Sponsored

18 Manifold on 17 GT: Fitting the JLT Intake

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
Swapped a 2018 Intake Manifold onto my 2017 GTPP last weekend. Stock throttle body. I also installed a 2015-17 JLT 110mm intake setup (filter/airbox/tube/silicone coupler), but the new manifold changes the angle of the throttle body, and thus the intake tube and silicone coupler.

I have heard of this issue before, but I don’t know how guys are “fixing” it. I removed the heat liner from my hood and gained a few millimeters, but it still touches and I don’t want to wear away the paint on the bottom of the hood very bad. Solutions to this problem?

I saw JLT sells a whole new kit that includes a 120mm tube made for the 18 manifold on 15-17 cars, but it’s over $200 for just the tube. I was hoping there was an easier and cheaper solution, considering the standard intake kit already costs $350... maybe a new silicone coupler with a bit of angle to it?

Ideas?
Sponsored

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
'15 here with the '18 manifold, GT350 throttle body w/ adapter plate (pushing things out more), and JLT CAI and haven't noticed any real issues with fitment. Heard more issue with fitment in regards to PMAS. Will check under hood later this evening to see if there are signs of rubbing, but think really just as long as you angle the coupler down slightly, you should be in the clear.

lava5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Add me to the list of curious people, Hood latches, but does not close all the way.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm not sure if it would fit the JLT, but PMAS sells an angled coupler specifically for the '18 manifold. I used it on mine and it helped my fat ass intake fit without any issues. If you know the diameter of your intake tube you could check their site and see if it matches.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
So checked mine, and does appear there is a little rubbing going on between the JLT tube and the hood liner, but nothing that's got me overly concerned.

OP
OP
Wolverine

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
I have yet to try angling mine down, but I will tonight.

As you begin to angle the silicone coupler downwards, you open up a gap on the top and bunch-up/compress material on the bottom. I know there’s nothing I can do to add material on the top side, but I have considered trimming a crescent shaped sliver off the bottom edge to gain some room to angle the coupler down.
Sponsored