybrid
Hi,

I am looking for my first muscle car after driving a few "practical" cars.

I test drove the Camaro and the EcoBoost. 2015 Mustang was an easy choice in nearly all aspects for me and EB had enough power for my city driving. I am now comparing the V6 and the EB with the base + automatic. EB does allow for additional options but the cost also goes up more.

However, I did not get a chance to test drive the V6 as couple of dealers around my city did not have a V6 to test drive. Hence, positing the request to get your take.

I know that the driving and experiencing a car could be a very personal and subjective. However, if you have driven both, please do share what you liked or did not like in the V6 or the EcoBoost. Also which one did you get?

Thanks,
ACS
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
If you need an automatic, the Ecoboost may be the better buy because of the turbo. A tuned automatic Ecoboost can be very quick.

Reactions: acs

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I will check back on this thread Monday or so. lol
You know it will be deleted WAY before the end of the weekend.

OP, I recommend doing some searching as this horse has been beaten into the ground.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Lol yea let's just finish this thread before it goes as easily predicted.

EB will get slight better mileage and is better for someone who plans to modify because it will see large gains via simple mods, particularly tuning.

V6 is cheaper and comes with nice features for a base model. It is also known to be very reliable and sounds better exhaustwise.

Ppl will argue which one is faster stock (we know its the EB ;) ) because they are very close but the Ecoboost will definitely feel faster in low speed driving because of the low end torque. If it's just a daily driver and you don't care about performance under hardcore driving then get the V6, otherwise the EB with the performance package makes more sense for the brakes and suspension.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
For you, never having had a fun car, it'll be a win-win either way. I own the v6, so I don't have much experience with the EB. The v6 has a grumble to it, making it feel like a little more "muscle" even though the horses aren't there. It's a great car that has immediate response when hitting the accelerator. I drive my 6 on a daily basis. I have no performance modifications and am still smiling six months into ownership.

Reactions: acs

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Cant believe nobody has said this yet.....Get the GT!:D

OP
OP

acs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hybrid
Cant believe nobody has said this yet.....Get the GT!:D
I test drove the GT and it is absolutely awesome!
However, as it is $7-10K more than the V6/EB, I am leaning towards the V6 or EB.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I test drove the GT and it is absolutely awesome!
However, as it is $7-10K more than the V6/EB, I am leaning towards the V6 or EB.
You cant go wrong with any choice you make. I have a V6. It's an awesome car. I think I'd get the 4 banger this time around because I like to bolt stuff on em to make them faster and the 4 gains more for your moding dollar.

MagneticEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
i have driven all 3 and they were all amazing. i went EB just because i love boost. You cant go wrong with any of them. Ford made them all solid and fun. Really it depends if you want to modify it or not. If you do then the EB will be more fun modded but if not the v6 will be a fun daily in stock form.

Sponsored

wiSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP
I never tried a V6, but the only killer for me was no optional performance package and no optional Recaro seats. If you could get a V6 PP w/ Recaro seats, I might've had a hard time picking.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Lol yea let's just finish this thread before it goes as easily predicted.

EB will get slight better mileage and is better for someone who plans to modify because it will see large gains via simple mods, particularly tuning.

V6 is cheaper and comes with nice features for a base model. It is also known to be very reliable and sounds better exhaustwise.

Ppl will argue which one is faster stock (we know its the EB ;) ) because they are very close but the Ecoboost will definitely feel faster in low speed driving because of the low end torque. If it's just a daily driver and you don't care about performance under hardcore driving then get the V6, otherwise the EB with the performance package makes more sense for the brakes and suspension.
I think this post sums up the objective aspects very accurately.

For me personally, it's V6 all the way. I do not like the power delivery or sound of the EB car. So I'd give up on a few of the objective aspects in order to get the feel and sound of the naturally aspirated V6. Any handling issues I'd solve with the aftermarket.

-T

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
you should analyze your plan for the future... do you leave the car stock and just drive and enjoy? if you do, then the V6 may be the way to go, as its going to be reliable and its not new platform to the mustang like the EB... or are you an enthusiast who wants to explore the cars capabilities a little more..

then the EB would be the way to go.

either way, good luck!

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
For me the choice was simple, the v6 doesnt come in a premium trim, no sale for me. I just also happen to think the turbo makes it a very fun daily driver.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I would suggest waiting to test drive the V6 first before making a choice.
Sponsored