Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 BAMA 93 Octane Performance V2 Tune

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
that is good news! sure would like to see some MT charts... :)

ill probably be giving one of these tunes a try very, very soon..
Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Great video American Muscle on BAMA how ever why didn't he show the dyno and talk about the 93 Race V2 and the diffreance between the two?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
ive tried the update multiple times in a row...I just got the X4 last nov.

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT

If we get an MT car near Philly I would be happy to toss it on at no charge....we look forward to tuning your ride!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sponsored

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT

If we get an MT car near Philly I would be happy to toss it on at no charge....we look forward to tuning your ride!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
Another 6M owner, what's in it for us?
The power gains are still going to be the same..its the same motor, with the same stock spark, fuel, variable cam and torque management settings.

The shifting part is up to you though

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
Great video American Muscle on BAMA how ever why didn't he show the dyno and talk about the 93 Race V2 and the diffreance between the two?
Our Performance Tune is our most popular so we suggested it is what they covered. Both tunes on the same octane make the same power but they have unique characteristics that make it slightly more aggressive and changes that are optimized for track settings

You can see our full release notes here:
https://support.bamaperformance.com...3113206/2015_37v6_V2_Public_Release_Final.pdf

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Our Performance Tune is our most popular so we suggested it is what they covered. Both tunes on the same octane make the same power but they have unique characteristics that make it slightly more aggressive and changes that are optimized for track settings

You can see our full release notes here:
https://support.bamaperformance.com...3113206/2015_37v6_V2_Public_Release_Final.pdf
I downloaded the pdf and it I noticed it said "Normal mode only." So does that mean the tune doesn't effect sport mode?

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
I downloaded the pdf and it I noticed it said "Normal mode only." So does that mean the tune doesn't effect sport mode?
Sorry for any confusion...Throttle Response and Transmission Settings only work in Normal Mode....Ford has their own settings in the other modes that work great and we do not want to interfere with that....the rest of the changes such as Ti-VCT, Fuel, Spark, etc are applied in ALL modes

Last edited:

Sponsored

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Sorry for any confusion...Throttle Response and Transmission Settings only work in Normal Mode....Ford has their own settings in the other modes that work great and we do not want to interfere with that....the rest of the changes such as Ti-VCT, Fuel, Spark, etc are applied in ALL modes
Oh awesome, and I have one last question even though it might be a stupid one. Would it be fine to run the race tune for daily or am I better off running the performance tune for daily?

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
Oh awesome, and I have one last question even though it might be a stupid one. Would it be fine to run the race tune for daily or am I better off running the performance tune for daily?
Sure....its not going to harm your engine or anything like that, but the lack of all torque management features can add additional wear and tear on other driveline components.

Our Performance Tune offers a seamless blend of power and drive-ability....its quickly becoming our most popular tune :headbang::headbang:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ok so some more impressions with the 93 race tune!

My original reaction to the auto was wrong! What I though as upshifting early is actually keeping the 3.7 in the "sweet spot" if you will. Under light throttle the auto tuning is keeping the 3.7 around its peak torque value giving you much more usable power around town. The auto is quick to downshift as well. With just the driving I did tonight I never came out of a corner and felt like I had to downshift with the paddles.

As for a comparison with the unleashed tune....

The unleashed tune felt more powerful in the upper RPMs. I feel the BAMA tune focuses more on low end power while the unleashed tune gave slightly more top end at the expense of low end. It is not a drastic difference by a long shot. Top end only feels slightly weaker on the BAMA tune. Low end is much improved. The car just feels more "punchy" on the BAMA tune.

Reinforcing my statement from before, the hesitation is 99.999% gone. Just a slight dip in power. If I had not lived with the hesitation for the past 6 months I likely would never notice it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
Ok so some more impressions with the 93 race tune!

My original reaction to the auto was wrong! What I though as upshifting early is actually keeping the 3.7 in the "sweet spot" if you will. Under light throttle the auto tuning is keeping the 3.7 around its peak torque value giving you much more usable power around town. The auto is quick to downshift as well. With just the driving I did tonight I never came out of a corner and felt like I had to downshift with the paddles.

As for a comparison with the unleashed tune....

The unleashed tune felt more powerful in the upper RPMs. I feel the BAMA tune focuses more on low end power while the unleashed tune gave slightly more top end at the expense of low end. It is not a drastic difference by a long shot. Top end only feels slightly weaker on the BAMA tune. Low end is much improved. The car just feels more "punchy" on the BAMA tune.

Reinforcing my statement from before, the hesitation is 99.999% gone. Just a slight dip in power. If I had not lived with the hesitation for the past 6 months I likely would never notice it.
Hey men I apprecciate ur time. Seriously, my long tube headers have been wrapped in my living room for almost 3 months because i hear about this usual problems with the CPU when u add them. And u help me (probably another guys too) to solve this issue. Just because of that u got my respect and gratitude :headbang::headbang:
Sponsored