Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I installed the ProCal software to my computer for my PP2 and it's called ProCal3. It's ProCal3 v1.92. For people who installed the first PP2's was it also called ProCal3 and v1.92? Just curious if they are named different.
Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I installed the ProCal software to my computer for my PP2 and it's called ProCal3. It's ProCal3 v1.92. For people who installed the first PP2's was it also called ProCal3 and v1.92? Just curious if they are named different.
Just the ProCal tool, nothing to do with which level of PP you have.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm asking because FR had revisions to the tune and want to know with the revisions did they change the name of the file or the name of the software file etc with the revision.

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
I installed the PP2 about a month ago and mine is the ProCal3 v1.92 as well.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm asking because FR had revisions to the tune and want to know with the revisions did they change the name of the file or the name of the software file etc with the revision.
V1.92 is the Pro Cal software version. ProCal3 is the tool version, your calibration should have a name that ends with '.pc3' that's the revision or version of the cal.

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack
Does anyone know if I would be able to sell the PP2 and have it work for another car if I sell the stang?

Quick69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cali Special A6
ran yesterday @ ZMAX and dropped another tenth to 12.88 @ 110mph, I swear the car feels a lot better now and look forward to some 70 degree weather passes

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Any of you guys noticed LESS Nvh after the tune? My GT runs so.much smoother, or is it in my head?

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Any of you guys noticed LESS Nvh after the tune? My GT runs so.much smoother, or is it in my head?
Definitely after the beta tune. The original tune was like a horse on steroids. Pissed off and it DGAF about you.

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The revised PP1 tune is recent as of August. I was messaging ford performance on a weekly basis, end of July they didn't have it out yet. Messaged them around August 20th and it was released. I updated the tune and it was indeed a different tune, nothing major just reduced rev hanging. It applies to the manual cars only, auto cars do not need to retune. I had honestly gotten used to hang and adapted my driving around it, but reduced wear and tear is always a positive.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So I have PP2 on the car right now and I love it. It becomes a bit touchy with Sport+ enabled. It makes me wish I had Michelins already because it will break away faster in a corner with the craptastic Pirellis. My car isn't a DD, mostly a weekend money pit.

I ordered a GT350 intake during the "sale" and I have the cal file for PP3 that I can load with HPT. My plan is to put my long tubes on next month and then while I have it apart this winter for the suspension I'll do the intake and PP3 cal with a better prepared chassis.
Having switched to 285 MPSS all around on my car, I'd say the peak cornering grip available hasn't changed. But it's wayyyy more consistent. Hard 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are much better. The P Zeros were more temperature sensitive. And the MPSS talk, tire squeal for days!

Worth the money, it changed my confidence in the car quite a bit.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Having switched to 285 MPSS all around on my car, I'd say the peak cornering grip available hasn't changed. But it's wayyyy more consistent. Hard 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are much better. The P Zeros were more temperature sensitive. And the MPSS talk, tire squeal for days!

Worth the money, it changed my confidence in the car quite a bit.
Yeah, my MPSS's talk quite a bit when I'm on the track but no biggie for me.

A little noise is well worth the trade off for that much more performance compared to the old pirelli's and the MT Street Comp's I had on before.
Sponsored