Sponsored

2015 Mustang Horsepower / Torque Figures and Weight Released!

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
If you aren't happy with 435hp, just spend some bucks (which aren't much, relatively speaking for Mustangs, since they're so popular and the aftermarket is so huge for these cars) on a cold air and tuner and I bet you'll be over the 450hp easily :-) If you wanted serious track power, you're a candidate for the next SVT/Shelby or whatever it is...not a GT.
Sponsored

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
overall good, but I was also thinking like many maybe closer to 450 HP for the V8. Regardless, the new Mustang will sell well regardless of exact power #'s

juzef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
curretly a 2014 CRV :(
I'm betting/hoping that 2016 will bring not only 450hp+ but reduced weight using weight saving techniques/technology used on F150.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Lol @ people not buying the car because the numbers. You would herdly notice a difference between 435 and 445hp. You could take a shit before you drove the car and youd notice a bigger increase is acceleration.

Ever since my new gym/diet/weight gain plan, I agree 100%! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
The Stang isn't going to switch to an all aluminum body like the F150 for a good while. The F-150 body is a box on a frame. The Mustang is all once piece, uni-body, so all of that structure would be aluminum, and very expensive. I would see that adding $8-10k per car between materials and engineering costs. Remember aluminum reacts different to impacts, so all the crumple zones, engine mounts, trans mounts, anything of major integrity has to go back to the drawing board almost completely. They aren't just going to pop out an aluminum chassis for one model. It won't happen untill they can do it across the lineup.

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
That's disappointing :(

I know its a $35k car but i would have preffered it to be a $40k car with over 450bhp.

I just hope that in the UK its ECU is mapped for the 97/99ron premium fuel we get here. Which should just about bring it up into the 450bhp region.

Otherwise... I'll probably hold out for the SVT.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I'm betting/hoping that 2016 will bring not only 450hp+ but reduced weight using weight saving techniques/technology used on F150.
The power will get bumped around when the next camaro is released I think.

Ford will not be putting even more aluminum into the mustang than they already have in the next year. They just retooled the lines that make the mustang, which isn't cheap or easy. They won't retool it again 1 year later to make it out of a different material. Aluminum is not trivial to work with, and it isn't a cheap switch.

They may do a body panel or two here and there at some point, or a suspension component, but they won't change to an aluminum unibody any time soon.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does a catch can stop fuel from building up on the valve train?
Catch cans are for PCV systems....
fuel doesn't build up in the valve train in a DI setup. It is injected straight into the chamber. Fuel is what cleans the valve train.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Honestly don't think that there are many people are going to be racing the car... seems like an ego thing and people are looking for their bragging rights against their friends car... sometimes it's not the matter of the hp rather than the person that is behind the wheel which makes all the difference in the world

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
How does a catch can stop fuel from building up on the valve train?
Catch cans are for PCV systems....
AFAIK, it is not fuel building up on the valve train, but rather the LACK of fuel flowing through the back side of the valves to clean them off...

But I don't think the solution is as simple as a catch can.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
That's disappointing :(

I know its a $35k car but i would have preffered it to be a $40k car with over 450bhp.
I wouldn't. Not all of us are awash with money.

Ford will probably offer a factory approved tuner and cai combo for 500 bucks or so that will get you 450. Why spend 5k more than you need to?

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AFAIK, it is not fuel building up on the valve train, but rather the LACK of fuel flowing through the back side of the valves to clean them off...

But I don't think the solution is as simple as a catch can.
correct. :thumbsup:

octane

Threads
Reaction score
You are wrong on both fronts. You are crazy if you think Ford would do that to 2015 owners. FYI 450+ is not coming for another few years.

I'm sure there will be doubters, and again they will be proven wrong.
Sponsored