Sponsored

2015 Mustang convertibles

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
I have 3 GT Verts that were supposed to be at my dealership this week. Just looked on Ford's VV and now they're showing ETA's in January. WTF.

What does visibility show?
There's been a delay in production. All 5.0 automatic verts are pushed back to January 5-18.
Sponsored

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
I ain't scared lol. Our 2005 was an early convertible and no issues with it for the 90K miles we drove it. I will be driving it some in the rain since I am not planning on making it a garage queen. Car washes not so much...there's not many of them that don't kinda creep me out going through them thinking about all the things they might do to my cars. But I am also confident that if it would leak that FMC would take care of any issues to my satisfaction.

So yeah I am anxious to get my car and will definitely report any issues that arise, if any

lewi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Its something of a concern. As most readers on this thread will know, Britain has a pretty wet climate. Indeed looking out of my window as I write, the rain is just easing off after a 12 hour downpour! Leaky car roofs are therefore a complete no no. I'll keep an eye out for any negative reports on this forum and via the on-line press.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Its something of a concern. As most readers on this thread will know, Britain has a pretty wet climate. Indeed looking out of my window as I write, the rain is just easing off after a 12 hour downpour! Leaky car roofs are therefore a complete no no. I'll keep an eye out for any negative reports on this forum and via the on-line press.
I live in New Orleans where it rains a lot. Never had a single issue with my 2005 Mustang GT Premium Convertible which I just sold to get the new one. I will definitely post any good or bad experiences with the 2015 in here.

And to anyone planning on sending your Vert through a carwash...please don't. Just an all around bad idea. :ford:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I placed and order for a mustang convertible on October 18th. Later the
dealer told me it was in Preview. Has anyone heard when convertible
production will begin?
Congratulations, broncobuff!

Convertibles are in production. Send me a PM with your dealer code and order number; I'll track your Mustang's progress for you. :)

Rachel

Sponsored

OP
OP
broncobuff

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RR V6 vert, 2006 Frontier 4X4, 2014 Maxima
Contacted my dealer (Loveland Ford, Loveland, CO) he informed me that my V6 Race Red Mustang convertible with 051A package is scheduled to build the week of 12/8 for an ETA here the week of 1/26-2/1 times could change a little. I guess when your building for the World things take time. He had a Race Red fastback in stock, color looks great.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Contacted my dealer (Loveland Ford, Loveland, CO) he informed me that my V6 Race Red Mustang convertible with 051A package is scheduled to build the week of 12/8 for an ETA here the week of 1/26-2/1 times could change a little. I guess when your building for the World things take time. He had a Race Red fastback in stock, color looks great.
Great minds think alike! I ordered the identical Vehicle, assuming your ordered A/T. I also ordered the Spare Tire 66W and most importantly Spoiler Delete 13D. Maybe our Cars will be built alongside each other? My VIN # ends with 5332068, what about yours?

tribaltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 STi
Saw one on the road yesterday with manufacturers plates, so maybe they are still testing the roof out?

OP
OP
broncobuff

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
My mustang is A/T and I ordered spare also but kept the spoiler. I just have the build and ETA dates the dealer did not pass along a VIN.

OP
OP
broncobuff

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Phil1336,

Rachel thinks she may have found my order the VIN ends with 5332804 so I may be behind yours

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncobuff

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Rachel from FordService informed me today that my convertible order was moved to
In Production today and will be built 12/9, it's a start. :)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Rachel from FordService informed me today that my convertible order was moved to
In Production today and will be built 12/9, it's a start. :)
Nice, hope to hear some first person reviews of it soon! Getting anxious, only 3 more months to place my order!! :)

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Rachel just sent me a PM with an update on my 2015 Mustang Convertible that I ordered on 9/2. It was built on Tues 11/25 and is still being held at FRAP with other Convertibles awaiting a release to ship. Tentative ETA is still 1/12/15 My VIN# ends with 5332068

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Rachel confirmed my order on 11/1 will have an ETA of 1/22 more or less
:-)

OP
OP
broncobuff

broncobuff

broncobuff
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Rachel inform me that my RR vert was built 12/10 and is awaiting shippment and that some vert orders will ship beforb the end of the year. :)
Sponsored