[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey if you want a cheap upgrade from stock air tube i have a airaid modular intake tube and Aem dry filter id sell cheap thats just taking up space.
Bill, thanks but already have an Mishimoto intake tube. was just wondering if there was any difference.
Sponsored

Bumzo1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
I'm strongly considering doing an '18 mani/CAI/tune as my next major mod. I'm leaning towards going with the beefcake JLT/Lund combo but open to other options. I use this car for autox and road course so I'm definitely interested in raising the rev limit and making more power up top. My question is what do people usually set their rev limiters at? Do I need to upgrade the OPG gears at the same time? Motor is currently all stock.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm strongly considering doing an '18 mani/CAI/tune as my next major mod. I'm leaning towards going with the beefcake JLT/Lund combo but open to other options. I use this car for autox and road course so I'm definitely interested in raising the rev limit and making more power up top. My question is what do people usually set their rev limiters at? Do I need to upgrade the OPG gears at the same time? Motor is currently all stock.
Probably no need to do OPG. I would just set the rev limiter to a point where you wont hit it. Not much reason to shift past 7600 probably with this manifold. Mine is set at about 8000. If it was still holding power to 8K and you're revving it that high, then it would make sense to do OPG. But since you probably won't need to I'd say you're ok.

I have JLT/Lund and ported 18IM and very happy with the upgrade. My engine is pulling in a lot more air evidenced by my datalogs and I can feel the power increase up top more importantly.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely doesn't hurt to do OPG but certainly adds a lot to the upgrade. I use the car for DD and autocross and set the limiter to 8100 so that I don't hit it even when revving out 2nd. My AED tune is awesome, but I am sure I'd be more than happy with Lund too.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Probably no need to do OPG. I would just set the rev limiter to a point where you wont hit it. Not much reason to shift past 7600 probably with this manifold. Mine is set at about 8000. If it was still holding power to 8K and you're revving it that high, then it would make sense to do OPG. But since you probably won't need to I'd say you're ok.

I have JLT/Lund and ported 18IM and very happy with the upgrade. My engine is pulling in a lot more air evidenced by my datalogs and I can feel the power increase up top more importantly.
So at WOT an auto should be shifting at around 7500 with a 2018 IM? Also who sets the Rev limiter Your tuner or do I? I notice there is an option when loading a tune to adjust the Rev limiter??

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So at WOT an auto should be shifting at around 7500 with a 2018 IM? Also who sets the Rev limiter Your tuner or do I? I notice there is an option when loading a tune to adjust the Rev limiter??
Yes. 7500 is peak power for the ‘18 intake manifold. If I’m not mistaken, I believe your tuner sets the rev limiter.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. 7500 is peak power for the ‘18 intake manifold. If I’m not mistaken, I believe your tuner sets the rev limiter.
No, it's much closer 7100-7200. 7500-7700 is a good place to shift for it, though.
1109181631.jpg

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No, it's much closer 7100-7200. 7500-7700 is a good place to shift for it, though.
1109181631.jpg
Okay he raised the shift rpm at wot and my Rev limiter in my latest rev. Should I worried about ruining anything with that high of rpm?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Okay he raised the shift rpm at wot and my Rev limiter in my latest rev. Should I worried about ruining anything with that high of rpm?
As long as the limiter is higher, sufficiently so, you're good. What did he do raise it to for each?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
You are ok shifting WOT at 7800 with stock OPG's if you don't make it a habit of bouncing off the limiter according to John Nardi with Lund.

Sponsored

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As long as the limiter is higher, sufficiently so, you're good. What did he do raise it to for each?
He said rev limiter is set to 7400 and shifts at 7250. Is that good for an auto with stock injectors, OPG and 91 octane tune?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
He said rev limiter is set to 7400 and shifts at 7250. Is that good for an auto with stock injectors, OPG and 91 octane tune?
You can and probably should rev higher than 7400. You have OPG too?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd bump both of those up 250 to make the most of it, but as it's set its quite safe.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd bump both of those up 250 to make the most of it, but as it's set its quite safe.

You can and probably should rev higher than 7400. You have OPG too?
Oh I meant everything else is stock too, I think I may have OPG confused with something else. I would rather have safe than a couple more 100 RPM's since I do not race and this is my DD.
Sponsored