Sponsored

2015 Shelby GT350 Mustang (50th Anniversary) Confirmed! Only 37 GT350R Mustangs

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I just want that motor! So Badly Want To Set The Quarter Mile Production Engine Record For Ford!
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I guess that ordering guide didn't have a mistake in it :)

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I think this makes it better for the average buyer. Those willing to spend large sums can have these special editions. I'll take a 2016 and forgo spending stupid cash.

That said, I hope at least one person. On this forum gets one. I'm rooting for u guys that will try!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
They should just be honest. 2015 GT350 ADM 50th anniversary edition. Thanks for doing your best to keep these out of the hands of anyone without deep pockets.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the information. This is great news! I was worried there was a problem that would prevent Ford from going forward with this brilliant idea. I know I know - farfetched but I'm a worrier.

I'm excited to see the official performance specs. They can't be far away now, right? :D

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
They should just be honest. 2015 GT350 ADM 50th anniversary edition. Thanks for doing your best to keep these out of the hands of anyone without deep pockets.
Agree. I am out.

Jackie Chiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI SW
No sense in us even discussing them. There will be so few made that we won't get our hands on one. I think even "THE COLLECTOR" from the Avengers movies will have trouble getting one. You will have just as good a chance of getting one of the infinity stones! LOL. My only shot to get one is if Military Auto Sales for overseas military gets one and then enter a lottery where hundreds will apply and then get picked and luckily get one! I will watch Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and dream about getting one of these special editions.
I fear that dealers will set high ADMs on these 135 cars, which will fuel ADMs for the 2016 production cars.

But otherwise you are correct. 137 cars are not very relevant to almost all of us.

Edit: Any word on verified prices for the 2015s?

Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Why 37 R models? Just kind of an odd number is all.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think this makes it better for the average buyer. Those willing to spend large sums can have these special editions. I'll take a 2016 and forgo spending stupid cash.

That's the only positive thing I can think of with this news. These cars will never see the light of day, can only hope it makes us getting regular production models a bit easier.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I fear that dealers will set high ADMs on these 135 cars, which will fuel ADMs for the 2016 production cars.

But otherwise you are correct. 137 cars are not very relevant to almost all of us.

Edit: Any word on verified prices for the 2015s?
I agree. I foresee ADM carry over as well. ADM = the elephant in the room. You can choose to ignore it but...

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
When and how will we find out how these cars are allocated?

DMV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Not sure what happened to my account here. Anyway like I said...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=220207&postcount=412

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=220928&postcount=467

Wow I admit I did not see this one coming... but definitely hoped! Thanks for posting. So it turns out lots of bad info from so called insiders on other sites being spread about this.

Now that the cat is out can any dealers on here tell us if there are any special anniversary things being planned like unique colors, badges etc?
For future reference, anyone close enough to call themselves an insider would have known this long ago. There are those who are truly inside and those whose friends are while they hang out on car forums. Most of the ones you should listen to don't last long on here.

Hummingbird was slated for summer 15 at one point with much more than 100 planned. It got delayed (obvious) but the 50th year was too good to miss for marketing.

Not much different but you get a rare VIN. There will be much more than 137 people who find that well worth the money.

My job is done here, au revoire :)
Sponsored