stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
The Tires suck. I have 3750 miles so far I took delivery on 10/20/14 and they are just about bald. I haven't even used line lock or did any major burn outs. I do notice that I spin the tires more shifting to second with the 373 PP option. I ordered some Bridgestone S04 Pole Position for the rear. The fronts are like new they will probably last 20k.
Ouch! Only 3,750 miles? You may be having just a little bit too much fun driving! :headbang:
I'd say so. I swapped my rears out at 10k and still had tread left and I hit the drag strip at least once a week
Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
Biggest disappointment is the horn sounding off twice when you exit the car while running with FOB in pocket. Man is that dumb if you're so cheap that you can't use a separate chime. Worse is that you can't turn it off.

Assist spring in clutch pedal which is a real head scratcher. Fortunately comes out without effort. The car would be a disaster with it.

V6 mufflers, but that's obvious pre purchase so not a disappointment.

Everything else is way above expectations. Just too much to list.!

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Biggest disappointment is the horn sounding off twice when you exit the car while running with FOB in pocket. Man is that dumb if you're so cheap that you can't use a separate chime. Worse is that you can't turn it off.

Assist spring in clutch pedal which is a real head scratcher. Fortunately comes out without effort. The car would be a disaster with it.

V6 mufflers, but that's obvious pre purchase so not a disappointment.

Everything else is way above expectations. Just too much to list.!
Start car...upon exit hold FOB at rear quarter glass...close door, no horn.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
what are you guys doing exiting the car while it's running anyway? the only time i do this is when i have to run to an ATM machine. i get out, it honks twice (ok who cares?) then i lock the door by pushing on the top of the handle, withdraw some cash and come back.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
!
The louder the better for me... don't want to miss it.
:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
what are you guys doing exiting the car while it's running anyway? the only time i do this is when i have to run to an ATM machine. i get out, it honks twice (ok who cares?) then i lock the door by pushing on the top of the handle, withdraw some cash and come back.
Warming up car in the AM(in the winter)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
you're welcome. i havent read what subaru or ford recommends for warm up, i just got used to doing the bmw warmup strategy.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
One of the most informative and interesting information I've read regarding engine warm up. Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second Tamadrummer. Very helpful info.

Not that I've been warming my car up, or any cars that I've had the past 10 or 15 years. It's just good to hear that I'm not doing it any harm by driving away right after start up.

Thanks.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I think for EcoBoost owners it would be a good idea to let it warm up for at least a couple of minutes so that there's somewhat warm coolant and oil circulating through the turbo.

Or am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
i did the BMW warmup on my 2011 WRX. no ill effects on the turbo for the entire time i owned it (picked up with 11 miles on it), plus i had full bolt ons on it but still on the stock block and turbo.

stock it was 230hp to the wheel. by the time i had E85 and 20psi boost on it (stock 14.5 psi) it had 349hp to the wheel and 366 torque.

sold it at 85k miles (returned to stock), turbo still running strong and felt/sounded like the day i bought it. this was also thru 3 long island winters.

edit: i always made sure to never go WOT before the engine was completely warmed up. i heard this was very important on turbo cars.
Sponsored