Sponsored

2015 camaro 1LE vs 2015 mustang gt PP

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Seems a lot of people are sensitive when they need to defend a 1LE's performance.

thePill has been paying attention to the SCCA for years. I'm glad everyone is just discovering racing.

Fact is, that is the National division. Has anyone checked the initial Texas events? Yeah, Mustang GT's.

You have been fooled by popular media. If anyone here ever visited the track (and now I know for sure most don't).

The 2015-'16 GT is on fire in the SCCA, both FS and ESP. Camaro fans shouldn't need to defend it performance in entry level class competition.

But, since not only is the GT the most desirable due to cost and aftermarket, it's also the quickest in class.

:)
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
http://www.solomatters.com/class_report_f-street_comparison

If you wanna talk comparisons with a 2014 1LE and a 2015 GTPP Premium in the SCCA, look at the SCCA Class Report from October 2015.

Notice that the 1LE in the test is THE 2014 SCCA FS Championship car. The M3 is the 2015 champs.

Why is a 2015 GTPP Premium all over a 2014 1LE in this SCCA sanctioned Class Report?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
2015 GT and EB wins in Kansas, Florida, California...

Please see the Motorsport section of M6G please.

There was a 2013 SS that lost to a 2015 EB is a Kansas Region. That happened last year in Texas. Two 2013-'14 1LE's were outpaced by a member on here... in an EB.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Guys just ignore Plan B. Makes for a much nicer place to talk cars.
Yep. When you prove him wrong (or post a funny meme of him) he shouts louder, calls you gay and sends you shirtless pics while telling you he's going to send you dick pics. While calling you gay... Think about that one. LMAO.

He's better ignored and left on his corner of stupidity and shame.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
http://www.solomatters.com/class_report_f-street_comparison

If you wanna talk comparisons with a 2014 1LE and a 2015 GTPP Premium in the SCCA, look at the SCCA Class Report from October 2015.

Notice that the 1LE in the test is THE 2014 SCCA FS Championship car. The M3 is the 2015 champs.

Why is a 2015 GTPP Premium all over a 2014 1LE in this SCCA sanctioned Class Report?
Pill,

My Man,

You ve been posting this twice now, and it honestly shows how much slower a 2015 GTPP is compared to a 2014 1le. Are you really trying to defend the GTPP or just trolling everyone?

Sponsored

bdavies011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels
Pill,

My Man,

You ve been posting this twice now, and it honestly shows how much slower a 2015 GTPP is compared to a 2014 1le. Are you really trying to defend the GTPP or just trolling everyone?
Maybe he thinks those are average speeds and not lap times. :headbonk: :lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Pill,

My Man,

Its .2 slower...stock vs. stock. Did you even read the times? Don't count the 2nd gear run where the 1LE was 1 second faster.

Considering the tires the 1LE has, that is a damn good time for the GTPP. Lets add those tires to the GTPP and see what happens?

75Brick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bricklin 11 Fusion 15 200S 95 Trans Am
Its .2 slower...stock vs. stock. Did you even read the times? Don't count the 2nd gear run where the 1LE was 1 second faster.

Considering the tires the 1LE has, that is a damn good time for the GTPP. Lets add those tires to the GTPP and see what happens?
Sssshhhh... If you show them the logic behind the post, you might mess up their narrative that thePill is completely insane. :gossip:

...Not to mention the more aggressive shocks on the 1LE :cheers:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

True, but we are only talking about a 38 sec lap and not even getting out of 2nd gear. Neither of these cars are being used to there full potential. These races are more about driver skill and lack of mistakes, then the car there driving.:cheers:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Sssshhhh... If you show them the logic behind the post, you might mess up their narrative that thePill is completely insane. :gossip:

Sorry but he is insane lawl. He sent shirtless pics to a member and called the other guy gay lol.

Sponsored

75Brick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bricklin 11 Fusion 15 200S 95 Trans Am
I guess my big problem with a lot of the posts in the VS section is that there is a lot of extrapolating that one platform is better than the other without actual concrete evidence.

I'll use my 4th gen Fbody since it's what I have the most experience with. I have a specific suspension setup. Due to this, it could eviscerate a 5th gen in the twisties. Does this mean the 4th gen is an overall better platform than the 5th? No. I would not want to DD my 4th gen on Michigan roads lol.

Now, this same concept carries into factory setups. One car may have a stiffer chassis setup on the moveable parts which can translate into handling better from a performance standpoint. However, this does not mean that the opposing platform isn't capable of more than the one with stiffer factory setup.

That is the way I read thePill's posts. The Mustang comes with a pretty pedestrian setup yet still manages to remain competitive. It means you have more room to work with when setting up your car with aftermarket suspension. This may or may not be the case, but that is the argument he appears to be making.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Pill,

My Man,

Yeah, it's 0.2 seconds slower.

It was a loaded GTPP Premium with 12 gallons of fuel :lol:

This is why we see 1/3 of the drivers in FS choose the S550. It's winning and there is very little that can stop it. Keep in mind, it's not impossible...

...wait, we shouldn't be discussing this according to the media. This is a test conducted by a Sanctioning 3rd Party.

There have been a great deal of people generally misled.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Most Camaro fans wanted to discredit FS until they found out it was the only class the Camaro did well in :lol:

As a whole, drivers really haven't changed their opinion about a 5th Gen Camaro in Motorsport period. This is the fastest Camaro's class and it just won a title 2 years ago, no excuses... yet Jim took down two (02) 2013-'14 Camaro 1LE's last season, first trip out... in an EBPP... :lol:

What we have here is reminisce of the negative effect the media can have on a consumer. There is a total and complete belief system built upon the extended advertisements found in these "comparisons". It's powerful enough to have an elite few try and discredit the SCCA, the FS class and every driver that ever drove. It's the mentality of some of these consumers. The GT continues to dominate some regions, be strong in others and have an aggressive national showing... but a magazine said :lol:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I guess my big problem with a lot of the posts in the VS section is that there is a lot of extrapolating that one platform is better than the other without actual concrete evidence.

I'll use my 4th gen Fbody since it's what I have the most experience with. I have a specific suspension setup. Due to this, it could eviscerate a 5th gen in the twisties. Does this mean the 4th gen is an overall better platform than the 5th? No. I would not want to DD my 4th gen on Michigan roads lol.

Now, this same concept carries into factory setups. One car may have a stiffer chassis setup on the moveable parts which can translate into handling better from a performance standpoint. However, this does not mean that the opposing platform isn't capable of more than the one with stiffer factory setup.

That is the way I read thePill's posts. The Mustang comes with a pretty pedestrian setup yet still manages to remain competitive. It means you have more room to work with when setting up your car with aftermarket suspension. This may or may not be the case, but that is the argument he appears to be making.
I won't disagree, but your also talking about a new GT platform going against a old platform 1le and still loosing. The 1le is a bigger and heavier car and has less HP.

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots

That can not possibly be the way anyone reads theShrills post. He merely is incapable of accepting that the OLDER 1le is a better track car than the current GT. That the CURRENT SS is about half to a whole second faster in a quarter blast. Just deal with it.

Instead he finds the most ludicrous examples. A 38 second lap? Where you never get out of first gear? And it still was slower.

The whole weight issue, should of prompted jersey shore to stfu forever instead he misdirects, a lot.

I know a lot around here thinks he is a troll, and there is a reason he is booted from so many other forums. I don't think he is a troll at all. I merely think he is one of those weirdos who can't accept his favorite loses. You know, like an XBox fanboy who won't here PlayStation is better, more like that. Hands over his ears, blasting nerd stats that don't prove his agenda but in his mind he believes so.

He can blast the Camaro for looks, visibility interior all he wants because that is subjective. It's not subjective that the current SS, without the 1le is way faster in a quarter or on a track out the box than its GT counterpart or a GT with the PP added. It will only get much worse once the 1le is on the streets.
Sponsored