Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question, this may sound stupid, but at the end of the programming it say power down module. Does this mean shut off the car? or unplug the programmer.
Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
I have a question, this may sound stupid, but at the end of the programming it say power down module. Does this mean shut off the car? or unplug the programmer.
Hit the button and power down, it will then tell you to turn it back on and then your done.

If you unplug it will just keep telling you power down module.

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Anyone know if I want to upgrade to a GT350 Intake manifold, would I have to buy FRPP 3, or can I just take my FRPP 1 and add the intake manifold to it down the line?

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Anyone know if I want to upgrade to a GT350 Intake manifold, would I have to buy FRPP 3, or can I just take my FRPP 1 and add the intake manifold to it down the line?
So you just have the drop in filter and the tune, right? Do you plan on leaving that CAI and TB and adding an adapter and 350 manifold, or changing out for GT350 CAI, TB, and manifold?

Sponsored

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
So you just have the drop in filter and the tune, right? Do you plan on leaving that CAI and TB and adding an adapter and 350 manifold, or changing out for GT350 CAI, TB, and manifold?
Yes in the future I just want to swap the GT 350 intake and an adapter.
Everything I've read so far suggests the GT350 TB is causing the issues. I am not going for crazy HP numbers, just a mild increase over stock.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Yes in the future I just want to swap the GT 350 intake and an adapter.
Everything I've read so far suggests the GT350 TB is causing the issues. I am not going for crazy HP numbers, just a mild increase over stock.
In what RPM range?

The GT350 IM actually reduces horsepower down low, but gains up top... unless you're frequently spinning 6,000+ RPM you will actually lose power.

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow glad to see this thread is still alive and kicking! Made this a long time ago.

Anyways, might as well update everybody on my PP1 performance. I have put roughly 8k on the car since the tune. No issues, still feels great. Have used no lift shift a lot throughout the time, and have no transmission or clutch issues at all. Have had the car serviced, told them about it and not to mess with anything, and had no issues at all. I did however have my whole A/C unit replaced (not due to anything with the tune obviously) and they didn't give me any issues with warranty (not that they should, because its unrelated to the tune, but still you never know what dealerships will try to do)
Overall I'm really pleased. This tune allowed me to make my car a little quicker, focus on some suspension mods, and not void my warranty. :cheers:

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
In what RPM range?

The GT350 IM actually reduces horsepower down low, but gains up top... unless you're frequently spinning 6,000+ RPM you will actually lose power.
That's not true.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That's not true.
I recall the dynamometer data I saw for PP3 showing a decrease in torque below 2,500 RPM. A decrease in torque at a given RPM is also a decrease in horsepower. I mean... It was near a 5 HP drop which is statistically insignificant, but the point was that unless you're winding the Coyote up frequently the PP3 gains are not realized.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
If these LMR dynos are accurate Looks like there's a slight drop off in torque with the 350 manifold in the 3.7-4K range. Otherwise pretty similar up to 5500 where the PP2 drops torque much quicker.

I went with the PP2 because I am not doing much above 6500 RPM even @ the track. The nice thing about PP2 is you can always add the 350 manifold or another one later and get a better tune than what FRPP is offering. Saved me a little money and retain warranty now till I figure out what to do later.
FRPP2.jpg
FRPP3.jpg

Last edited:

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
Ouch..looks like Levittown just changed the backorder date from May to early June for PP2 shipments.
;(

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
So if you get the PP3 and now spooning up to 7500 what's up with the opg gears? Does ford say it's ok to run that high without them?

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I finally installed the pp2 after it sitting in my garage for 6 months. After driving it all I can say is why did I wait so long to install it! My car stock had some rev hang when cold now it doesn't. The throttle is definitely snappier. Feels like more torque down low. I'm running pilot super sports and stock they really hook up now with the pp2 it's fairly easy to break them loose. Very glad I did the upgrade.
Sponsored