Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Ace302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Deep Impact Blue
If you run out of options in OC, Galpin Ford in North Hills can do the install.
Thanks but I hope that doesn't become my best option. That is lot further than I want to drive.
Sponsored

Ace302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Deep Impact Blue
Had mine installed by Fritts Ford in Riverside yesterday. Contact Kyle Kline the service manager as he is very familiar with the performance packs.
Thanks! I will give him a call.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Happy to finally be going to the strip tonight. The DA is predicted to be 2500-3000 it's going to be really hot. Last time I went stock it was 1500. Hopefully I can get some good runs in anyway.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Happy to finally be going to the strip tonight. The DA is predicted to be 2500-3000 it's going to be really hot. Last time I went stock it was 1500. Hopefully I can get some good runs in anyway.
cool man let us know :cheers:

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Does anyone know if access to the tune file is based on the computer used to register or a username / password?

Speaking with FRPP today he made it sound like it will be installed onto the laptop used for the registration. Which would mean that I should register the car on my own computer and try to convince the shop to use my laptop during the installation if I want to retain access to the tune should I need to update or revert at a later date.

I am hoping that with my username and password that the shop can access the tune on their computer and that I can also access it later if that is needed by using the same username and password on any computer. To me this would make more sense, otherwise either I or the shop would have to store and maintain that specific laptop for years and years.

Anyone has some insight on this?

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested as well. My shop used there own computer and email. I need to figure out how I can update my tune myself if necessary.

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if access to the tune file is based on the computer used to register or a username / password?

Speaking with FRPP today he made it sound like it will be installed onto the laptop used for the registration. Which would mean that I should register the car on my own computer and try to convince the shop to use my laptop during the installation if I want to retain access to the tune should I need to update or revert at a later date.

I am hoping that with my username and password that the shop can access the tune on their computer and that I can also access it later if that is needed by using the same username and password on any computer. To me this would make more sense, otherwise either I or the shop would have to store and maintain that specific laptop for years and years.

If I remember correctly it is tied to the account email address that is used to register the code. Ford used my laptop when it was time to upload the tune, I had linked it before taking it in.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Hmmm. I wonder if I register my email and VIN using my desktop at home will the shop or I be able to then "log in" using any laptop.

My problem is that my only laptop is super old and runs the old Windows XP and probably won't run on battery anymore. However, I would like to retain access to the tune and procal software for future updates and such.

I wonder if the during the procal software installation / registration process there is a message or warning about installing it only on the intended computer.

Has anyone out there who has already installed PP2 and has their own email/password ever tried to install ProCal on a desktop or alternate laptop to see if it will boot up and potentially allow access to the tune or other functions?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Hmmm. I wonder if I register my email and VIN using my desktop at home will the shop or I be able to then "log in" using any laptop.

My problem is that my only laptop is super old and runs the old Windows XP and probably won't run on battery anymore. However, I would like to retain access to the tune and procal software for future updates and such.

I wonder if the during the procal software installation / registration process there is a message or warning about installing it only on the intended computer.

Has anyone out there who has already installed PP2 and has their own email/password ever tried to install ProCal on a desktop or alternate laptop to see if it will boot up and potentially allow access to the tune or other functions?
Yus if they login with same username and password they can.

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Sweet! Thanks. I'll sort through the kit to make sure that all the pieces are there and setup the registration portion. If I'm lucky the shop can fit me in tomorrow.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it wasn't good guys. But let me say the car does not bog down at all anymore. Ran 13.5 at 108 on two runs with a 2.3 and 2.4 60ft completely spinning through first. The track was horrible and I just couldn't get the car to stick. Have to relearn how to drive the car. before the tune I would just bog down unless I dumped the clutch over 3k. But once I got used to it I could get a 2.0 60ft and the car would run 13.0 stock. The DA was 2500-2700 on my runs tonight vs 1500 when I did the stock runs. I'm sure the car can run a 12.3-12.4 with low DA and atleast a 2.0 or better 60ft.

CrystalWhiteLX50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

Curious? What's your end game? You think you'll get screwed out of updates some how?

This whole thread wreaks of people unsure of what modifying a car entails. Keep your car in a climate controlled bubble if youre REALLY that worried about. Or wait til the warranties over. In the meantime you can rub it with a baby diaper, and then clog up your signature with aesthetic mods. Dude! That Steeda shifter ball collar really firms up those reverse shifts, huh?

Also it's not a "tune". You tune a carburetor car.

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

Works fine on any computer (PC, Windows only AFAIK - mac doesn't work), but you need to be able to put the computer in/very near the car to hook it up to the port - the cable is only like 3ft long. When I did the procal on my EB this is the steps I followed:

1) open the box for the tune, get the paper with the website and code
2) go to ford website and make an account, enter the code when asked
3) download and install the procal software - it will ask to install a driver for the OBD port tool so make sure you click yes to this
4) go to the car, hook it up and let it populate the VIN
5) Now you can click the button to download the calibration file. Save it to a thumb drive if you want
6) remember/write down your login - you have to enter it in the procal software every time you run it anyways
7) took the laptop with the car, gave it to the techs and they hooked it all up
8) IMPORTANT - BATTERY MUST BE ON A CHARGER - if it falls below 13V the software stops the install! When I reflashed the updated tune later at home I used my friends car and jumper cables, worked great. The techs didn't know this so it failed 3-4 times before they actually called FP and were told to put it on a battery charger.
9) save the calibration files the program generates, these include your STOCK calibration if you need to go back for some reason. If I remember right they were saved in a folder in "My Documents".

As long as you have the code and the login you can use the software from any computer, but you WILL NOT have the original cal file for your factory calibration if you forget to save the one it initially generates the first time you flash it.

If you don't have a laptop, borrow one from a friend or family member. I don't think procal supports XP. You could use a laptop from the dealer as well, just make the login at home and bring a USB drive to store the files so you have them later if you need them. Maybe tape a note to it so you know to save it for that only. The code/cal file is tied to your VIN so you don't have to worry about anyone else using it, and you can download the cal files from any PC. The only thing you really need to save is the 1st time cal with your stock files.