Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning

Watch this! I think i heard the throttle body slam shut.
Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
M-9452-M8 - Power Pack 3 (ETA: October 2016)

• Includes GT350 cold air intake with 87mm throttle body and GT350 intake manifold M-9424-M52
  • 37hp and 5lbs/ft peak gains over stock
  • 60hp gain at 7500rpm
  • Industry's only 50-state legal calibration with performance intake manifold
Calibration Notes:

• Ford Performance ProCal tool, included with all calibrations, requires laptop and internet access for calibration install
  • Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles
  • Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle
The link is here: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8

I am a little confused with the PP3.
It says 60HP gain @ 7500RPM.
My stock 5.0 only red lines at 7000RPM. I guess this pack raises the red line of 5.0 to 7500RPM? So how can you say 60HP garin @ 7500RPM?
Does this mean 60HP gain over what stock 5.0 does at 7000RPM? or does it mean 60HP over what 5.0 would do if it would rev to 7500RPM?
Also, are these gains with just the PowerPacks? this is the result I can expect out of my 100% stock car if I purchase and install? I do not want my car to be any louder than it already is.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I am a little confused with the PP3.
It says 60HP gain @ 7500RPM.
My stock 5.0 only red lines at 7000RPM. I guess this pack raises the red line of 5.0 to 7500RPM? So how can you say 60HP garin @ 7500RPM?
Does this mean 60HP gain over what stock 5.0 does at 7000RPM? or does it mean 60HP over what 5.0 would do if it would rev to 7500RPM?
Also, are these gains with just the PowerPacks? this is the result I can expect out of my 100% stock car if I purchase and install? I do not want my car to be any louder than it already is.
That is exactly what it means, as if you remove the rev limiter on the stock car with a tune but don't alter any other parameter and plot the hp graph all the way to 7500 rpm you may see your 60 hp. What you can also do is to estimate the hp from your 7000 rpm stock run, use the same slope after 6500 rpm dip and see where will it be at 7500 rpm. It is probably below 350 whp, mine is a little above 350 whp with a tune! So lets say you are at 340 whp vs 400whp there is your 60 whp difference but its actually crank hp so the real at the wheel would be lower.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)

Watch this! I think i heard the throttle body slam shut.
Yeah I'd guess that's exactly what it would sound like. Sort of a light metal noise at the end of a little gasp like it's being sucked shut.

I don't have that at all with PP2, though with the extremely cold weather since I installed it it's tough to tell since everything sounds a little different.

What I do have is a crazy-loud roar on start. It's normally worse in cold weather, but after the install there's about a second right when I start it where the RPMs jack up a bit before it drops down to normal RPM/sound range. Definitely scary when it first happened and my entire office complex can hear it start (can't cheat and leave early in this car unless I push it lol).

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm getting my PP2 installed at a Ford Dealer tomorrow. I noticed it didn't come with any installation instructions, are they going to know what to do? I

I'll report back in my first impressions tomorrow.

EDIT : Ah, I see Ford Performance has instructions available online. I'll print them out and include them with the parts just to be sure. I know it's all pretty basic stuff, but I want to make sure it's all done right.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I'm getting my PP2 installed at a Ford Dealer tomorrow. I noticed it didn't come with any installation instructions, are they going to know what to do? I

I'll report back in my first impressions tomorrow.

EDIT : Ah, I see Ford Performance has instructions available online. I'll print them out and include them with the parts just to be sure. I know it's all pretty basic stuff, but I want to make sure it's all done right.
Make sure you get the Pro-Cal instructions too.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I think Ford is pretty sloppy in packaging the kit. Mine had printed instructions but was missing the four bolts for the throttle body. Luckily the tech was able to find them at a local hardware store. So make sure all the parts are there before you take it to the shop.

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So the dealership has had the car for a PP2 install for awhile and apparently it threw a couple of codes related to ignition and they can't figure out why. It appears to drive just fine, they just can't figure out these codes it is throwing. Anyone else run in to any issues like this?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So the dealership has had the car for a PP2 install for awhile and apparently it threw a couple of codes related to ignition and they can't figure out why. It appears to drive just fine, they just can't figure out these codes it is throwing. Anyone else run in to any issues like this?
probably the "crank relearn" codes.

Sponsored

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It sounds like they figured it out. Of course, now it's raining outside so I can't really test out the new tune.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
I installed PP3 last night. It took me 5-6 hours in total. The installation was pretty straightforward, but the connectors at the back of the manifold are pretty hard to get to and took a disproportionate amount of time.

The car pulls hard from 4k all the way to 7.5k now, and drivability is good. At first there did seem to be a bit of a tendency for the car to bog a bit during slow takeoffs from a stop, but this has become less noticeable after driving the car for 50 miles or so. I'm not sure if the car's responses changed or if I just got used to giving it a bit more gas. I haven't noticed any pinging or rev hang yet (but I don't rev the car much when cold).

Its hard to say if there has been any change (+ or -) in torque below 4K--I'm not noticing much difference. The car sounds significantly different, but I think this is mostly due to the sound tube delete that is part of this mod. I have the Ford racing touring exhaust. I swapped out the x-pipe for the borla resonator, because the car was too loud for my taste, but now, without the sound tube, I might swap back to the x-pipe.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Can someone use there track apps. Maybe before and after a pp2 or PP3 install. Would be nice to see real world gains. 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time.
Sponsored