Status
Not open for further replies.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Not all race courses are created equal.

If out of 50 tracks with equal drivers on the same day the 1LE beats the Mustang 45 times..then I'll concede the victory to the 1LE.

I'm betting it's going to be a bit closer to a 50/50 split.
Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Your head is definitely stuck somewhere...

You never responded. Here I'll ask you again.

Only tracks that benefit the 1LE design count? Please Mr. Troll I would like a response.

LOL..I guess anyone that throws out their opinion supported by data is a "troll". good luck with that..

Tracks that would benefit the 1le would be tracks that play to the 1les strengths (handling) which are multiple corners in short succession.

Tracks that would benefit the GT PP would be devoid of corners or tracks that minimize corners and have long straight always.

As I stated before and will continue to state

GT pp has a better motor (in my opinion) and is better suited to the straights at this point

The 1le has better sorted suspension and does twisties better

All data that I've seen backs this up so good luck with calling me a "troll"...

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Nope I don't own one and wouldn't own one. I've had plenty of time in the seat, however. I've owned Mustangs, however. Will probably own the GT350 when it comes out. I'm just refuse to stick my head in the sand when it comes to these two cars
Depends on the price range... sure it will be priced to beat the camaro.... even though there are experienced drivers behind the wheel of either the camaro or the mustang.... honestly, nothing has changed about the camaro yet but the mustang is new... completely.... I know even an experienced driver does not know it completely and the mustang has not completely been unleashed....... face it, after a while of driving the car, you get used to it pushing it to the limits to where you do things that no one else would do...... that could go for both cars but the camaro is not entirely new.... I think there is so much potential in the mustang it will surpass the camaro in all areas even with the camaro remake.... just what I see.... not siding with anyone... but if you got behind the wheel of a camaro not driving it daily and raced someone with a mustang that drives it all the time.... I would bet that the mustang would win...

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Not all race courses are created equal.

If out of 50 tracks with equal drivers on the same day the 1LE beats the Mustang 45 times..then I'll concede the victory to the 1LE.

I'm betting it's going to be a bit closer to a 50/50 split.
fair point there are some tracks that have longer straights and minimize corners. I definitely think the GT PP would win in any airport miracle mile type of race.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Depends on the price range... sure it will be priced to beat the camaro.... even though there are experienced drivers behind the wheel of either the camaro or the mustang.... honestly, nothing has changed about the camaro yet but the mustang is new... completely.... I know even an experienced driver does not know it completely and the mustang has not completely been unleashed....... face it, after a while of driving the car, you get used to it pushing it to the limits to where you do things that no one else would do...... that could go for both cars but the camaro is not entirely new.... I think there is so much potential in the mustang it will surpass the camaro in all areas even with the camaro remake.... just what I see.... not siding with anyone... but if you got behind the wheel of a camaro not driving it daily and raced someone with a mustang that drives it all the time.... I would bet that the mustang would win...
Absolutely..I've been passed by Miatas on the track that I've had 100hp on. Driver makes all the difference. I also 100% agree that the Mustang isn't uncorked yet. The engineers need time. I believe the knowledge and parts gained by the GT350 will trickle down to the GT PP...Just like the ZL1 and 1le. People think I'm dogging the GT..I'm not! It's awesome and has ridiculous potential.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
The track you posted is basically a few quarter miles stitched together. It shows almost nothing about the handling of a car on a <B>normal</B> race track.....

LOL...The airport "race track" with three or four corners...MMM kay

That's the straights race track in the universe....basically some 1/4 miles strung together.

LOL..I guess anyone that throws out their opinion supported by data is a "troll". good luck with that..

Tracks that would benefit the 1le would be tracks that play to the 1les strengths which are multiple corners in short succession.

Tracks that would benefit the GT PP would be devoid of corners or tracks that minimize corners and have long straight always.

As I stated before and will continue to state

GT pp has a better motor (in my opinion) and is better suited to the straights at this point

The 1le has better sorted suspension and does twisties better

All data that I've seen backs this up so good luck with calling me a "troll"...
You were making excuses that the track the Mustang beat the 1LE on wasn't "normal" so the results must be unfair.

Now you're saying its okay? Ah I see the Tbonez pattern continues. When confronted you spout nonsense until you notice everyone calling out your BS then you revert to "I was agreeing with you the whole time"

So yes you will continue to be known as a troll. Because your initial post was made to try and make the Mustang look bad with new GM "factory options" that will "make things interesting" which you were wrong because they are just after production packages.

Then you say I have a "crew" against you....I'm sorry buddy but you're very sad.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
You were making excuses that the track the Mustang beat the 1LE on wasn't "normal" so the results must be unfair.

Now you're saying its okay? Ah I see the Tbonez pattern continues. When confronted you spout nonsense until you notice everyone calling out your BS then you revert to "I was agreeing with you the whole time"

So yes you will continue to be known as a troll. Because your initial post was made to try and make the Mustang look bad with new GM "factory options" that will "make things interesting" which you were wrong because they are just after production packages.

Then you say I have a "crew" against you....I'm sorry buddy but you're very sad.

I enjoy making rational points backed up by data and watch you respond with personal insults and belittling comments..When one person has to resort to these tactics it's always proof they have a weak case because they have no data to support. In this case the numbers don't lie. GT pp a has been proven faster in a straight line by a small margin. The 1le has been proven to be faster and better suited to corners by a wide margin. Those are the facts and that's what I've advertised, discussed and really nothing more. Pick the car that suits your needs.

Goodnight and enjoy your car...Cheers.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I enjoy making rational points backed up by data and watch you respond with personal insults and belittling comments..When one person has to resort to these tactics it's always proof they have a weak case because they have no data to support. In this case the numbers don't lie. GT pp a has been proven faster in a straight line by a small margin. The 1le has been proven to be faster and better suited to corners by a wide margin. Those are the facts and that's what I've advertised, discussed and really nothing more. Pick the car that suits your needs.

The pattern continues.

Anyways peeps time for this thread to die away again. Until then goodnight and god bless America!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
In this case the numbers don't lie. GT pp a has been proven faster in a straight line by a small margin. The 1le has been proven to be faster and better suited to corners by a wide margin. Those are the facts and that's what I've advertised, discussed and really nothing more. Pick the car that suits your needs.

Small margin? Maybe in the quarter but.......The faster the speed increases the faster the GT increases it's lead. 5 seconds faster to 150. That is a huge margin.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Small margin? Maybe in the quarter but.......The faster the speed increases the faster the GT increases it's lead. 5 seconds faster to 150. That is a huge margin.
He knows he's wrong but is unable to admit it. He made his soapbox exit again with the "I am a victim" flag flying.

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile

Solid point...I remember you pointing out the difference and how it increased as numbers increased in an earlier comment.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Absolutely..I've been passed by Miatas on the track that I've had 100hp on. Driver makes all the difference. I also 100% agree that the Mustang isn't uncorked yet. The engineers need time. I believe the knowledge and parts gained by the GT350 will trickle down to the GT PP...Just like the ZL1 and 1le. People think I'm dogging the GT..I'm not! It's awesome and has ridiculous potential.

Oh you have spent time on the track? Post up some videos man!

Ummm, just an FYI, the Mustang engineers "don't need time" they know what they have, what they offer to the public is what will bring best ROI, profit, less lawsuits from a public unable to drive a neutral handling car.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Ummm, just an FYI, the Mustang engineers "don't need time" they know what they have, what they offer to the public is what will bring best ROI, profit, less lawsuits from a public unable to drive a neutral handling car.
You'll probably get videos of Forza or Gran Turismo Lmao.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile

Not true at all...Things are learned about a platform over the many years of development. Look at the SS Camaros development from release in the SS to the current revision. When the car was released it had awful reviews and many comments of suspension binding issues. If memory serves me right they moved the mounting points of the control arms which massive improved things. If the engineers new exactly what they had and there was no low to no cost improvements as the platform progressed then why the improvement? Where is the ROI and if they knew what they had why the changes...

I never said I was the worlds greatest driver. I'm not a professional and my driving has nothing to do with the slaughter of the GT pp by the 1le. You may be a vastly superior driver to me but in the end that has nothing to do with the fact that I want the best product I can afford. I've taken plenty of courses and had many track days of private instruction. On a track I can easily push the car to its limits or maybe I should say push the car until I expose its flaws.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.