Sponsored

2015 to 2017 Subtle Changes

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
First, there is one obvious difference - the cupholders in 2015 have rubber inserts on the sides to hold smaller cups. The 2017 (and I believe 2016) have plastic spring loaded side assists instead of rubber. :D
YES, correct. The 2016 cup holders have the spring loaded assists.

No 2.5mm audio jack (believe this went away in 2016) inside center console.
YES, correct. The 2.5mm AUX input jack was eliminated on all 2016+ Mustangs (as well as other Ford product lines).

5. Sync3 is much faster and responsive both touch and voice. Believe the hype.
YES, correct. The SYNC3 is very responsive to touch, it's fast and operation is seamless. I have not had any issues with my SYNC3 in my 2016.
Sponsored

OP
OP

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I believe you are referring to when remote starting the vehicle - or starting it "manually", is this correct? If so - then temp settings for both HVAC and Seats will remain at last user setting IF your Settings are or were changed in the Display Settings via the steering wheel menus.

From steering wheel, cycle through main menu to:
Vehicle Settings >> Remote Start >> Climate Control (Auto or "Last Setting") >> Seats (Off or "Auto").

Now, I am not sure if the above applies to ALL model years and ONLY "Premium" models with certain option groups. I do know for a fact my 2016 Premium w/PP does retain both Seat & HVAC settings in my last chosen configuration. My build was October 2015, received December 26, 2015.
No remote start on my '17 (PP manual). I'm referring to normal manual push button start. On the 2015 the cooled seats reset to off every time I turned the car off, but on the 2017 they retain whatever I last had. It seems based on the replies in this thread that was introduced somewhere in the last couple of months of 2016 for 2016 models (late build) and now 2017 models.

I also neglected to mention the hood vent turn signals are gone for 2017, but I'm pretty sure most of you guys knew that one already. :headbang:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
My 2016 does NOT retain the cooled/heated seat setting from the previous drive. I would be curious to know the build dates of the guys with the remembered setting vs. the guys who cars don't retain the setting.
My 16 does, built 9/30.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I believe you are referring to when remote starting the vehicle - or starting it "manually", is this correct? If so - then temp settings for both HVAC and Seats will remain at last user setting IF your Settings are or were changed in the Display Settings via the steering wheel menus.

From steering wheel, cycle through main menu to:
Vehicle Settings >> Remote Start >> Climate Control (Auto or "Last Setting") >> Seats (Off or "Auto").

From Owners Manual:

Now, I am not sure if the above applies to ALL model years and ONLY "Premium" models with certain option groups. I do know for a fact my 2016 Premium w/PP does retain both Seat & HVAC settings in my last chosen configuration. My build was October 2015, received December 26, 2015.
Yea i have that, can slso set it to the key

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Someone can correct me, but based on the '16 GT Vert I rented, I think the seat climate retention is specific to the convertible? Didn't see when the rental was built, but my September '15 built 2016 coupe does not.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
First, there is one obvious difference - the cupholders in 2015 have rubber inserts on the sides to hold smaller cups. The 2017 (and I believe 2016) have plastic spring loaded side assists instead of rubber. :D
YES, correct. The 2016 cup holders have the spring loaded assists.

No 2.5mm audio jack (believe this went away in 2016) inside center console.
YES, correct. The 2.5mm AUX input jack was eliminated on all 2016+ Mustangs (as well as other Ford product lines).

5. Sync3 is much faster and responsive both touch and voice. Believe the hype.
YES, correct. The SYNC3 is very responsive to touch, it's fast and operation is seamless. I have not had any issues with my SYNC3 in my 2016.
Only issues i have are out of 10 times, 1 time it will not be able to connect to my phone, so need to switch off then on again, or reset the phone.
and when i ask it to read out Text Messages, it reads out email messages, which take forever :frusty:
Also is there a way to turn off the sync 3 without having to turn off the engine?
thanks

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Someone can correct me, but based on the '16 GT Vert I rented, I think the seat climate retention is specific to the convertible? Didn't see when the rental was built, but my September '15 built 2016 coupe does not.
My May 31st, 2016 built 2016 retains the settings.

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I wonder if anyone with a 2015 PP can confirm the mode icons are grey or colored. That would confirm it's PP specific (which I think it is considering the line about different stability tuning in the info).

I don't think they are doing any audio system piping of sound, but if they are it's phenomenally realistic because I can't tell. I am guessing it's potentially a sound tube change. Driving my step dad's 2015 manual back to back with my 2017 pp it was very noticeably different.

The only trouble I have is I don't have a 2015 performance pack to compare - that would tell me if it's a perf pack thing or a 2017(16) thing.
I have a 15 PP, and the mode icons are yellow when active.

OP
OP

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I have a 15 PP, and the mode icons are yellow when active.
Interesting.

Ok now does anyone with a non-PP 2016+ premium have yellow icons or grey icons?

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
For those that have the cooled seats come back on at a restart, do you have the memory package? Could that possibly be the difference from the '16's where it does not retain the setting?

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
For those that have the cooled seats come back on at a restart, do you have the memory package? Could that possibly be the difference from the '16's where it does not retain the setting?
I have a very early 2016 with the memory seats and mine does not have the seats turn back on when the car is restarted. I actually prefer that it doesn't so I am happy.

GT Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
This. I'm guessing its because of the 401 package, or something that comes from this level of trim.
Sponsored